X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MICHIGAN TECH OFFSEASON THREAD II: The Winning has started

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    If ND is serious about wanting as many non-con games as possible, then they don't want to be in HEA. However they would get to play fellow Catholics BC and Providence. So the debate must be between aligning themselves with the east and playing their Catholic rivals, or aligning themselves with a 7/8-team BHHC and hoping to fill out their OOC schedule with B1G teams. I don't see them interested in joining the WCHA leftovers at all. With their new barn, ND has a chance to make hockey their #2 sport (or at least a co-#2), and casting their lot with the WCHA leftovers guarantees that they relegate it to #3 or 4. I don't picture Jackson being very happy about such a move either.
    Hockey to surpass ND football and bball? Don't see it, they are competing with women's bball and may be close there.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      The chances of the Irish joining the WCHA leftovers (North Dakota, Duluth, Denver, etc) is 50/50. It's either them or Hockey East. Their chances of joining the WCHA are less than zero.
      You mean the CHSL/BHHC/Motel 6/whatever. When I said WCHA leftovers, I meant what will be left of the WCHA after the departures. And yes, there's no chance of that.

Originally posted by giwan View Post
      Hockey to surpass ND football and bball? Don't see it, they are competing with women's bball and may be close there.
      I said #2 or co-#2. Obviously ND football is #1 and always will be. And women's bouncyball is just that - women's bouncyball.
      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 07-12-2011, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Who would have ever guessed that we could get to the point that the NMU and SCSU fans are the bearable ones around here?
        Dogs and Cats living together!! Mass Hysteria!!

The end is nigh!!! Repent Sinners repent!!!

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Well not so fast just quite yet. the BHHC is certain that notre dame and WMU are coming to them.
        Maybe or maybe not but IMHO it behooves college hockey to give these two options that make sense. If the WCHA picks up alaska now, ND might have no choice in where they go.
        I think the league should wait a bit and get the lay of the land first.
        True, way too much musical chairs going on right now to really want to be getting jumpy about committing to a new conference right now. Cast your lot in with the WCHA for now, and keep a weather eye out for what else is going on. its far too crazy out there right now. Hell, for all we know, Hockey East might just grab one of the alaska schools with ND just so they can get the Alaska exemption to play extra home games.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          True, way too much musical chairs going on right now to really want to be getting jumpy about committing to a new conference right now. Cast your lot in with the WCHA for now, and keep a weather eye out for what else is going on. its far too crazy out there right now. Hell, for all we know, Hockey East might just grab one of the alaska schools with ND just so they can get the Alaska exemption to play extra home games.
          But can you tell me what is going RIGHT NOW?
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            But can you tell me what is going RIGHT NOW?
            You're a towel!!
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Pearson should land another defensemen, who happens to be in Traverse City right now. What better place to gain strength and get used to an 85 ft rink than MTU?

Adam Almqvist: And while Almqvist is a superb skater with a good shot and great vision in terms of his playmaking, he remains as underpowered as a full-size pickup truck with a four-cylinder engine—except that his build suggests a Yugo with a hamster wheel instead. His skills are elite but he needs to get stronger and he’s not used to the 85-foot-wide rink, which yields plays happening much faster than he’s accustomed to and less time and space for him to steer shooters wide.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                Pearson should land another defensemen, who happens to be in Traverse City right now. What better place to gain strength and get used to an 85 ft rink than MTU?

Adam Almqvist: And while Almqvist is a superb skater with a good shot and great vision in terms of his playmaking, he remains as underpowered as a full-size pickup truck with a four-cylinder engine—except that his build suggests a Yugo with a hamster wheel instead. His skills are elite but he needs to get stronger and he’s not used to the 85-foot-wide rink, which yields plays happening much faster than he’s accustomed to and less time and space for him to steer shooters wide.
                The defenseman that the Detroit drafted in 2009 that just signed a 3 year deal with the wings? He hasn't been eligible to play college hockey since November 2009 when he started playing in the Swedish Elite League.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index....eman_adam.html Um?
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Plus, hasn't Almqvist played over a season in the SEL? Thus, even without that Wings contract, he's a pro in the NCAA's eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Plus, hasn't Almqvist played over a season in the SEL? Thus, even without that Wings contract, he's a pro in the NCAA's eyes.
                      Fix your darn signature...its the "WZAC" not the "AHA West"
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        Fix your darn signature...its the "WZAC" not the "AHA West"
                        No way. I'm bitter and sarcastic until October.

Comment

What everyone else said....

Comment

Well, recruiting professionals would be a way to quickly get more skill on our blueline. I'll give him that much.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Well I suppose we should get this thread moving.
                              Offseason I: Look For Coach
                              Offseason II: Got coach, find assistants.
                              Offseason III: Find Conference
                              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                                Well I suppose we should get this thread moving.
                                Offseason I: Look For Coach
                                Offseason II: Got coach, find assistants.
                                Offseason III: Find Conference
                                Offseason IV: Profit?

Comment

Working...
                                X