Bentley Falcons Official 2011-2012 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons Official 2011-2012 Thread

Komm stops 46 of 47 shots and Gensler moves up another notch in Div 1 scoring ranking. Hoping to catch Saturday game on satellite dish in Colorado.

Comment

Wow, fantastic stuff. One more boys. One more.

JAR Pride
      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Lots of comments about the game on the RIT thread; thanks Tigers fans.

Comment

Couldn't make last night's game, but caught the last half on TV. Congrats to Bentley. No excuses. Your guys played a solid game and won. From what I saw, RIT wasn't "that bad", but I do think/hope the Tigers have something more inside them to take tonight's game.

Hoping there's another exciting Bentley-RIT battle on Sunday ....
          -M

Comment

Bentley played playoff hockey last night. Congrats. Your desire showed on the ice and on the score board. Another showing that solid and you are headed to the Atlantic tourney at the BCA.
            KBranch

Comment

• Cannot find a bar that carries Time Warner here in Colorado, so will need to follow game 2 on line. Go Falcons!

Comment

Cam Burt foiled what would've been a completely historic night for Branden Komm. He had 58 saves, which is a new D1 record for Bentley, and he now is 100 save sbetter than the all-time single season saves number once held by Joe Calvi. Komm will finish this season as the GAA record holder barring a disaster in the next couple of games (if there even IS another game after tonight). And he holds the record for most appearances in a season.

I feel like Bentley needs to win tongiht because this season is so much more record-setting and special than it ever has been. This is the ebst Bentley team to date, and the 2009 team went to the semis. I'd like to think the hockey gods will smile on us tonight.
                Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  Cannot find a bar that carries Time Warner here in Colorado, so will need to follow game 2 on line. Go Falcons!
                  WITR.RIT.EDU carries free audio, and America One has the video for 9 dollars. I warn you - their radio guys are brutal to listen to.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

I probably will just listen to the audio again tonight, and will probably do same for UNH-BU, which begins two hours earlier. Sure would be nice to have a choice to make between BCA and the Gahden next weekend, but if neither of my teams win, I will be skiing (I no longer play golf).

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      I probably will just listen to the audio again tonight, and will probably do same for UNH-BU, which begins two hours earlier. Sure would be nice to have a choice to make between BCA and the Gahden next weekend, but if neither of my teams win, I will be skiing (I no longer play golf).
                      I've determined that a Bentley win sends me up to BCA next week. A Bentley loss means I'm going golfing regardless of how cold it is out. I really hope dust is accumulating on my clubs on Saturday.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

• Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                        WITR.RIT.EDU carries free audio, and America One has the video for 9 dollars. I warn you - their radio guys are brutal to listen to.
                        How dare you!
                        RIT

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                          Try Drinking while listening and then realize its an RIT broadcast, then if your still mad try talking your College, excuse me University, into spending some money and sending their own radio guys, hey it's cheaper then say a new arena with a little style over character...

Komm has played well, but Bentley can not give up the chances they have given up the last two games. RIT has had issues finishing chances but when you get as many they did last night your going to bury 5 even if you have trouble hitting a barn.

Komm needs to cool it, he over reacted and it led to Alex Grieve's game missconduct. On that play the puck was up in air, below the cross bar, and Komm gloves it and all most at the same an RIT stick glances his glove which was about a half second to slow to knock it into the net. After that all hell breaks loose and Bentley looses a key guy because Komm starts swinging his stick at people. There was also a the Mitchell break away, the rebound there was a scramble and Mitchell and got tangled up, Mitchell was only trying to skate away and Komm was swatting at Mitchell and chirping at one of the Ernst "brothers" while playing was going on. Kids got talent, but I don't think RIT has even tried to get to him, but they have, needs to focus on stopping the puck let your D take care of the rest...

I really liked how RIT played regulation, I even thought they played well in the third despite losing the three goal led. Bentley has seemed to get a lot of key bounces that have led to goals. They also have taken advantage of RIT mistakes, Mads let a soft rebound that the Falcons cashed for a goal. And the Eckenswiller (who got called for a border line trip on Bentley's 3rd goal) failed to get a puck in deep at the line, and the resulting turn over lead to the game tying goal. RIT needs to cut those mistakes out or Bentley will have a chance...
                          Last edited by Tom Naeger; 02-11-2014, 01:57 PM.
                          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule
                          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Congrats on a fine season, Bentley. Best wishes to the seniors, including Kyle Rank; you have provided much entertainment at the JAR and a few other venues for me the past four years. I am looking forward to next year.

Comment

This one hurt and it hurt bad. Not because they lost but because I had this nagging feeling that Bentley truly deserved this opportunity, and it was right there, then snatched away. This would've meant a helluva lot more to us than other places with all this team has done for the university and the community, but sometimes you can learn more in losing than you can from winning.

There are four teams in the AHA Semifinal round - Air Force, Niagara, Mercyhurst, and RIT. I wouldn't want to take any of them over Bentley. And if you gave me the option of following any of these teams, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but Bentley. This program really flourished and grew this year, and I think we will look back and see as the year where everything got started.

These seniors were tremendous people, which is more than anything we could ever ask for. They've been very gracious to anyone who wanted to be a part of this program, and they spent time talking and getting to know everyone who would stick around after a game. It wasn't uncommon to go out to a Subway or Sadie's on moody and bump into the guys, and they'd recognize everyone and stop by to say hi and talk to you. That's something Coach Soderquist and Coach Murphy have really done a great job growing, and I already can't wait for October to begin the process anew.

As a fan, I am incredible indebted to the Bentley community and the Bentley seniors of 2012. I wish them nothing but luck and success as they join the ranks of the alumni community.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Top Five Scorers:
                                Gensler, Grieve, Switzer, Rickford, Breton.

Top Goaltender:
                                Komm

ALL FRESHMEN AND SOPHOMORES

Just sayin'.
                                Bentley University Hockey
                                On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Working...
                                X