Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons Official 2011-2012 Thread

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
    With four games to go, it is time to start talking about Gensler getting consideration for AHA POTY. The decision is deeper than simply being the league's scoring leader, but that's certainly a good start. Thoughts?
    Being the league's scoring leader is a great start for AHA POTY. What I especially like is how Gensler has about twice as many assists as goals; he has been a great mentor for his two frosh linemates.

Bentley has been fortunate to be able to skate four solid lines this year, with two of the seniors showing great leadership as role players. Over the past four years, Jamie Nudy always has been a scoring threat when on the PK, and this year Aaron Stonacek has picked up three shorties. So, opposing teams cannot simply shut down the first line and expect to win, with this past weekend being a case and point.

Comment

Big weekend on tap. The report card from last week is up.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...d-aic-weekend/
      Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Being the league's scoring leader is a great start for AHA POTY. What I especially like is how Gensler has about twice as many assists as goals; he has been a great mentor for his two frosh linemates.

Bentley has been fortunate to be able to skate four solid lines this year, with two of the seniors showing great leadership as role players. Over the past four years, Jamie Nudy always has been a scoring threat when on the PK, and this year Aaron Stonacek has picked up three shorties. So, opposing teams cannot simply shut down the first line and expect to win, with this past weekend being a case and point.
        I don't think Gensler will win POTY, but I think he deserves first ballot mentioning. This Bentley team woudl win without him, which discredits him from being an MVP candidate in the face of other players like Madolora, who seems to be the flavor of everyone's cup of coffee.

But I do think Gensler will garner the recognition next year or his senior year, when he coule also be a Hobey Hopeful on par with our old pal Cory Conacher from Canisius was last year.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
          I don't think Gensler will win POTY, but I think he deserves first ballot mentioning. This Bentley team woudl win without him, which discredits him from being an MVP candidate in the face of other players like Madolora, who seems to be the flavor of everyone's cup of coffee.

But I do think Gensler will garner the recognition next year or his senior year, when he coule also be a Hobey Hopeful on par with our old pal Cory Conacher from Canisius was last year.
          Hmmm, if AHA POTY goes to a goalie, a case could be made for Komm. Compare his AHA stats with Madolara's, which are not all that different, including their head-to-head match up games at the JAR in January. Yeah, looks like a slight edge to Madolara, but not huge.

Comment

I'm so sorry, but it is beyond laughing. The JAR was NOT loud Friday night.

MAYBE it was loud compared to the typical JAR, or most Atlantic Hockey rinks, but you have not seen loud until you have been to places like RIT, Cornell, RPI etc.
            Meisner handled Clarkson just fine, he handled Michigan Tech just fine. I honestly don't think he has been 100% since he got hit in the head in Niagara a few weeks ago, and his defense has had just enough big lapses that Bentley has taken advantage of, and sent excellent shots at the net.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
              I'm so sorry, but it is beyond laughing. The JAR was NOT loud Friday night.

MAYBE it was loud compared to the typical JAR, or most Atlantic Hockey rinks, but you have not seen loud until you have been to places like RIT, Cornell, RPI etc.
              I was not at the JAR on Friday night, but the place has been a lot louder with Bentley fans in the games I have attended in comparison to past years. I think that AHA goalies are generally very good, including Meisner.

Comment

Preview of what's at stake for thsi weekend corutsy of Excalibur.

Not sure if I'm making it down to UConn on friday because of on call work with my real job. Need to remain married to my computer and I haven't slept in 2 days.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...ganized-chaos/

Snively are you heading down to storrs this weekend?

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Wouldn't it be much easier, fairer, and simpler if we just did what this crazy "pod" system already is, in effect, doing.....and, split the conference into two divisions, East and West? Give the winner of each division, plus remaining two best overall teams, all first round byes.

And while we're at it, lets just go ahead and trim the playoffs to eight teams, instead of "everybody gets in" free-for-all.

Just sayin'.
                  Bentley University Hockey
                  On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Huge win tonight for the Falcons. 2 points next weekend and they should have home ice during the playoffs.
                    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                      Huge win tonight for the Falcons. 2 points next weekend and they should have home ice during the playoffs.
                      Gensler hat trick, Grieve 6 points; first line clicking on all cyllinders tonight, Komm continues to make his case for AHA best goalie, Bentley now tied for third, 2 to 4 pts out of first, awaiting Air Force result. All comes down to final weekend with AHA finest rivalry, Bentley and Holy Cross.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Gensler hat trick, Grieve 6 points; first line clicking on all cyllinders tonight, Komm continues to make his case for AHA best goalie, Bentley now tied for third, 2 to 4 pts out of first, awaiting Air Force result. All comes down to final weekend with AHA finest rivalry, Bentley and Holy Cross.
                        Bentley has an outside shot to win the conference. They need to sweep Holy Cross, have RIT-Niagara split, have Mercyhurst split or be swept, and have Air Force split or be swept. They hold tie breakers against AF ONLY, meaning in order to get a bye, they'll need someone to win something outright. The good news is that with Niagara-RIT, if Bentley takes a 3 or 4 point weekend from the Crusaders, they will get a bye. Nightmare scenario is if they lose both, they're the 6 seed. Holy Cross still with a chance at a by eas well.

This rivalry is amazing; I went to Holy Cross 2 years ago when Dustin Cloutier had a torn ACL. Their fans are exactly like Bentley's - loud, brash, and abrasive (and, to a point, drunk). At the time, I said they bordered on unacceptable behavior. But it's good to see them out.

This is a great rivalry with fierce histories. Already can't wait for Friday.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Here's the official word from the Bentley Athletics Department:

The easiest way for Bentley to finish first in the AHA appears to be a sweep of Holy Cross next weekend, combined with Air Force getting two points or less against Robert Morris, Mercyhurst getting three points or less against Canisius AND either a split of the RIT-Niagara series or Niagara getting three points.

CAN IT BE FRIDAY ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Terrible state of affairs at BU with the latest arrest, this one of Max NIcastro.

In the interest of conversation, I'll say that Ryan Soderquist has done a magnificent job of coaching his players and getting them to act appropriately. Maybe it's his age at being a young man himself, having graduated in 2000, but Soder has done a great job in getting in tight with the players. There is not a bad guy among the lot, and while they go out and act crazy, they also know the ramifications of their actions.

I'll say this - I hope I"m never proven wrong by something like this statement.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Any word on student buses to the games this weekend?
                              Bentley University Hockey
                              On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

• Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                                Bentley has an outside shot to win the conference. They need to sweep Holy Cross, have RIT-Niagara split, have Mercyhurst split or be swept, and have Air Force split or be swept. They hold tie breakers against AF ONLY, meaning in order to get a bye, they'll need someone to win something outright. The good news is that with Niagara-RIT, if Bentley takes a 3 or 4 point weekend from the Crusaders, they will get a bye. Nightmare scenario is if they lose both, they're the 6 seed. Holy Cross still with a chance at a by eas well.

This rivalry is amazing; I went to Holy Cross 2 years ago when Dustin Cloutier had a torn ACL. Their fans are exactly like Bentley's - loud, brash, and abrasive (and, to a point, drunk). At the time, I said they bordered on unacceptable behavior. But it's good to see them out.

This is a great rivalry with fierce histories. Already can't wait for Friday.
                                Sorry that I missed UConn games while in northern Maine this past weekend. But, will attend both games this final weekend. Last time that I visited Hart (I would like to see a rink like Hart on campus at Bentley) was when Tony Quesada beat us in a post-season match (Tony was great at knocking a post off its mooring whenever things got tight around his net).

Comment

Working...
                                X