Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons Official 2011-2012 Thread

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Watch out for SHU they are sneaky
    So I have heard.

Comment

Did you happen to see the score? They couldn't even keep up with the worst team Yale has put on the ice in the last four seasons. Yale will not even be in the top twenty after this weekend.
      If you'd have looked into what I said and not that one snippet, what I was saying was merely that when Bentley is on, they have the ability to compete and beat anybody this year. What I'm saying is that Bentley unraveled against Yale, that they weren't up for that game as much as they should've been, that they hadn't prepared. Ryan Soderquist actually said he was benching three of his top players for the Friday Bobby mo game because they hadn't practiced well leading up to Yale and it showed during the Sunday game.. I personally think Bentley, after going down to a 7-3 or 6-3 deficit, caved in with their roof and stopped fighting. That's how a goalie like Brandon Komm gives up 8 goals in a single game when he didn't even allow that many against Michigan. Bentley flat out quit on the ice. If they get a return match, Bentley will be up for it and you'll see a very different Falcon team.

That same Falcon team, to segue to Snively's comments, is the team that showed up on Friday and Saturday and was clearly motivated. They were skating with lots of energy, stayed largely out of the box for most of the weekend, and answered the bell. Ryan Kayfes had himself the game of the year with how he played on Friday. He didn't have a goal or an assist, but he was all over the place, hitting cleanly, and disrupting play out of the fourth line. On Saturday, the team got their wheels going when Nudy returned to the lineup with the same attitude. I was disappointed with the Yale game, but I was encouraged by the games against RMU. I really don't think we saw the true Bentley effort last Sunday, and instead, we're choosing to focus on the RMU game.

This week it'll be an extremely tough test with the trip out west. Snively, I know I'm not going, but are you? Air Force is always tough to get out to, let alone expensive for me.
      Last edited by Humanoid; 01-09-2012, 12:08 PM.
      Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Watch out for SHU they are sneaky
        Good Lord I still have no idea how that happened earlier in the year against Yale. I would've predicted a 16-0 Yale win.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
          If you'd have looked into what I said and not that one snippet, what I was saying was merely that when Bentley is on, they have the ability to compete and beat anybody this year. What I'm saying is that Bentley unraveled against Yale, that they weren't up for that game as much as they should've been, that they hadn't prepared. Ryan Soderquist actually said he was benching three of his top players for the Friday Bobby mo game because they hadn't practiced well leading up to Yale and it showed during the Sunday game.. I personally think Bentley, after going down to a 7-3 or 6-3 deficit, caved in with their roof and stopped fighting. That's how a goalie like Brandon Komm gives up 8 goals in a single game when he didn't even allow that many against Michigan. Bentley flat out quit on the ice. If they get a return match, Bentley will be up for it and you'll see a very different Falcon team.

That same Falcon team, to segue to Snively's comments, is the team that showed up on Friday and Saturday and was clearly motivated. They were skating with lots of energy, stayed largely out of the box for most of the weekend, and answered the bell. Ryan Kayfes had himself the game of the year with how he played on Friday. He didn't have a goal or an assist, but he was all over the place, hitting cleanly, and disrupting play out of the fourth line. On Saturday, the team got their wheels going when Nudy returned to the lineup with the same attitude. I was disappointed with the Yale game, but I was encouraged by the games against RMU. I really don't think we saw the true Bentley effort last Sunday, and instead, we're choosing to focus on the RMU game.

This week it'll be an extremely tough test with the trip out west. Snively, I know I'm not going, but are you? Air Force is always tough to get out to, let alone expensive for me.
          I would consider flying out to the Springs as my brother lives in Lakewood, but I will be in New Zealand with Bentley students the next two weeks.

I actually thought that our team did not quit as much as Ryan O'Neill woke up at an inopportune time for us. The Yale fans around me even commented about how hard we were playing even when we were down 7-3. I was a bit annoyed at our coach for leaving Branden in net as long as he did, as his GGA dropped from fourth in Div 1 to out of the top 20. But, after giving up only three goals this past weekend, he is right back in the top 10 again. Except for the Yale game, Komm is having a great season. But, I was wondering why those three were not in Friday night's Bobby Mo game. So, far we have avoided the injury bug for the most part this season, and right now with three healthy scratches each night, there is lots of incentive for everyone to work hard in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            I would consider flying out to the Springs as my brother lives in Lakewood, but I will be in New Zealand with Bentley students the next two weeks.

I actually thought that our team did not quit as much as Ryan O'Neill woke up at an inopportune time for us. The Yale fans around me even commented about how hard we were playing even when we were down 7-3. I was a bit annoyed at our coach for leaving Branden in net as long as he did, as his GGA dropped from fourth in Div 1 to out of the top 20. But, after giving up only three goals this past weekend, he is right back in the top 10 again. Except for the Yale game, Komm is having a great season. But, I was wondering why those three were not in Friday night's Bobby Mo game. So, far we have avoided the injury bug for the most part this season, and right now with three healthy scratches each night, there is lots of incentive for everyone to work hard in practice.
            Maybe I gave us too much credit

Agree with the three inactives - it provides quite a bit of leeway for decisions like this. I caught the broadcast on Saturday since i was home on call for work. They reported that Coach Soderquist said after the game that the three players were benched because their week of practice wasn't better than someone elses. It's an interesting point that he's not afraid to just roll whoever looks good during the week, regardless of who it was. He legitimately said, "they didn't have the best week of practice. other guys practiced better. I put in who looked best."

That's a great luxury to have when you can do something like that. I've been convinced that Bentley has four solid lines; their top line isn't as good as the top lines at some schools, as we've seen, but when you trickle down their lines 1-4 can compete against any of the middle lines. It presents interesting matchup possibilities.

Brett Gensler has been having himself a season, by the way. 14 points, mostly by assists. I can't remember the last time Bentley had a player who was a true assist feeder. Maybe back with the Prewitt and Gumaer era?

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

According to this website:

http://playoffstatus.com/atlantichoc...standings.html

Bentley has a roughly 92% chance of hosting a first round series or gaining a first round bye.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Report card is up from the RMU series....

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...-card-week-10/

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

• Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                  Report card is up from the RMU series....

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...-card-week-10/
                  My brother in Lakewood caught the games at Cadet Arena this weekend; congrats to the Bentley Falcons picking up another three points against a tough western pod AHA team. Another great weekend for Komm and his stingy d-men.

Comment

The report card is up for the Air Force series.

ANYONE ELSE PUMPED FOR RIT!!!!!!!

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...-card-week-11/

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Here's a pretty fun link to another thread that revolves around a "championship belt" in college hockey.

By virtue of their wins over some of the other schools, Bentley now holds the AHA "belt" with a "defense" against RIT this week. They do it like a boxing match where the winner takes over the belt and then defends against someone else. Just a fun thing to lineage the past years. Either that or people have way too much time on their hands.

Personally I'd rather have a real championship than a fake message board "belt"

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...art-III/page10

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Game writeup from Excalibur tonight. Also the writeup from Bentleyfalcons.com

Tough pill to swallow. Defensive struggle. Offense was lacking.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...t-bentley-2-0/
                        http://bentleyfalcons.com/sports/mic...201201203z60t3
                        http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...120122636.aspx

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                          Game writeup from Excalibur tonight. Also the writeup from Bentleyfalcons.com

Tough pill to swallow. Defensive struggle. Offense was lacking.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...t-bentley-2-0/
                          http://bentleyfalcons.com/sports/mic...201201203z60t3
                          http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...120122636.aspx
                          Only reading the box score, but looks like the Falcons ran into another hot goaltender in Madolora, who is now 3rd in Div 1 GAA (1.872) and 6th in Save% (Komm 23rd in GAA [2.32, despite giving up 8 goals against Yale] and 7th in Save%). Tough night for eastern pod AHA teams, with Army the one only picking up up a point with 3-3 tie against AFA. Somehow the Falcons need to find a way to score a goal or two against Madolora on Saturday night.

Comment

From local press..

http://www.wickedlocal.com/waltham/m...#axzz1kA0D083J

Bentley played well this weekend, but rough patch against RIT. Questionable calls didn't help, but it was equally bad for both teams. Sometimes you see those weekends where you feel like you should've had a point but didn't get any. I have faith in this team that they will succeed. Quick turnaround to HC on Tuesday.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Bentley and Holy Cross tied with Canisius for 7th in AHA, but have a game in hand that will be expended on Tuesday night at the JAR. Bentley and Holy Cross also have two games in hand over UConn, which sits one point ahead in 6th place. So, the western pod is attempting to make it a #1-6 again this season, despite most of the regional pod matches being close games whenever UConn, Bentley, and Holy Cross have been involved. Looking like a lost season for Sacred Heart, AIC, and probably Army, all of whom have been struggling. Bentley is running a bus between campus and the JAR on Tuesday night, so hoping for a good student turn out to match the fan contingent from Holy Cross, which is usually strong at the JAR. I am thinking another low scoring and well played game between the Falcons and the Crusaders, our biggest rival.

Comment

Bentley Report Card is up from Excalibur for Week 12 - RIT

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...-card-week-12/

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Working...
                                X