Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons Official 2011-2012 Thread

Originally posted by rjohntute View Post
    Storied? If you wanna call three years history...
    Three years? Ingalls was built in the 50's, one of the oldest college rinks in the country. It was renovated three years ago, but so was Fenway.
    Bentley University Hockey
    On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
      Snively... I too was at that game last night (although I was there in support of Brown). It thought it was a magnificent game
      Last year when UNH struggled to come back to tie Brown, I was thinking that the Cats were just caught being too relaxed and playing down to their competition. I did not feel that way this year, from the get go. This season could be the first since 1995/96 that UNH does not get home ice for the Hockey East tourney (they might not even get into the tourney) and the first season in over a decade that the Cats do not get into the NCAAs. It has been a nice run, but the Cats are struggling and not sure that the development of the frosh will occur quickly enough to salvage this season.

Bentley, on the other hand, has been exciting to watch all season, especially in their five losses and one tie in OOC competition; the Falcons never give up and have been playing hard for 60 minutes in every game that I have seen.

Whoops, sell out at Ingalls on New Years Day? I do not have a ticket, so hope that I can get one at the door.

Comment

Well that was ugly on Sunday. The Excalibur report card is up. Uglyness all around:

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...t-card-week-9/
        Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Well that was ugly on Sunday. The Excalibur report card is up. Uglyness all around:

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...t-card-week-9/
          The Yale fans around me said that this game was by far and away the best that the Bull Dogs and Brian O'Neill had played all year. Just bad timing for the Falcons to be the recipient of O'Neill's break out.

However, all is well, as Yale lost 3-2 to Princeton tonight, whereas Bentley played perhaps their best game of the season to beat Bobby Mo 2-1 on a laser upper left glove side, clanking off the post (what a great sound and sight to see it go in) by Alex Grieve (FR) from just inside the right circle with 10 seconds left in regulation. Great game all the way around, with stellar performances by both goalies (30 saves by Komm, 23 saves by Ostergard). Bentley tied earlier in the 3rd on Brett Switzer (FR) goal. Both Grieve and Switzer picked up an assist, along with the two assists by linemate Brett Gensler (So). Bentley outshot Bobby Mo 15 to 8 in the second, but gave up the only goal midway through. USCHO lists attendance at 322; ha, ha, ha, ha! Perhaps there were 50 at the JAR tonight. Let's go for the sweep on Saturday night, Falcons! I will be at Fenway but tracking Bentley on my droid.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            The Yale fans around me said that this game was by far and away the best that the Bull Dogs and Brian O'Neill had played all year. Just bad timing for the Falcons to be the recipient of O'Neill's break out.

However, all is well, as Yale lost 3-2 to Princeton tonight, whereas Bentley played perhaps their best game of the season to beat Bobby Mo 2-1 on a laser upper left glove side, clanking off the post (what a great sound and sight to see it go in) by Alex Grieve (FR) from just inside the right circle with 10 seconds left in regulation. Great game all the way around, with stellar performances by both goalies (30 saves by Komm, 23 saves by Ostergard). Bentley tied earlier in the 3rd on Brett Switzer (FR) goal. Both Grieve and Switzer picked up an assist, along with the two assists by linemate Brett Gensler (So). Bentley outshot Bobby Mo 15 to 8 in the second, but gave up the only goal midway through. USCHO lists attendance at 322; ha, ha, ha, ha! Perhaps there were 50 at the JAR tonight. Let's go for the sweep on Saturday night, Falcons! I will be at Fenway but tracking Bentley on my droid.
            Game Story is up for the Bentley-RMU game last night at Excalibur

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...-win-over-rmu/

322 fans at Bentley is about 302 too many! It must be the SID's birthday or something haha (March 22)

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

USCHO lists attendance at 322; ha, ha, ha, ha! Perhaps there were 50 at the JAR tonight. Let's go for the sweep on Saturday night, Falcons! I will be at Fenway but tracking Bentley on my droid.
              Attendance comes from the school, not USCHO, but while I don't see 322 unless players counted, there were far more than 50. Mini-gallery (very mini, sorry) http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2012/01/...t-minute-goal/

Great job by Bentley especially w/o suspended players.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                Attendance comes from the school, not USCHO, but while I don't see 322 unless players counted, there were far more than 50. Mini-gallery (very mini, sorry) http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2012/01/...t-minute-goal/

Great job by Bentley especially w/o suspended players.
                Hey, Melissa. Yes, I was exagerrating a bit, but not by much! Nice shooting from the Bentley penalty box last night!

Comment

Hey, Melissa. Yes, I was exagerrating a bit, but not by much! Nice shooting from the Bentley penalty box last night!
                  The photos are always fantastic. We tend to exaggerate the attendance and quality of the rink just on the basis that it's a running joke for us. The little engine that can - Bentley Falcons!

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Game roundup is up on Excalibur from last night's 2-2 tie! A great weekend of hockey by both teams, even though Bentley took 3 points (which I'm pretty happy with!).

Fantastic, clean hockey for the most part. Was very entertained by defensive hockey!

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...-with-2-2-tie/

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

However, all is well, as Yale lost 3-2 to Princeton tonight,
                      Yale beat Princeton 6-2 last night.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        Yale beat Princeton 6-2 last night.
                        Whoops, I meant Yale lost to Quinnipiac 2-1 on Friday night. It was Brown that lost to Princeton 3-2 on Friday night.

But, the important point is that I think that playing Yale and other top Div 1 teams on the road helps Bentley in their own conference games.

Comment

Whoops, I meant Yale lost to Quinnipiac 2-1 on Friday night. It was Brown that lost to Princeton 3-2 on Friday night.

But, the important point is that I think that playing Yale and other top Div 1 teams on the road helps Bentley in their own conference games.
                          Heaven forbid we miss an OOC score on a message conversation board!

It was clear this past weekend that Bentley was coming out angry after what happened against Yale. They had the ability to beat Yale, ans they did against Michigan and unraveled themselves because of various reasons. They've proven once again they can beat a top-tier AHA team. When Bentley is on point, you're hard pressed to find anybody they'd have trouble beating.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Heaven forbid we miss an OOC score on a message conversation board!

They had the ability to beat Yale
                            Did you happen to see the score? They couldn't even keep up with the worst team Yale has put on the ice in the last four seasons. Yale will not even be in the top twenty after this weekend.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              They couldn't even keep up with the worst team Yale has put on the ice in the last four seasons.
                              We kept up with Yale for 33 minutes, but then the roof fell in after two dumb penalties from which O'Neill wasted no time capitalizing. Then, two more fast break goals by O'Neill and his line and it was really game over. Bentley's worst beat down of the year, much worse than the two games at Michigan and the one at Quinnipiac.

Within Atlantic Hockey, some of us were delighted that one eastern pod team swept and two others, including Bentley, took 3 of 4 points against western pod games this past weekend. The only Atlantic Hockey team that has had any PWR points all season is Air Force, I believe. So, Bentley's upcoming road trip to altitude in Colorado Springs this coming weekend will be a big test. But, if Komm plays in net the way he did this past weekend against Bobby Mo, the Bentley Falcons should be able to hang with the Air Force Falcons in both games. Shoulda, coulda, woulda won both games against Air Force at the JAR last New Year's Eve Eve and New Year's Eve.

Comment

Watch out for SHU they are sneaky
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X