Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Falcons Official 2011-2012 Thread

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Ok, I am predicting four points for the Falcons again this weekend. Bentley students getting free t-shirts for attending AIC game at the JAR on Friday night, so hoping for a big crowd.
    My only Devil's Advocate argument is that the men's basketball team opens up Friday night at 8 pm at the Dana Center. More than likely that will draw a huge crowd in the Tip Off Classic. So hopefully it doesn't hurt attendance at the JAR, since 200 people at the JAR getting loud can have a really pronounced effect on the game.

Bentley women also opening up at UMass-Lowell, and they're ranked #2 in the nation. So hopefully students don't travel to Lowell and stay home for some hockey. Should be interesting to see what happens.. The scheduling gods are not smilling on the hockey team as much as we'd like.
    Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

I have also heard that Excalibur Sports will start carrying audio of the broadcasts after the games are complete (on tape delay). I've emailed the site to ask for confirmation, but this would be great publicity if true.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Good solid win for the Falcons tonight. Komm came within about five minutes of a shut out, but Bentley took three minors in a row during the closing minutes, giving up a PPG before clinching with an ENG to win 4-1. Both Komm and Meisner played great in net and until late in the 3rd both teams played disciplined and energetic hockey, although the Falcons dominated puck possession except for second half of the first period. Despite Nudy, Campanelli, and Ledford not playing because of injuries, the Falcons rolled all four lines and three D pairs for the entire game, and that seemed to be wearing down the Yellow Jackets through the second and third periods.

Attendance that included a free tee shirt was muted by opening men's basketball game back on campus, but a small group of Bentley students stood and shouted the entire game, which was great to see.

The Black Knights won their first game tonight so both teams will be looking to extend their one-game winning streaks at Tate Rink on Saturday night.

Comment

Some audio clips are up indeed on Excalibur from last night's game.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2011/...now-available/

Any words on the lineups for Saturday? Is Nudy back from injury?

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

4 Point weekend!!!!!!! Bentley is in 2nd place now tied with mercyhurst for the AHA standings. What a great weekend and great performance all around by the Falcons. Very proud to be associated with the program right now.

I know it's a little early to be thinking about it but there's already some information up regarding postseason probabilities. Interesting to note that Sacred Heart is predicted to finish 12th by a 75% chance..

http://www.playoffstatus.com/atlanti...standings.html

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
              4 Point weekend!!!!!!! Bentley is in 2nd place now tied with mercyhurst for the AHA standings. What a great weekend and great performance all around by the Falcons. Very proud to be associated with the program right now.

I know it's a little early to be thinking about it but there's already some information up regarding postseason probabilities. Interesting to note that Sacred Heart is predicted to finish 12th by a 75% chance..

http://www.playoffstatus.com/atlanti...standings.html
              It is WAY to early for that. it's not even accurate.

Congrats on a good weekend though.
              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
              Men's Frozen Four 2010
              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                It is WAY to early for that. it's not even accurate.

Congrats on a good weekend though.
                It's never too early to speculate!

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Here's the Bentley Falcons report card from Excalibur Sports..

http://excalibursportspage.com/2011/...t-card-week-6/

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Thanks for link, Humanoid. Excalibur needs to proofread their text better, but interesting perspectives. I still think that Komm standing on his head in the latter part of the first period on Friday night is what allowed Bentley to hang on to win that one. Appears that Komm had another outstanding game on Saturday night at West Point. But, offense and rest of defense besides Komm will need to crank it up a few notches to earn any points against Mercyhurst. I would be happy with a split this weekend. Falcons have been certainly fun to watch so far this season. I think that the tough OOC schedule really helped early on.

Comment

With Branden Komm featured on the first page of USCHO for his fine work in net this past weekend, I am wondering when was the last time that Bentley made the first page photo gallery, if ever?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        With Branden Komm featured on the first page of USCHO for his fine work in net this past weekend, I am wondering when was the last time that Bentley made the first page photo gallery, if ever?
                        Fantastic performance by both goalies on Friday night!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          Fantastic performance by both goalies on Friday night!
                          Ok, before I will accept that the western AHA teams are our daddy, I want to see the Niagara series at the JAR the first weekend of December. But for two PP goals, we were in the game all the way against Mercyhurst last night. AHA is a great conference!

Comment

Sacred Heart 7, Yale 6?????????????????????????????????????

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

• Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                              Sacred Heart 7, Yale 6?????????????????????????????????????
                              Indeed; Yale on New Year's Day is our last chance for an OOC win this season. AIC also got their OOC 3-0 win against Brown last night.

Comment

Short blurb from Excalibur about the upcoming weekend, including Media information.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2011/...dy-for-eagles/

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Working...
                                X