X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    CBS Sports Network to televise @DU_Hockey at Boston College on Friday, Oct. 14. Puck drop changed to 5:35pm MT.
    Great news!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
      3 days and counting
      We must be getting close. I just got a call from Crown Royal wanting to know if they should resume deliveries.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Holy Crap! I had no idea about any of this regarding Swami. I just assumed he was taking the summer off from the boards. I would consider him the most respected DU poster, if not the most respected overall poster, on the boards. Very sorry to be missing his insight and knowledge on here. I hope he comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          Holy Crap! I had no idea about any of this regarding Swami. I just assumed he was taking the summer off from the boards. I would consider him the most respected DU poster, if not the most respected overall poster, on the boards. Very sorry to be missing his insight and knowledge on here. I hope he comes back.
          This.
          Originally posted by CavalryNate
          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
            We have been watching the Colorado Eagles news and they have signed a lot of players, but not Kevin Ulanski or Matt Glasser. Anyone have any idea where they are headed? At least we have Maiani to watch in Loveland...
            I read on Elite Prospects that Glasser signed with Eaters Geleen in Netherlands.

Comment

Pre-Season DU goal light test.

*****http://www.catwritr.com/images/goal.gif******

DU GOAL
              Don't you just love it!

CBS Sports Network to televise @DU_Hockey at Boston College on Friday, Oct. 14. Puck drop changed to 5:35pm MT.

Also all home games not on Root Sports will be streamed live on Pioneer Vision except for the 2/10 game against Minnesota and the 2/24 game against UND. My guess is that these 2 games will be broadcast nationally and will be announced in the future.
              Wondered when PV was going to announce a schedule.

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
              We must be getting close. I just got a call from Crown Royal wanting to know if they should resume deliveries.
              With 11 freshmen and Brittain out for the 1st half of the season, you might need more than once a week delivery.
              Remember to charge up the defibrillator

WCHA coaches and media polls pick DU as #1. To be honest, that's making me a little nervous. I hope these knowlegeable types know of what they speak.

FWIW,
              Yes, it did look like the Isles 2nd team last night. Donovan did get some good mentions.
              Tyler Bozak is "banged up" and hasn't played in the Leafs last 2 games.

Chris Butler, who has been paired with Bouwmeester for much of the preseason, also
              put forth an impressive effort. He assisted on Stempniak's goal, was a +2,
              played 21:05 and recorded two blocked shots in the victory.
              From the Flames website.
              Last edited by vizoroo; 09-28-2011, 07:34 PM.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                Don't you just love it!

Wondered when PV was going to announce a schedule.

With 11 freshmen and Brittain out for the 1st half of the season, you might need more than once a week delivery.
                Remember to charge up the defibrillator

WCHA coaches and media polls pick DU as #1. To be honest, that's making me a little nervous. I hope these knowlegeable types know of what they speak.

FWIW,
                Yes, it did look like the Isles 2nd team last night. Donovan did get some good mentions.
                Tyler Bozak is "banged up" and hasn't played in the Leafs last 2 games.

From the Flames website.
                Pre-season ratings are a mixed blessing, aren't they? It's nice to know other, presumably neutral, people have a high regard for the Pioneers. On the other hands, that puts a big bullseye on their backs, doesn't it? Injuries (shiver) can sure play a part in it. I'm thinking we've had more than our share of serious injuries the last few years and we could surely use a break this season. How many elite programs lose a key player in the off season? As to that, I repeat my belief that we'll be at least okay in goal and that Adam Murray will be a big surprise (he better be). Losing that weight makes me even more optimistic.

Big freshman class, with signs all over the place of a high level of school spirit. Maybe people will have to study and do their tax returns and chat with their investment advisors someplace other than Magness this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  To which I must presume you responded, "Hells Yes, and with the quickness!"

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                    To which I must presume you responded, "Hells Yes, and with the quickness!"
                    Of course. I purchased a new industrial strength ice machine that I'm anxious to try out. That sucker puts out so many of those little, tiny clear cubes it's like owning a Zamboni.

Comment

A couple of things:

1- How is Jesse Martin doing?
                      2- Depending on Brittain's return, will there be talk of a "Red Shirt?"
                      3- When he does return, what happens to the Finnish guy?
                      4- I don't like being ranked #1 with the Goalie questions out there.

Go DU!!!
                      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                      Tom Serratore

Comment

2 days and counting
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Katie Strang of ESPN just tweeted this about Rock

Both Jurcina (groin) and Rakhsani (knee) went to see doctor this am; Capuano said Rakhshani's knee injury seems the more serious of two
                          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
                            We have been watching the Colorado Eagles news and they have signed a lot of players, but not Kevin Ulanski or Matt Glasser. Anyone have any idea where they are headed? At least we have Maiani to watch in Loveland...
                            Here's a link from the 9/10 edition Fort Wayne News Sentinel which says the Fort Wayne Komets wanted Ulanski but he wants to stay in Colorado.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pb...110909711/1002

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Even if it was the 2nd team---From Lighthouse.com:
                              Blueline TOI leader (23:28) Matt Donovan's strength is already impressive, and he had a really nice game both handling the puck and positioning his body. I was unmoved by his appearances in the rookie game so I owe him praise for the attributes he exhibited tonight, which also included a team-high four shots. His time included three minutes each on the PP and PK, so it was fun to see him play in all situations. Very nice showing.

Kevin Ulanski: Has been a dominant player in the CHL, but with the Eagles move to the ECHL, seems the Eagles must be questioning his role at the next step up. Or money?
                              Last edited by vizoroo; 09-29-2011, 06:35 PM.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Donovan playing again tonight for Isles against Devils.

Comment

Working...
                                X