This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Things Denver XXXI

*****http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EFh8NPjgxNA/Td9KoMi8RrI/AAAAAAAAKm8/Pi-ZPflMgvM/s1600/80836_LAXticketSOEx.jpg******

DU Lacrosse Fan Schedule in Baltimore

Friday
    5-7 PM - DU Team Pep Rally with other teams @ Inner Harbor (Free Event)
    8-Midnight - Meet & Greet DU Fans @ Pratt Street Ale House

Saturday
    11-1 PM - Lunch @ TBD
    1-3:30 PM - Tailgate in DU Tent Lot H @ M&T Bank Stadium (BYOB)
    4 PM - DU vs. Virginia
    8 - Midnight - Postgame Party @ Pratt Street Ale House

Sunday
    Sightseeing Day

Monday
    11-1 PM - Lunch @ TBD
    1-3:30 PM - Tailgate in DU Tent Lot H @ M&T Bank Stadium (BYOB)
    4 PM - DU vs.Duke or Maryland :-)
    8 - Midnight - Postgame Party @ Pratt Street Ale House

Comment

DU landed in Baltimore yesterday.

DU Final 4 Preview

Last edited by du78; 05-27-2011, 12:38 PM.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

******* style="height: 390px; width: 640px">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tovV-iXKRBQ?version=3">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tovV-iXKRBQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390">
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          He's going to Michigan.
          ****!
          Name of player?
          I guess it could have been worse, could have been UND or CC!!
          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
          Tom Serratore

Comment

Name of player?
            I guess it could have been worse, could have been UND or CC!!

Ya I guess. Unless you are a Michigan State fan!!

Player he is referring to is Zach Hyman. He's the Canadian Junior Player of The Year
            Top player from Canada going into the NCAA this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
              Name of player?

Player he is referring to is Zach Hyman. He's the Canadian Junior Player of The Year
              Top player from Canada going into the NCAA this year.
              Oh well, I guess we can't get them all. Looks like we have a great class coming in, so I can't complain. Princeton must be bummed though, wow!!
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

Last man skating

AHL--Patrick Weircioch and the B-Sens begin play Saturday in Houston for the Calder Cup.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Congratulations to Virginia on its dominating win over the Pioneers. The Cavaliers grabbed an early lead, never looked back and left no doubt as to which was the better team in today's game.

Congratulations to the Pioneers on a wildly successful 15-3 season which included the school's first two wins in the NCAA tournament. It surely looks that under Bill Tierney's guidance the Denver program and future teams are headed in the right direction. I hope this season's success marks the beginning of the Pioneers being a prominent force annually on the national lacrosse scene.

It would be nice to see Coach Tierney continue to raise the calibre of teams Denver plays in its non-conference schedule. I'm confident if Denver could enter into some home and home contracts with powerhouse teams from the ACC that crowds would gather to watch such games in Peter Barton Stadium.

Job well done gentlemen and good luck to the squad in 2012!
                  sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                    Congratulations to Virginia on its dominating win over the Pioneers. The Cavaliers grabbed an early lead, never looked back and left no doubt as to which was the better team in today's game.

Congratulations to the Pioneers on a wildly successful 15-3 season which included the school's first two wins in the NCAA tournament. It surely looks that under Bill Tierney's guidance the Denver program and future teams are headed in the right direction. I hope this season's success marks the beginning of the Pioneers being a prominent force annually on the national lacrosse scene.

It would be nice to see Coach Tierney continue to raise the calibre of teams Denver plays in its non-conference schedule. I'm confident if Denver could enter into some home and home contracts with powerhouse teams from the ACC that crowds would gather to watch such games in Peter Barton Stadium.

The boys made us Proud. And the east coast media discovered DU.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post

Are there any Virgina fans on this website? Even one person?
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Last Man Skating

AHL--Patrick Weircioch and the B-Sens return to Binghamton with the series tied 1-1.
                        Games scheduled for 6/1, 6/3 and 6/4. (Return to Houston if necessary for the last two games.)
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Working hard is one way good players get even better.

Just got back from completing my customary, holiday two-hour workout at Coors Fitness Center. One way of telling who's serious about staying in shape or getting in better shape is to have a look at the people in a gym on a holiday. The people in the gym studiously went about their routines and didn't engage in much talking between sets. People were there to go about their business and concentrate on lifting, stretching and doing cardio work. It's quite easy to slip into a gym and go unnoticed when people are working hard. Arriving perhaps fifteen minutes after me, but still working hard as I finished my workout, was Drew Shore.

Working hard and anonymously on a holiday is one way good players get even better.
                          sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Mayfield, N. Shore and Larraza made the top 100--#'s 28, 57, and 91.
                            http://www.thescoutingreport.org/tsr...-skaters-2650/

All 3 were invited to the NHL combine which begins today.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              Mayfield, N. Shore and Larraza made the top 100--#'s 28, 57, and 91.
                              http://www.thescoutingreport.org/tsr...-skaters-2650/

All 3 were invited to the NHL combine which begins today.
                              The comments on DU's recruits and current player were pretty interesting...there seemed to be a level of disappointment about Shore and Mayfield in regards to their respective production while still regarding them pretty highly...hopefully they fulfill their potential while at DU.
                              Last edited by Chris; 05-31-2011, 12:19 AM.

Comment

I posted this in a comment on DG's blog, thought that I would paste it here, too:

It was a fun couple of weeks following the lacrosse program. It's starting to settle in that DU has another legit spectator sport besides hockey for students and alum to rally around. (No disrepect intended to our great skiing and gymnastics programs. But for various reasons, lacrosse seems better suited to the same kind of excitement that hockey generates.) We came up short in the final four, but just making it there was great for the lacrosse program and the school. I haven't seen many comments on the turnout at Crimson & Gold, but I can say firsthand that it was very impressive, to say the least. Packed to the gills with students, singing the fight song after every goal, people sporting the Boone "tattoos" that were handed out at the door, etc. It was pretty raucous at the start, and I can only imagine how it would have gotten if DU had a better result on the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X