X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXI

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    its just two or three of them that have their panties in a wad and refuse to grow up. Even their own fans are embarrassed by them.
    not!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
      Looking forward to hearing what George has to say. Three empty netters in less than a minute. Has to be one for the record book. Phillips gets his first goal. Tomorrow is the night we get a good look at what the heart of this team looks like.
      I think the boys were still reveling in last Saturday's win and came out without intensity. Give Tech credit for taking the ice charged up and ready to play. Tonight we will see whether the Pios will play with heart.

Jussi played well and Ty Loney got his first point.
      Last edited by vizoroo; 10-29-2011, 10:29 AM.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Oh sh*t, it wasn't a bad dream.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
          Oh sh*t, it wasn't a bad dream.
          Ha ha. Tech was motivated or sumthin'! What a long trip to get your butt kicked like that.

I hope to get decent news on Murray, but I fear (I'm totally and completely guessing here) that he could be out for a month. Like the rest of the DU fans, I'm very thankful that we signed the Finn.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
            Ha ha. Tech was motivated or sumthin'! What a long trip to get your butt kicked like that.

I hope to get decent news on Murray, but I fear (I'm totally and completely guessing here) that he could be out for a month. Like the rest of the DU fans, I'm very thankful that we signed the Finn.
            He was out dressed for warmups, I don't think it will be that bad. Sad to see the last conference series against you guys up in Houghton... But I'm glad to see we left you with a bad taste in your mouth for the long trip back. Good luck with the rest of the year... perhaps at the end of the year this types of wins actually matter for a Tech PWR rating
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Let me guess... Is DU sucking for Luck too?
              Colorado College Tigers

Comment

The boys played better last night, but still have a way to go. Kudos to the staff for finding the Finn.
                Now we take on the National Champs at Magness. Will need all hands on deck for this one.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  The boys played better last night, but still have a way to go. Kudos to the staff for finding the Finn.
                  Now we take on the National Champs at Magness. Will need all hands on deck for this one.
                  Yeah, the phabulous phinn was the primary reason we got one phucking point this weekend. One is better than none, of course, but DU basically got whipped. I'm through talkng nice to the Tech (fill in the blanks) but they appear to be massively improved. On the other hand, DU appears to be underperforming and I have no idea why. Apparantly Gwoz doesn't either, but he's hot about it. One more step down the ladder and Salazar's handing out towels and jocks.
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 10-30-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Wow...didn't even notice until now that I'm over 5,000 posts. I'm getting old!
                    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                    www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Yeah, the phabulous phinn was the primary reason we got one phucking point this weekend. One is better than none, of course, but DU basically got whipped. I'm through talkng nice to the Tech (fill in the blanks) but they appear to be massively improved. On the other hand, DU appears to be underperforming and I have no idea why. Apparantly Gwoz doesn't either, but he's hot about it. One more step down the ladder and Salazar's handing out towels and jocks.
                      Salazar's attitude, approach, preparation or whatever must annoy Gwoz. Remember after becoming the Goal Czar as a freshman, he played in less than half the games as a soph. He's been hot and cold this year. Next week hopefully Beau will be back and Chris Knowlton may be out of the dog house. Luke may get a shot at watching from the press box.
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

No need to worry yet.

Even when DU was getting throttled 7-1 you could still see a clear talent edge. And there are lots of potential moves Gwozdecky can make to shake things up.

As expected the coaches made lots of line changes on Saturday & Bacher made mention of many of upperclassmen in the doghouse, not just Salazar. The Finn brings as edge, so he'll be ready to roll if Adam falters.

It takes a different mentality to win on the road in the WCHA. You make things extra tough when you lose on Friday night, because the opponent can play for a tie and feel they the punked you if they nab 3 points. DU got punked this weekend, no question.

Expect to see a spirited week of practice for the boyz. Lots o' skating.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          Salazar's attitude, approach, preparation or whatever must annoy Gwoz. Remember after becoming the Goal Czar as a freshman, he played in less than half the games as a soph. He's been hot and cold this year. Next week hopefully Beau will be back and Chris Knowlton may be out of the dog house. Luke may get a shot at watching from the press box.
                          Okay, THEN he passes out towels and jocks.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                            No need to worry yet.

Even when DU was getting throttled 7-1 you could still see a clear talent edge. And there are lots of potential moves Gwozdecky can make to shake things up.

As expected the coaches made lots of line changes on Saturday & Bacher made mention of many of upperclassmen in the doghouse, not just Salazar. The Finn brings as edge, so he'll be ready to roll if Adam falters.

It takes a different mentality to win on the road in the WCHA. You make things extra tough when you lose on Friday night, because the opponent can play for a tie and feel they the punked you if they nab 3 points. DU got punked this weekend, no question.

Expect to see a spirited week of practice for the boyz. Lots o' skating.
                            And lots o' moving feet.

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                              Wow...didn't even notice until now that I'm over 5,000 posts. I'm getting old!
                              I went over 10K recently and celebrated by buying myself a new walker.

Comment

I went over 10K recently and celebrated by buying myself a new walker.
                                I thought you got a new ice machine

DU drops from #5 to #8 in INCH Power Rankings.
                                Last edited by du78; 10-31-2011, 08:40 AM.
                                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Working...
                                X