Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the 7th member of the Big Ten Hockey Conference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who will be the 7th member of the Big Ten Hockey Conference?

I think Mercyhurst is a lock for the 7th member of the Little Six
    Bob is making me concerned
    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
      I believe that the league will work out a crafty way to add Notre Dame as an Associate member of the Big Ten Hockey Conference. Does the NBC contract only deal with Football or all sports? Also just heard that the city of Evaston is building a brand new ice rink so you could see D1 hockey at Northwestern real soon.
      Link?
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
        great comment from the troll who has most of his posts in his most hated team's thread...keep them coming happy!
        But I am not hypocritical about it. In fact I probably know more about the sue team's history than most sue fans, all the better to talk about fun stuff, like und's 6 chokes in a row at the FF.
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

I believe that the league will work out a crafty way to add Notre Dame as an Associate member of the Big Ten Hockey Conference. Does the NBC contract only deal with Football or all sports? Also just heard that the city of Evaston is building a brand new ice rink so you could see D1 hockey at Northwestern real soon.
          They're not taking Notre Dame for hockey only while the Irish play everything else but football with the Big East.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Could it be Barry Melroe?
            Bob is making me concerned
            I am the voice of reason

Comment

And we should believe you know this despite not knowing that Notre Dame is a member of the Big East in everything but football and hockey...why?

Comment

Texas.

Laugh if you want, but it's just as likely as anyone else. The current economic and political climates just won't allow it at a public school, unless there's a Terry Pegula knockoff waiting to pay for the whole thing. I'd never heard of Pegula before last August, so you never know I guess...

It took from 1997 (UNO) until 2010 (PSU) to see a new major-conference program. I'm not sure why so many think a bunch more are imminent.
                Penn State: Annoying everyone in college hockey since September 17, 2010.
                1984, 1990, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003 ACHA National Champions

Thank You Terry: A Penn State Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Scally Lama View Post
                  Texas.

Laugh if you want, but it's just as likely as anyone else. The current economic and political climates just won't allow it at a public school, unless there's a Terry Pegula knockoff waiting to pay for the whole thing. I'd never heard of Pegula before last August, so you never know I guess...

It took from 1997 (UNO) until 2010 (PSU) to see a new major-conference program. I'm not sure why so many think a bunch more are imminent.
                  While it may be tough for public schools in general alot of the major schools athletic departments have never been richer and are only going to get richer with new TV contracts. If one of the major schools has a decent club team and/or a couple of rich alumni and maybe a nearby rink available it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that they could start up a program. The recent national uptick in interest in hockey also helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Scally Lama View Post
                    Texas.

Well, they're one of the few Bigtyme BCS schools that I could see the BTHC adding as an associate member for hockey. Again, even they would need a donor that can write ten figures checks to pull it off, but they would have enough pull to be an additional value to the BTHC. Maybe some of the PAC 12 schools as well perhaps. They probaly wouldn't mind adding adding an SEC school, but I could see college hockey as a whole to lean on them to not join the BTHC, but maybe the CCHA to hopefully help Huntsville out.

Either way though, there's no way Norte Dame comes in without bring in their football and other sports. Just too much bad blood between them for ND to get a sweetheart deal just for their hockey team.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Michigan goes D-1 in lacrosse. Is this the start of the Big Ten lacrosse conference. They have air time to fill.
                      Cubbies 4 ever

Comment

Originally posted by peanut View Post
                        Michigan goes D-1 in lacrosse. Is this the start of the Big Ten lacrosse conference. They have air time to fill.
                        Ugh I hope not. What a terrible sport.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          Ugh I hope not. What a terrible sport.
                          As currently practiced by a number of national power schools, absolutely! If you're talking about the way lax should be played with 20 total goals, then no.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            As currently practiced by a number of national power schools, absolutely! If you're talking about the way lax should be played with 20 total goals, then no.
                            I mean I don't find it to be in any way entertaining to watch. I'd rather watch paint dry or grass grow. Its the same way I feel about pro-basketball.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I agree with JF, lacrosse is a horrible sport. I hate it almost as much as soccer.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                I mean I don't find it to be in any way entertaining to watch. I'd rather watch paint dry or grass grow. Its the same way I feel about pro-basketball.
                                LAX reminds me more of basketball then any other sport.
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X