Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conference Realignment needed for 2012-13 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• davyd83
    replied
    Re: Conference Realignment needed for 2012-13 season?

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
    Really? Alaska is a flight for EVERYONE, so ignore them for this discussion. So, of the remaining 7, 3 are within a day's travel - in other words, nearly half.

And those same 3 schools are currently making trips to the UP at roughly 9-12 hours - right on the edge of "OMFG that's too far to even consider adding to the league" according to you. Right?

This whole argument is getting old. Please make note of this post (and the follow-up discussion) before talking about travel and costs re: UAH...

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5136958
    Moose, Miami and Notre Dame make their trip to NMU a two day journey. Ohio State also does the same in the current configuration. Bowling Green has been known to make it a partial second day as well. The bottom line is that only Miami can make the trip to Huntsville within a standard day's travel. I'm far from opposed to Huntsville joining the CCHA. It's a great hockey town. The arena is a good place to see a game. Throw in a trip to Dreamland BBQ and my friends from my Birmingham hockey days coming up for the series, and I would love to see Huntsville in the league, and I'm all for Huntsville's inclusion. But the reality is that nearly all CCHA teams voted against accepting Huntsville due to the travel involved. What I would like to see happen here and what the reality are two vastly different things.
    Last edited by davyd83; 05-18-2011, 01:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Really? Here are the mileages: NMU 933 (18 1/2 hrs), LSSU 932 (18 1/2 hrs), Ferris 744 (16 hrs), Western Mich 640 (13 1/2), Bowling Green 564 (11), Notre Dame 541 (11), Miami 414 (8). Now, if you've ever been on one of these trips on the bus, you know that teams very rarely will spend more than 9 hours in a day in transit. So only Miami falls under that number and Bowling Green and Notre Dame are a stretch there. So yes, second day travel or flying are pretty much the only options for all but 3 of the CCHA schools which will remain.
    Really? Alaska is a flight for EVERYONE, so ignore them for this discussion. So, of the remaining 7, 3 are within a day's travel - in other words, nearly half.

And those same 3 schools are currently making trips to the UP at roughly 9-12 hours - right on the edge of "OMFG that's too far to even consider adding to the league" according to you. Right?

This whole argument is getting old. Please make note of this post (and the follow-up discussion) before talking about travel and costs re: UAH...

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5136958

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

Really? Here are the mileages: NMU 933 (18 1/2 hrs), LSSU 932 (18 1/2 hrs), Ferris 744 (16 hrs), Western Mich 640 (13 1/2), Bowling Green 564 (11), Notre Dame 541 (11), Miami 414 (8). Now, if you've ever been on one of these trips on the bus, you know that teams very rarely will spend more than 9 hours in a day in transit. So only Miami falls under that number and Bowling Green and Notre Dame are a stretch there. So yes, second day travel or flying are pretty much the only options for all but 3 of the CCHA schools which will remain.

Leave a comment:

• fangers
    replied

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    You won't see both Alaska schools in the same conference. Tech has no interest in moving to the CCHA and the CCHA membership is not likely to change their mind with Huntsville due to travel concerns, since it's either a flight or a second day bus trip for nearly all members.
    That's a little inaccurate - it will be for some (NMU, LSSU, Alaska), but not "nearly all". And it looks like LSSU has agreed to a home/home deal for the next two seasons, so they are willing to make the trip.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
    With the Big Ten Conference rapidly approaching, will their be a major conference realignment in the CCHA and WCHA?

I see the possibility of the CCHA looking like this:

Notre Dame
    Miami
    W. Michigan
    Ferris State
    Northern Michigan
    Lake Superior
    Bowling Green
    Alabama Huntsville
    Michigan Tech

WCHA

North Dakota
    U. Nebraska Omaha
    Denver
    U Minn Duluth
    Col. College
    St. Cloud
    Bemidji
    Minn. State
    Alaska Fairbanks
    Alaska Anchorage
    You won't see both Alaska schools in the same conference. Tech has no interest in moving to the CCHA and the CCHA membership is not likely to change their mind with Huntsville due to travel concerns, since it's either a flight or a second day bus trip for nearly all members.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Sorry, Red Cloud, but it must be done...

*****http://lolpics.se/pics/482.jpg******

Leave a comment:

• cooperalls
    started a topic Conference Realignment needed for 2012-13 season?

Conference Realignment needed for 2012-13 season?

With the Big Ten Conference rapidly approaching, will their be a major conference realignment in the CCHA and WCHA?

I see the possibility of the CCHA looking like this:

Notre Dame
    Miami
    W. Michigan
    Ferris State
    Northern Michigan
    Lake Superior
    Bowling Green
    Alabama Huntsville
    Michigan Tech

WCHA

North Dakota