• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lakersparty
    replied
    Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

*****http://eupnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/MSUvLSSU-1912.jpg******

Even though I went to MSU, as somebody who grew up in Sault Ste. Marie, this picture makes me smile. I love seeing the Lakers atop the league again and seeing that they are wearing the championship-era jerseys again. Keep it up, Lakers!

Leave a comment:

• peten16
    replied

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
    I did see this article regarding a coaches show: http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...idelakerhockey

Sounds like a podcast will be available on Thursdays.
    Pretty neat, pretty neat.

Leave a comment:

• Flem Of The North
    replied

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
    I did see this article regarding a coaches show: http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h...idelakerhockey

That is great news and thanks for sharing that Laker dude. It will be very good to hear Paul involved once again with Laker hockey. Does he work for the college radio station now? I enjoyed his youth and energy when he was doing the broadcasts and hope he is doing well.

Leave a comment:

• Laker Dude
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PerkyforPrez
    replied

Thanks Bill

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about Marble ? He is not listed on the North Stars roster.
    He's playing for Humboldt in the SJHL.

Leave a comment:

• PerkyforPrez
    replied

Has anyone heard anything about Marble ? He is not listed on the North Stars roster.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

Congrats to Andrew Perrault for being named CCHA Defenseman of the week.

Flem- If the Lakers keep playing like this then i doubt there will be any reason to question the coaching.

Davyd- How come the old stations owners had no problems with streaming or podcasts ? Why is it the new station tells the listeners that it will be streamed live and a podcast posted on the website a day or so after the Laker hockey show and neither are true ? Why will the Lakers never be allowed admittance into the WCAA ?
    You would have to ask the new station owners that question. I simply made a suggestion that might give them a little incentive to get it done. Chances are pretty good that they aren't making any money on the production, and if the ridiculous carnage from when they took over the stations is any indication, they are probably pinching pennies. They pretty much did the same thing when they took over Northern Star Broadcasting (94.1 The Bear and Big country WJPD 92.3) in Marquette, leaving only a skeleton staff.

Leave a comment:

• PerkyforPrez
    replied

Congrats to Andrew Perrault for being named CCHA Defenseman of the week.

Flem- If the Lakers keep playing like this then i doubt there will be any reason to question the coaching.

Davyd- How come the old stations owners had no problems with streaming or podcasts ? Why is it the new station tells the listeners that it will be streamed live and a podcast posted on the website a day or so after the Laker hockey show and neither are true ? Why will the Lakers never be allowed admittance into the WCHA ?
    Last edited by PerkyforPrez; 10-19-2011, 08:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

Originally posted by Flem Of The North View Post
    I think my 16 hour drive has you beat. The whole thing is bush league at best, especially for a Division 1 hockey program. I hope they get their act straight and fix these issues at Radio Soo 1400.

I am glad the Lakers are 4-0 and off to a great start. I have always been a big supporter of Coach Roque and it would seem that things are starting to take off. Don't hear the detractors or crazy wife of former coaches asking for his resignation this year.

Go Lakers
    Maybe you could get a sponsor to underwrite the costs of the podcast and online broadcast.

Leave a comment:

• Flem Of The North
    replied

Your welcome and i am not saying that BC is perfect but he calls a great game and he lets you get into the flow of the game. I live 50 miles from town and 1400 does not reach me for the Laker Hockey show and with the price of gas i refuse to drive to town just for it. I make the trip two times a weekend for the home games so the least the station can do is be compitant and stream it or at the very least post a complete podcast of the show Tuesday morning. Thats not a lot to ask for.
    I think my 16 hour drive has you beat. The whole thing is bush league at best, especially for a Division 1 hockey program. I hope they get their act straight and fix these issues at Radio Soo 1400.

I am glad the Lakers are 4-0 and off to a great start. I have always been a big supporter of Coach Roque and it would seem that things are starting to take off. Don't hear the detractors or crazy wife of former coaches asking for his resignation this year.

Go Lakers

Leave a comment:

• PerkyforPrez
    replied

Your welcome and i am not saying that BC is perfect but he calls a great game and he lets you get into the flow of the game. I live 50 miles from town and 1400 does not reach me for the Laker Hockey show and with the price of gas i refuse to drive to town just for it. I make the trip two times a weekend for the home games so the least the station can do is be compitant and stream it or at the very least post a complete podcast of the show Tuesday morning. Thats not a lot to ask for.

Leave a comment:

• Flem Of The North
    replied

Email the university and let them know how you are trying to follow and support the team but the radio station really makes that hard sinse you live out of town. The radio station has no compition at all so i hardly think they take complaints seriouse at all. Who knows maybe they will lean on the radio stations to adress the quality or lack of quality of their streams and not posting podcast.

Bill Crawford does a great job and if the Lakers are not playing well i have no problem with him saying that on his brodcast. I took him for granted until he was gone for the start of last year and i was very happy to have him back in the booth when the station was sold. The other bull that took place because of the sale of the stations was heartless and in my oppinion counter productive. The people that were given their walking papers had no problem with streaming or posting podcast of shows heck you could set your watch bye them putting the podcast of shows up. Bill calls a great game and he makes it easy for you to follow the flow of the game unlike his replacement at the beginning of last year.

Back to hockey it looks like it is going to be a fun year watching the Lakers play and it should help with their home crowds attendance.

Bill, I hope you can make it this weekend.
    I didn't realize there wasn't any competition as far as other radio stations. Thanks for the information. As someone who loves Laker hockey and donates to the program, all I want is the ability to be able to follow it from a far. I don't think that is too much to ask, even for a station without competitors and with Crawford and his rambling and know-it-all persona.

Go Lakers!

Leave a comment:

• PerkyforPrez
    replied

Email the university and let them know how you are trying to follow and support the team but the radio station really makes that hard sinse you live out of town. The radio station has no compition at all so i hardly think they take complaints seriouse at all. Who knows maybe they will lean on the radio stations to adress the quality or lack of quality of their streams and not posting podcast.

Bill Crawford does a great job and if the Lakers are not playing well i have no problem with him saying that on his brodcast. I took him for granted until he was gone for the start of last year and i was very happy to have him back in the booth when the station was sold. The other bull that took place because of the sale of the stations was heartless and in my oppinion counter productive. The people that were given their walking papers had no problem with streaming or posting podcast of shows heck you could set your watch bye them putting the podcast of shows up. Bill calls a great game and he makes it easy for you to follow the flow of the game unlike his replacement at the beginning of last year.

Back to hockey it looks like it is going to be a fun year watching the Lakers play and it should help with their home crowds attendance.

Bill, I hope you can make it this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Lakerblue
    replied

Number 19 in the Nation.

Its baby steps . . . but I'll take it as opposed to not being ranked at all.

Not sure how the heck Tech doesn't break the Top 20. NMU is up there. Ferris, too, at 4-0.

So my little dream conference had a darned good weekend. Maybe its too much to expect that to continue. But it is sure nice to see the UP schools, Ferris, and Alaska schools doing well.

And the crowd Saturday night was great!

I think, perhaps, that the belief that better things are ahead, and the horrid CCHA is dying, has maybe got some people pumped up. Beating MSU will help. Now we need to keep it up. Tough defense, opportunistic scoring . . . the Lakers can win with that combo.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X