Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Originally posted by Hockeyintheblood View Post
    It is interesting that we are talking negative about the WCHA and LSSU making it into it. When two months ago we thought it was a long shot at best. Even when the best happens we seem to have this negative come over us. The other scenario was some mutated version of the CCHA yuck. This league will be an awesome showcase. As for recruiting the Alaska teams I do not see any negative on them. As for the other teams I actually think it will be positive to recruit. One of the teams will be getting a bid. They may not attract the blue chip first liners which teams like LSSU recieved few if any in any given recruiting season in the CCHA. On the other hand I think it increases their calling card for all the other blue and red chip players as they have a shot in this league of getting that bid. There is something to be said about being a big fish in a little pond. Not to mention the history of rivalaries this league could format. I also think this league has a good shot at creating a niche cable TV spotlight. I hope the league is looking into that.
    There may be a lot of truth in this assessment. With the restructuring of the leagues will come a new stratification of the teams. The teams which become dominant in each league ( the new WCHA included) will likely acheive elite status, and be competitive across league boundries. Likewise, the teams that sink consistantly to the bottom of the standings will demonstrate the opposite. I think it's possible the teams in the top half of the future WCHA will generally be stronger than the teams in the bottom half of the NCHC. No one wants to play for, or coach, a perennial loser, regardless of the cache of the league. The great thing about the new WCHA is that every team, and fanbase, thinks their team will be able to succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
      So the Lakers are already exceeding your expectations ...which means we can expect to see much less of your moaning and groaning, Chicken Little scenarios, right?

Because, really, I'm having a difficult time differentiating between you and Truth Squad anymore.

You had to go ahead and mention that name, didn't you. I hope your not repeating it and twirling around in front of a mirror. Get ready for a return of the two Truths as well as the double B, with the always enthralling online "conversations" with themselves.

......Is it wrong to say that now that I think about it I sorta miss the little fellas.
      Last edited by DB Cooper; 09-30-2011, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DB Cooper View Post

......Is it wrong to say that now that I think about it I sorta miss the little fellas.
        Very wrong. Very, very wrong.

Comment

Notre Dame and RPI go to hockey East is my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
            Mine too. Then RIT to the ECAC to take RPI's spot in the ECAC and then either Bowling Green or UAH to take RIT's spot in Atlantic hockey.

Does anyone know if we will get Bill Crawford or the UAH crew for this weekend's radio broadcasts?
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

The Lakers are picked second to last in the pre-season polls...who cares? Pre-season polls are basically meaningless, and will in no way determine how the season will turn out. We've all watched enough college hockey to know that season after season we see teams come out of nowhere and have great seasons, as well as having the top teams falter. This is the time of year when every team and it's fans are optimistic. What I like about the Lakers is the strong somphomore class. They could be the deciding factor on how our season pans out.

As for the new WCHA in a few years, I'm still very happy with the Lakers being a part of the most historic conference on college hockey. It should produce great hockey and great rivalries.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post

Does anyone know if we will get Bill Crawford or the UAH crew for this weekend's radio broadcasts?
                Bill will be there for the games.

Comment

Anyone headed for Huntsville, make sure to enjoy some Dreamland BBQ!
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                    What would be the motivation for these eastern teams to switch conferences? I understand that Notre Dame's main fanbase outside of Chicago is New York, but why would RPI want to leave the ECAC? Does RIT want to add scholarships? Have there been any announcements from the universities in this regard?

Comment

Free tickets at the Von Braun Center for tomorrow's game. Hopefully there will be a nice crowd to get the season started on an exciting note.

but......the Von Braun Center........really? I realize his connection to NASA in Huntsville and all that nice post war stuff, but do you really name your home rink after a card carrying World War II Nazi?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ9HrZq7Ro

Just trying to stir the pot a bit before the game tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogerfan View Post
                        Free tickets at the Von Braun Center for tomorrow's game. Hopefully there will be a nice crowd to get the season started on an exciting note.

but......the Von Braun Center........really? I realize his connection to NASA in Huntsville and all that nice post war stuff, but do you really name your home rink after a card carrying World War II Nazi?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJ9HrZq7Ro

Just trying to stir the pot a bit before the game tomorrow.
                        History references are all good

Comment

Finally game day. Lets go Lakers !!!

Thanks Neil for the good news.
                          Last edited by PerkyforPrez; 10-01-2011, 10:33 AM.
                          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                            Finally game day. Leats go Lakers !!!

Thanks Neil for the good news.
                            You beat me by a couple of minutes. Can't wait for puck drop this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                              You beat me by a couple of minutes. Can't wait for puck drop this evening.

Same here Laker Dude same here.
                              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Since Bill Crawford will be there, does anybody know where to get radio broadcasts ?

Comment

Working...
                                X