LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

However things ultimately shake out, the key is that all three UP teams are in the same conference. There's no reason that some combination of two out of three can't be in the top half of the new WCHA most years.

Comment

It is interesting that we are talking negative about the WCHA and LSSU making it into it. When two months ago we thought it was a long shot at best. Even when the best happens we seem to have this negative come over us. The other scenario was some mutated version of the CCHA yuck. This league will be an awesome showcase. As for recruiting the Alaska teams I do not see any negative on them. As for the other teams I actually think it will be positive to recruit. One of the teams will be getting a bid. They may not attract the blue chip first liners which teams like LSSU recieved few if any in any given recruiting season in the CCHA. On the other hand I think it increases their calling card for all the other blue and red chip players as they have a shot in this league of getting that bid. There is something to be said about being a big fish in a little pond. Not to mention the history of rivalaries this league could format. I also think this league has a good shot at creating a niche cable TV spotlight. I hope the league is looking into that.

Comment

Anyone making the trip to Huntsville?

Comment

What a shock . Lake State has been picked to finish 10th in the coaches poll and media poll. Also,if Notre Dame does go to the NCHC,look for another team to be pulled out of the WCHA . My guess is it would be Bemidji.

Do the Lakers have that little talent that 10th place is their best hope ?

Comment

Well folks....with the preseason polls released and games beginning this weekend...it is time for my self imposed moratorium from the board. 10th place predictions must be seen as discouraging.

We will continue to post project updates on the norriscenterproject.com website, but I will keep my grumblings and rants to my own home, and the 3 dogs that make up my post ID I plan on many trips to the Soo to watch the Lakers, esp early in the season. Bemidji, MSU, and even BGSU will tell the tale of where this team is heading........

Good Luck to the Lakers, I will be there to cheer you on........see everyone here in the spring!

It has been an interesting summer, eh?
            Last edited by 3dognight; 09-28-2011, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
              What a shock . Lake State has been picked to finish 10th in the coaches poll and media poll. Also,if Notre Dame does go to the NCHC,look for another team to be pulled out of the WCHA . My guess is it would be Bemidji.

I think goaltending is going to put the Lakers in the top half this season. The tonic for lack of goalscoring is a tough defense and good goaltending. Kapalka is going to slam the door many, many times this season.

I don't think BSU is heading to the NCHC. If the NCHC wants to poach an additional team, I think they would look at BGSU first. I am curious if that is what BGSU is REALLY plotting. Or perhaps they look at Air Force. I know Air Force is happy with the AHA because of the scholarship issues and the level of play, adn they paly Army -- but USAFA has a nice rink, is in Colorado, and is a stable, well funded program. And I bet they would be very happy to play road games closer to home in Denver and CC, as well as shorter flights to Omaha and UND. And the prestige level increase would not be bad either. I bet Denver and CC would LOVE to have Air Force in the NCHC -- they too get shorter road trips, a local team, and a fairly solid national brand. The problem would be Air Force's ability to compete.

Comment

The coaches poll barely has Lake State above Bowling Green.

Comment

The coaches poll barely has Lake State above Bowling Green.
                  Are you surprised? If so, why?

Comment

Actually,I thought Bowling Green would be picked 10th and lakers 11th .

Comment

It's looking like Notre Dame will join Hockey East with RPI. I sure hope the NCHC doesn't try and poach Bemidji and MSU-M. I doubt it will happen but stranger things have happened.

Also I'm not one bit surprised the Lakers were picked 10th. If Kapalka gets injured and is out for a while, the Lakers might be screwed and very well could finish dead last. Hope the Lakers prove me and everyone else wrong.
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                        It's looking like Notre Dame will join Hockey East with RPI. I sure hope the NCHC doesn't try and poach Bemidji and MSU-M. I doubt it will happen but stranger things have happened.
                        The NCHC said today that Notre Dame is the only team they will consider going over 8 members for. How much of that interview was PR control is anyone's guess, but Ken Ralph seemed fairly candid.

Comment

Actually,I thought Bowling Green would be picked 10th and lakers 11th .
                          So the Lakers are already exceeding your expectations ...which means we can expect to see much less of your moaning and groaning, Chicken Little scenarios, right?

Because, really, I'm having a difficult time differentiating between you and Truth Squad anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
                            So the Lakers are already exceeding your expectations ...which means we can expect to see much less of your moaning and groaning, Chicken Little scenarios, right?

Because, really, I'm having a difficult time differentiating between you and Truth Squad anymore.
                            Confusing you was so simple . There goes another challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post

Also I'm not one bit surprised the Lakers were picked 10th. If Kapalka gets injured and is out for a while, the Lakers might be screwed and very well could finish dead last. Hope the Lakers prove me and everyone else wrong.
                              I am not really surprised either. It is going to be very tough to replace Schofield and Acton. Hopefully some of the freshmen can be productive right away.

Comment

LSSU has the talent and goaltending to earn a first round home playoff berth in the CCHA.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X