X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PerkyforPrez
    replied
    Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

It might help but i don't know last year my wife or I had to call most weeks to remind them to put the podcast of the show up. Bushleague is right. No compition to push them.

Leave a comment:

• Lakerchum
    replied

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
    I wonder who is in charge of updating their website as well. It still has last years links.
    Calling or emailing the station might help. I thought maybe it was my computer but obviously not. Bushleague at its best...

Leave a comment:

• PerkyforPrez
    replied

I wonder who is in charge of updating their website as well. It still has last years links.

Leave a comment:

• PerkyforPrez
    replied

No go for the radio show on line this week. One would think that the station would have had their **** together by now.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeyintheblood
    replied

Interesting that they only played with rostered players. I remember when I was in college we always allowed walk-ons, once in a while you would find someone but usually not. I always thought the main purpose of walk-ons was to keep the recruited players honest and for the team to really see how their recruiting process was working. I have known many players through the years that were walk-ons (in the true sense not the so called invited walk-ons) that made the team. Anyways I think it just shuts the door on another recruiting tool and incentive to the recruited players to do thier best. Also I believe it brings fairness to the term "I made the team" LOL oh yes this is hockey after all. Oh yes I am partial to walk-ons as I was one myself.

Leave a comment:

• RealLaker94
    replied

The Blue Team defeated White Team 3-2 in a shootout. In all honesty, no one really stood out for either side. Basically it's what you would expect from this team...low scoring and some really nice goal tending from all of the net minders. This game was different from the ones in the past, as they played with only the roster players just the three goalies who would switch sides once in awhile. The shootout was llllloooooonnnnnggggg because neither team could break the 2-2 tie. Power had a great move for one shootout goal, and Sckreli(sp?) had an awesome move, but Murdock made a phenomenal save and stoned him.

It was enjoyable enough to go to, though. They were giving away free pizza and popcorn toward the end, and always nice to get on the ice with the team and meet some of the guys.

I like that the home jerseys look like the traditional ones worn in the 80's and 90's with the stripe down the sleaves, but the road unis are a bit odd. The coloring is nice, but the 'Lakers' on the front is blue outlined in white, and really hard to read unless you already know what it says. Also, no anchors on the shoulders which kind of sucks.
    Last edited by RealLaker94; 10-09-2011, 11:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Laker54
    replied

Originally posted by RealLaker94 View Post
    The kids and I will be heading to the Blue/White game tonight for sure, and will being keeping an eye on the rookies. Look forward to seeing what Ciotti does tomarrow.
    I am unable to make it tonight so I will be looking forward to hearing what folks think of the new Freshmen. See you there next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• PerkyforPrez
    replied

Can't wait to get my first look at the freshmen myself.

Leave a comment:

• RealLaker94
    replied

Lots of good college hockey games this weekend. I find myself rooting for the future WCHA teams more than the CCHA teams, and was suprised to see Bemijdi beat Miami. The kids and I will be heading to the Blue/White game tonight for sure, and will being keeping an eye on the rookies. Look forward to seeing what Ciotti does tomarrow.

Leave a comment:

• Laker Dude
    replied

I saw that Derek Smith is listed on the Calgary Flames roster to start the season.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeyintheblood
    replied

Oh shoot almost forgot good show go Lakers.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeyintheblood
    replied

I believe Murdock stayed behind for the non-dress skate on Friday. I heard there was no non-dress on Sat. though some of the players were at the rink (some confusion). I have seen the goalies practice now and I have to say that there is a large gap between #1 and #2/#3 who appear to be even. Murdock and another goalie were out on Friday and they seem even but then again maybe he wasn't trying. I remember in the old days many teams had open try-outs. I was an old walk-on. Just wondering?

Leave a comment:

• rightwing
    replied

Well done!

Leave a comment:

• LSSULaker889294
    replied

It's official, Bowling Green to the WCHA. I am glad to see to see it happen. Now hopefully Moorhead will join as well and make it a 10 team league.

I guess the AHA 4 didn't want to leave Atlantic Hockey. I don't blame them. The CCHA is dead.

Leave a comment:

• RealLaker94
    replied

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    That was pretty much a given going into the season, but it's generally a good idea to give your backup goalie(s) some playing time and typically non-conference games is where that is done. I'm not questioning Kapalka playing most of the games, but I think it's good to give your other goalie(s) some ice time. If you run into injury/illness problems with your #1 goalie, it's nice if your backup has some experience at this level.

On another note, does anyone know if there was a Laker Hockey Show this evening? The Internet stream for the show was not working in any event.
    I agree, Bill. Maybe Roque just doesn't have enough confidence in his team, and will be leaning on KK hard this season. I would have liked to see Ravn in net, and see what he could do, though, as well as Murdock. This program does need wins, though, and a loss to UAH wouldn't start the season on a very good note.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X