Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
    I think they had it last weekend because they could not get an exhibition game scheduled. They did not want to go 2 weeks without playing a game between the UAH series and the series against MSU this weekend. The blue/white game was the next best thing to playing an exhibition game.
    Plus the UAH series was unusually early. They normally don't play any non-exhibition games that early in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
      There was a show, not sure why it wasn't streamed.
      I wonder if they'll make a podcast of it available?

Comment

Lakers are tied for 1st in the nation.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/rpi/d-i-men/

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          I wonder why they didn't have the blue/white game the weekend before the UAH series? They always had the blue/white game BEFORE the season started.
          I don't think they can do that before Oct. 1

The Lakers had a benefit dinner at the Elk's club on Monday, so the team was there from 4-7. Not sure what time the Laker Show would start. If Roque did it, he might have had to leave early. We were there early ourselves, and he was there, too.
          Last edited by RealLaker94; 10-12-2011, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Yeah and Michigan is 50th I don't think so. LOL falling down and pass me a Bud.

Comment

I heard on Rock 101 today that the stations streamer computer is broken and they are hoping to have the new one up and running bye this weekend. I think he said it handles the streaming for all the stations so you out of towners keep your fingers crossed.
              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                I heard on Rock 101 today that the stations streamer computer is broken and they are hoping to have the new one up and running bye this weekend. I think he said it handles the streaming for all the stations so you out of towners keep your fingers crossed.
                I hope so, otherwise we'll have to listen to the MSU feed of the games instead of Bill Crawford.

Comment

Fatal accident on the bridge today. Game time pushed back until 8:05
                  Last edited by RealLaker94; 10-14-2011, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RealLaker94 View Post
                    Fatal accident on the International Bridge today. Game time pushed back until 8:05
                    It was on the Mackinac Bridge. Caused a huge backup. Officials got caught in it and are running late, thus the delay in the start time.

Comment

While we wait, if you get CBS Sports Network, Denver at BC is on at 7:30.

Comment

What is the link to listen to the game? Do I go to the LSSU.edu site or somewhere else? Thanks

Comment

Here's a link. Click on Listen Live at the right. Pre-game show should be on around 7:35.

http://www.yesfm.net/page.php?page_id=28

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            Here's a link. Click on Listen Live at the right. Pre-game show should be on around 7:35.

http://www.yesfm.net/page.php?page_id=28
                            They might think about updating the site from time to time and getting a better connection.

Anyone know what happened to Mike Elles? At least we didn't have to hear as much Crawford with him on there for the home games with him on there, plus he knew his stuff.

Comment

Great 5-4 win for the Lakers tonight. The officials didn't seem to want LSSU to win this game, but the Lakers persevered. Kyle Jean with the hat trick....haven't seen one of those in a few years.

Comment

Really good win by the Lakers tonight with a 5-4 win. They were battling more than Michigan State all game. Here are my thoughts on the game:

-I'm now coining the phrase 'Jean the Machine'. That kid was dominate tonight.

-The officiating is the sole reason I don't care if we never play these Big 10 schools again. It was a complete joke tonight. The only call against MSU was a very obvious checking from behind. Lakers had a great scoring chance, and the ref actually positioned himself in front of the Laker player. It's bad enough they never call interference, but to cause it? These guys must really love their old boss...

-Despite giving up four goals, KK was pretty solid.

-Lakers had some really great scoring chances throughout the game. If they can learn to finish their plays, they can really compete this year.

-Still a little sloppy in their own zone at times. They need to work the puck out better.

-Fun game to watch, though, and good to be back at the rink.

Comment

Working...
                                X