• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill
    replied
    Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Originally posted by RealLaker94 View Post
    Fatal accident on the International Bridge today. Game time pushed back until 8:05
    It was on the Mackinac Bridge. Caused a huge backup. Officials got caught in it and are running late, thus the delay in the start time.

Leave a comment:

• RealLaker94
    replied

Fatal accident on the bridge today. Game time pushed back until 8:05
    Last edited by RealLaker94; 10-14-2011, 09:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
    I heard on Rock 101 today that the stations streamer computer is broken and they are hoping to have the new one up and running bye this weekend. I think he said it handles the streaming for all the stations so you out of towners keep your fingers crossed.
    I hope so, otherwise we'll have to listen to the MSU feed of the games instead of Bill Crawford.

Leave a comment:

• PerkyforPrez
    replied

I heard on Rock 101 today that the stations streamer computer is broken and they are hoping to have the new one up and running bye this weekend. I think he said it handles the streaming for all the stations so you out of towners keep your fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeyintheblood
    replied

Yeah and Michigan is 50th I don't think so. LOL falling down and pass me a Bud.

Leave a comment:

• RealLaker94
    replied

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    I wonder why they didn't have the blue/white game the weekend before the UAH series? They always had the blue/white game BEFORE the season started.
    I don't think they can do that before Oct. 1

The Lakers had a benefit dinner at the Elk's club on Monday, so the team was there from 4-7. Not sure what time the Laker Show would start. If Roque did it, he might have had to leave early. We were there early ourselves, and he was there, too.
    Last edited by RealLaker94; 10-12-2011, 02:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DopeyBaker
    replied

Lakers are tied for 1st in the nation.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/rpi/d-i-men/

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
    There was a show, not sure why it wasn't streamed.
    I wonder if they'll make a podcast of it available?

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
    I think they had it last weekend because they could not get an exhibition game scheduled. They did not want to go 2 weeks without playing a game between the UAH series and the series against MSU this weekend. The blue/white game was the next best thing to playing an exhibition game.
    Plus the UAH series was unusually early. They normally don't play any non-exhibition games that early in the season.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Diamond
    replied

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Anyone know if the show was broadcast locally and just not streamed, or if there was no radio show period?
    There was a show, not sure why it wasn't streamed.

Leave a comment:

• Laker Dude
    replied

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    I wonder why they didn't have the blue/white game the weekend before the UAH series? They always had the blue/white game BEFORE the season started.
    I think they had it last weekend because they could not get an exhibition game scheduled. They did not want to go 2 weeks without playing a game between the UAH series and the series against MSU this weekend. The blue/white game was the next best thing to playing an exhibition game.

Leave a comment:

• LSSULaker889294
    replied

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
    Perhaps the oddity of actually playing 2 games before the Blue-White game contributed to no walk-ons/tryout players/etc in the scrimmage.

Leave a comment:

• DopeyBaker
    replied

Perhaps the oddity of actually playing 2 games before the Blue-White game contributed to no walk-ons/tryout players/etc in the scrimmage.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
    No go for the radio show on line this week. One would think that the station would have had their **** together by now.
    Anyone know if the show was broadcast locally and just not streamed, or if there was no radio show period?

Leave a comment:

• RealLaker94
    replied

Originally posted by Hockeyintheblood View Post
    Interesting that they only played with rostered players. I remember when I was in college we always allowed walk-ons, once in a while you would find someone but usually not. I always thought the main purpose of walk-ons was to keep the recruited players honest and for the team to really see how their recruiting process was working. I have known many players through the years that were walk-ons (in the true sense not the so called invited walk-ons) that made the team. Anyways I think it just shuts the door on another recruiting tool and incentive to the recruited players to do thier best. Also I believe it brings fairness to the term "I made the team" LOL oh yes this is hockey after all. Oh yes I am partial to walk-ons as I was one myself.
    I totally agree. During our try-outs, though we were basically told they were looking for players who could handle the practices fill-ins for the Blue/White game. There have been some very good walk-ons to this program in the past.
    The spagetti dinner with the Lakers was a good time. The players were great with the kids and the food was pretty good. Usually you don't leave these types of dinners feeling 'full', but we sure did.
    Last edited by RealLaker94; 10-11-2011, 01:45 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

Working...
X