Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Laker Hockey 2011-12

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    He indeed can be considered as a redshirt because he never played last year. NMU's Blake Cosgrove played as a freshman in 04-05. Didn't play in 05-06, was not injured and never "declared" at any point. But the fact that he never played allowed him 3 more seasons of eligibility. Basically you have five years to play four once you come on campus. Although there may be medical or other circumstances that extend it further.
    Davy,
    Does "redshirt" apply even in this case where Murdock initially played at Mankato for a season, went back to the USHL, and is now attending LSSU? Since two different schools are involved, that's why I didn't think the term redshirt applied. I'm aware of the five years to play four aspect of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      Davy,
      Does "redshirt" apply even in this case where Murdock initially played at Mankato for a season, went back to the USHL, and is now attending LSSU? Since two different schools are involved, that's why I didn't think the term redshirt applied. I'm aware of the five years to play four aspect of it.
      Being that he played first at Mankato, then went to the USHL, his clock started ticking once he played for Mankato, so he will have three years remaining. The USHL season was, in effect, his redshirt year. NMU Goalie Reid Ellingson did that. Played as a freshman, then played a year in Green Bay (USHL) and returned to NMU. I do believe the year Murdock spent in Lincoln last season counts for the transfer year. He should have three seasons of eligibility left. He is listed as sophomore status. Now, I could be wrong, but I believe that is how it will work.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

When looking at the schedule again, I noticed that October 8th is listed as the blue-gold game. Do you think that means they will be wearing the yellow jerseys again this season for home games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
          When looking at the schedule again, I noticed that October 8th is listed as the blue-gold game. Do you think that means they will be wearing the yellow jerseys again this season for home games?
          New Unis this year......no more Gold.
          Back to the traditional look I believe.

When is CCHA Media Day?
          Last edited by 3dognight; 09-12-2011, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Weren't the yellow jerseys a one season thing in memory of Bud Cooper?

INCH has a write up on Domenic Monardo:
            http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...08/az_monardo/
            Last edited by Bill; 09-12-2011, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Assuming they've started, has anyone been to any of the captain's practices yet? If so, how do the players look, especially some of the new guys?

Comment

Has anyone heard any update on the status of Radke, and his surgery?

Comment

Seems Bowling Green and Western are scared to death to make a decision unless Notre Dame does first .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                    Seems Bowling Green and Western are scared to death to make a decision unless Notre Dame does first .
                    Supposedly Notre Dame is going to make a decision in the next week and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                      Just why should BG and WMU care where ND goes?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        Supposedly Notre Dame is going to make a decision in the next week and a half.
                        Part of me wonders if Notre Dame is also waiting to see what happens with the other conference realignment stuff. The Big East is on shaky ground right now and it could be that Notre Dame will end up in a new conference in all other sports. Now if they stay in the Big East or end up in some other conference it wont make a difference to hockey. However, on the very very slight chance they get asked and agree to join the Big 10...well that would answer the hockey issue. Im still betting they end up in the NCHC at least for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                          Just why should BG and WMU care where ND goes?
                          Because Western wants to go wherever Notre Dame goes.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                            Has anyone heard any update on the status of Radke, and his surgery?
                            I didn't see him at the Blueliners picnic at Sherman Park last weekend, and didn't have a chance to ask any of the other guys about his status.

Comment

SCSU and WMU have received invites from the NCHC.
                              Last edited by Bill; 09-21-2011, 06:00 AM.

Comment

St Cloud is gone already from the WCHA and Western is gone and now you will probably see Bowling Green join the WCHA as they did not get an invite to join the new super league. What Notre Dame is holding out on is anyones guess .

Comment

Working...
                                X