Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2011 Offseason #2: Wondering If We'll Outdraw Women's Hoops This Year

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
    start your own ...forum.
    Irony.

Have you ever seen the Big Lebowski, Donny?
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Re: Maine 2011 Offseason #2: Wondering If We'll Outdraw Women's Hoops This Year

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
      I like Tim. He did a great job with Gus. Look at how much Abbott and Flynn have developed as an example.

I think we will have a better season than people expect. I may sound optomistic but I like our recruits coming in and I believe players will continue to develop.
      The Gus who had fewer points his senior season than he had as a junior?

Imagine what Jerry York would have done with a player of that caliber.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I think we will have a better season than people expect. I may sound optomistic but I like our recruits coming in and I believe players will continue to develop.
        So where will Maine finish in HE?
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

oK Ok I think we need more help up the middle. But I think we will still dow well. Maybe finish 4th or 5th so not bad.

Comment

oK Ok I think we need more help up the middle. But I think we will still dow well. Maybe finish 4th or 5th so not bad.
            4th is a stretch, 5th I could see if goaltending gets better over the summer, either way they don't make the NCAAs and thats all that matters at this point.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              The Gus who had fewer points his senior season than he had as a junior?

Imagine what Jerry York would have done with a player of that caliber.
              Nyquist played JUST 3 seasons @ Maine...left for Detroit/Grand Rapids after his Junior season.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Maine will finish 6th in Hockey East...lucky if they are a .500 team in Hockey East and overall record...no Home QF's or trip to Boston and with that NO NC$$'s either. Goaltending will be the sticking point from day one this season...they need a BIG upgrade in both netminders to go with a Blue Collar type team,grinding for goals and playing a tight Team game.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  If recent history is any indication and if bentley joined hockey east?
                  Behind bentley

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
                    Look, sad sacks, if you want to pound your chests by dissing women's sports then start your own unisex forum. I suspect I am interrupting your own gender trolling by suggesting women's sports are worthy of respect. Women's college b-ball probably out-draws and produces more revenue than men's college hockey. Get over it. Grow up.
                    Peter Rabbit would be wise to stay out of Mr McGregor's garden.

Or at least get a clue what this thread title is about before making an ass out of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                      It's gotta be hard to get one of them to give up a home game.Have an outdoor game inside? That would be a neat trick. Original, too.
                      Who cares if it's played outside?That gimmick has run its course.

My point is:if you're gonna have 4 State schools in the mix,play it somewhere outside of Boston where the possibility of actual interest exists,and format it as a tournament.Otherwise,there's no point in doing it in the first place.

I remember seeing Maine in Hartford years ago,playing Colgate,while UNH played WTH Can Remember U,and NOBODY showed up...(Maybe they should have moved that event outside,ya think?)

Comment

Originally posted by ma#1ne hky View Post
                        maine will finish 6th in hockey east...lucky if they are a .500 team in hockey east and overall record...no home qf's or trip to boston and with that no nc$$'s either. Goaltending will be the sticking point from day one this season...they need a big upgrade in both netminders to go with a blue collar type team,grinding for goals and playing a tight team game.
                        this
                        Originally posted by Hokydad
                        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

I still think we will do well and surprise a lot of people. We certainly get great fan support!!

Comment

I still think we will do well and surprise a lot of people.
                            But I think we will still dow well. Maybe finish 4th or 5th so not bad.
                            I think we will have a better season than people expect. I may sound optomistic ..
                            So... are you saying you think Maine will be ok next year and do well, surprise a lot of people ?
                            Originally posted by Hokydad
                            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Nyquist played JUST 3 seasons @ Maine...left for Detroit/Grand Rapids after his Junior season.
                              Whatever. His final season as opposed to the previous year.

Goaltending will be the sticking point from day one this season...they need a BIG upgrade in both netminders to go with a Blue Collar type team,grinding for goals and playing a tight Team game.
                              I don't think goaltending will be the major weakness so much as the defense. Goaltending will be ok, maybe a bit better than they were this past season, buit will be demoralized and victimized by repeated breakdowns in the defensive zone.
                              Last edited by rufus; 05-25-2011, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I still think we will do well and surprise a lot of people. We certainly get great fan support!!
                                You go, TIMMAY!!

Or is it Danny?

Comment

Working...
                                X