Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2011 Offseason #2: Wondering If We'll Outdraw Women's Hoops This Year

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Who cares? Maine won, who gets what star is the least of this teams worries. He played well, I think Diamond played better and he didn't get a star either
    Diamond was second star......just win baby.....

Comment

• Re: Maine 2011 Offseason #2: Wondering If We'll Outdraw Women's Hoops This Year

Originally posted by ski View Post
      Just wondering if any of you (old) Maine fans made the trip to the 2001 final four.

The reason I ask is me and a friend got an email that you guys released some unsold tickets a few day before the Frozen Four. We had already written any chance of going, but sure enough, we called and they sold us tickets. So day one we show up pick up our tickets and check out our seats. Front row on the glass in the Maine section. Had a blast with your fans as we all rooted for Maine over NH, and they cheered with us as we beat Michigan.

We then had to become enemies for the final game. That crazy 3rd period when you guys thought you had won it, and were giving us all kinds of crap, then the trying goal and OT. You had great fans and we had a lot of fun.

Anyway, just wondering if any of you remember the 2 Gopher fans in the front of your section.
      I remember the gopher fan on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        2002 frozen four not 01. Text book example of a home job
        I stand corrected. 2002
        Better dead than Red

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
          A GREAT TIME…FOMH and the Mangene family hosted a tailgate party on the north end of the football field prior to the game on Sunday with plenty of great food and cold beer. There was probably between 100-150 attendees in perfect weather.
          I agree. the Mangene family purchased all the food and were there cooking the burgers etc. Special thanks to them for hosting this event along with FOMH. It was a perfect day for it.

Comment

Congratulations to Brian Flynn for receiving Hockey East player of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
              Congratulations to Brian Flynn for receiving Hockey East player of the week.
              who needs #89
              Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                who needs #89
                Funny how "knowitall" was saying Flynn couldn't do it without Gus just a few days ago...5 points...even against an inferior opponent is still five points.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                  who needs #89
                  You couldn't get it done with him so... you probably could use #89... and a few other players of his caliber.

Honest question...Has Timmay and staff recruited a player of his caliber or potential to replace him?
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Some of y'all were covinced Flynn would be playing for the W-B Penguins by now, I remember getting some neg rep over it.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      You couldn't get it done with him so... you probably could use #89... and a few other players of his caliber.
                      It was a joke..obviously we could use nyquist..
                      Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                        Some of y'all were covinced Flynn would be playing for the W-B Penguins by now, I remember getting some neg rep over it.
                        He's a good player but he can't win by himself. If he gets an opening the shot is usually on net, he has a great release, its quick and accurate but he has to get open, that doesn't happen in a vacuum. Same with Spencer. Neither compares to Gustav
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

The Bears will need the second line to step up, so the opposition has to spread the coverage Beattie at center, with Shemmy and , IMHO, Mangene on the right wing would be a strong second line. Two with eyes for the net with one who has tremendous speed, would cause front end issues, and would help on backcheck, allowing better gap control for the D. Third line would rotate centers, leidermark and or Swaveley..Anthoine and Anderson on wings....Keep the frosh at 4th...talented and have good insights marty in the Cage....

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            He's a good player but he can't win by himself. If he gets an opening the shot is usually on net, he has a great release, its quick and accurate but he has to get open, that doesn't happen in a vacuum. Same with Spencer. Neither compares to Gustav
                            No body in the league compares to Gus. But Flynn's not bad for a Monarch

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Honest question...Has Timmay and staff recruited a player of his caliber or potential to replace him?
                              I have a feeling that TImmy and current staff were not the ones who recruited him in the first place.
                              At Standbrook's last banquet, he mentioned that he was bringing in a surprising Swede. No Swedes came the following year, so unless it was the goalie who did not pan out, then I assume Grant was talking about Nyquist.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                                I have a feeling that TImmy and current staff were not the ones who recruited him in the first place.
                                At Standbrook's last banquet, he mentioned that he was bringing in a surprising Swede. No Swedes came the following year, so unless it was the goalie who did not pan out, then I assume Grant was talking about Nyquist.
                                I think Kerluke got him. http://www.pressherald.com/sports/ma...010-03-10.html
                                Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Working...
                                X