This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BobF View Post
    One needs to read these stories a bit more carefully. All he said was he is keeping that freshmen line intact! That does not mean they are the second line! Shemansky was used on the first power play unit, he will be on the 2nd line, as will Beattie when he is healthy. I know nothing about this years team, but even knowing nothing, common sense, and the ability to read and understand one of Larry's articles would seem to indicate that. And yes one would think Cornell with an A on his sweater would get a larger vote of confidence.
    Thanks BobF upon. Subsequent read, I see I missed the nuance regarding the fab Frosh line. Cornell slight is a mystery, at least to me. Coincidence that the Tailgatr on Sunday is being sponsored in part by "the Mangene family"?

Comment

• Re: Maine 2011 Offseason #2: Wondering If We'll Outdraw Women's Hoops This Year

WABI has their broadcast schedule up on their website... appears to be a bit leaner than in years past... hopefully they'll be picked up in southern maine again...

http://station.wabi.tv/content/4077/...cast_Schedule/

Local Sports on WABI TV5
      Here is our current 2011-2012 local sports schedule (subject to change).

Fri, Oct 7, 7pm: Men's Ice Hockey - Merrimack at Maine.
      Fri. Oct 28, 7pm: Men's Ice Hockey - Providence at Maine
      Sat, Oct 29, 7pm: Men's Ice Hockey - Providence at Maine
      Fri, Nov 11, 7pm: Men's Ice Hockey - Mass-Lowell at Maine.
      Sat, Nov 12, 7pm: Men's Ice Hockey - Mass Lowell at Maine.
      Fri, Feb 17, 7pm: Men's Ice Hockey - Massachusetts (Amherst) at Maine.

We hope to schedule one additional Maine men's ice hockey game - TBD.
      in addition, the two North Dakota games will be on FSSN/FCSc, the 12/10 & 1/28 games vs. BU will be on CBSCS, and the Fenway game will be on NESN

Comment

• Re: Maine 2011 Offseason #2: Wondering If We'll Outdraw Women's Hoops This Year

Hopefully this game will be vs New Hampshire. Or at least I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by chripy View Post

Hopefully this game will be vs New Hampshire. Or at least I hope so.
          Is Larry going to be doing any play by play on the radio this year? If so how can one tune in on line?
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
            WABI has their broadcast schedule up on their website... appears to be a bit leaner than in years past... hopefully they'll be picked up in southern maine again...

http://station.wabi.tv/content/4077/...cast_Schedule/

in addition, the two North Dakota games will be on FSSN/FCSc, the 12/10 & 1/28 games vs. BU will be on CBSCS, and the Fenway game will be on NESN
            The UNH game up there (last game of the season) currently shows TBD for the time on New Hampshire's website due to TV scheduling, someone will be picking it up.
            "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
            Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
            NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
            EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
            AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
            1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Jake Rutt got his "jitters" out of the way on Friday night. Nice article by Justin Pelletier of the Lewiston Daily Sun. Now that the Maineiacs have left Lewiston, the Sun Journal seems to be doing more coverage of the Black Bears.

http://www.sunjournal.com/local-sports/story/1095044

Comment

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/10/0...r-black-bears/

A very interesting article by Larry............

Comment

Its pretty much the same article he wrote last year at the start of the season. When will be big larry grow a pair and call lil timmay out and say put up or shut up and resign if you can't coach-win? That would be a real article versus the ok let's placate the "people: who aren't timmay fans and then back to the same old drivel he writes every year. Like Timmays quote he's a big rig about Rutt...but I won't let him check, play the body or any other contact....poke check and let your man blow by timmay's keys to D!!! The forwards will be crushed when they go to UND!! Hopefully this will be Timmay's last season of ruining Maine hockey!!!! Let's hope the new AD has enough balls to fire him or buy him out whatever it takes to get Maine going back in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                    A very interesting article by Larry............
                    It is interesting... he talks about goaltening by saying "it all boils down to consistency and making the game-changing save. Both are capable..."

That came after noting Maine had the 2nd worst save% in the country last year.

So... how exactly has he concluded them to be "capable" of showing consistency? And what makes one "capable"? Does one just need to have a pulse and have any chance the pucks just keep hitting you to be "capable"?
                    Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 10-07-2011, 07:23 AM.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Oh and good luck this season.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        It is interesting... he talks about goaltening by saying "it all boils down to consistency and making the game-changing save. Both are capable..."

That came after noting Maine had the 2nd worst save% in the country last year.

So... how exactly has he concluded them to be "capable" of showing consistency? And what makes one "capable"? Does one just need to have a pulse and have any chance the pucks just keep hitting you to be "capable"?

at least timmy is not YET blaming the poor goalie coaching

Comment

Originally posted by MEFANinLA View Post
                          Its pretty much the same article he wrote last year at the start of the season. When will be big larry grow a pair and call lil timmay out and say put up or shut up and resign if you can't coach-win? That would be a real article versus the ok let's placate the "people: who aren't timmay fans and then back to the same old drivel he writes every year. Like Timmays quote he's a big rig about Rutt...but I won't let him check, play the body or any other contact....poke check and let your man blow by timmay's keys to D!!! The forwards will be crushed when they go to UND!! Hopefully this will be Timmay's last season of ruining Maine hockey!!!! Let's hope the new AD has enough balls to fire him or buy him out whatever it takes to get Maine going back in the right direction.

great minds.
                          in a way, I would really like to be in North Dakota, but I do not want to see two 7-1 shellackings
                          (seeing Diamond and Hextall go at it would have been nice too)

Comment

Hard call. Does the team have enough on paper to make the NCAAs and the Garden? Yeah, I think so. But they're worse than last year, not debatable, and that team woefully fell short of itself on paper. So even though I can logic out some reasons they can win some games, last year prevents me from doing it with a straight face. Proofs in pudding

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                              Hard call. Does the team have enough on paper to make the NCAAs and the Garden? Yeah, I think so. But they're worse than last year, not debatable, and that team woefully fell short of itself on paper. So even though I can logic out some reasons they can win some games, last year prevents me from doing it with a straight face. Proofs in pudding
                              It's hard to think that since last year's team failed to get to the Garden that they could do it this year without Nyquist/House/Dee/etc.

But how many winnable games did Maine lose or tie last year that they should have won? 7 or so? (Maine's record goes to 24-9-3 if they hang on in those games)

While an NCAA tourney berth this year is a lot to ask, it's possible if they can figure out how to lock down 3rd period leads. I think a Garden appearance is more likely to happen.

Comment

A garden party depends on Marty, goaltending is what killed them last year, if he can keep his head in it for 60 minutes minutes this team will win some games. They won't be great but they'll win some games
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X