Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2011 Offseason #2: Wondering If We'll Outdraw Women's Hoops This Year

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    I miss my aisle seats. Brought my 3 year old, big pain in the butt to have to get by 8 other seats when he decides he needs to potty.
    I miss the aisle as well.. now I'm directly in the middle. awesome
    Curse of the Timmy

Comment

• Re: Maine 2011 Offseason #2: Wondering If We'll Outdraw Women's Hoops This Year

Why was Beattie not playing yesterday.?

Comment

Gustav Nyquist scored two goals and added an assist in the Red Wings' 3-2 win over the Pittsburgh Penguins Sunday night. He was the game's first star. Here's the link
        Last edited by dwollstadt; 10-03-2011, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Saw that earlier today.Of course,the first thing that crossed my mind was: "Why should he be tearing it up right away at this much higher level of competition?"(Yes,it's only one game,but you get my drift.)

As far as the goalie situation goes,I have a much smaller sample to call upon than most of you guys,but from what I've seen,I have to give the nod to Marty in terms of positioning,rebound-control,and quickness...And I prefer Sirman over Sully,FWIW,though I doubt either one of them will develop the consistency necessary to be reliable at this level.I didn't see a #1 D-1 goalie last year,and I didn't for a couple years prior,either.

Maine lost a lot up front,but I don't see that as being nearly the problem as is the ongoing goalie situation.(Looking forward to seeing the freshman forwards,though;so far,so good,it seems.)
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-04-2011, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Saw that earlier today.Of course,the first thing that crossed my mind was: "Why should he be tearing it up right away at this much higher level of competition?"(Yes,it's only one game,but you get my drift.)

As far as the goalie situation goes,I have a much smaller sample to call upon than most of you guys,but from what I've seen,I have to give the nod to Marty in terms of positioning,rebound-control,and quickness...And I prefer Sirman over Sully,FWIW,though I doubt either one of them will develop the consistency necessary to be reliable at this level.I didn't see a #1 D-1 goalie last year,and I didn't for a couple years prior,either.

Maine lost a lot up front,but I don't see that as being nearly the problem as is the ongoing goalie situation.(Looking forward to seeing the freshman forwards,though;so far,so good,it seems.)
            The next two weekends should show somewhat at what we can expect from the Netminders...2 hockey East games at home this weekend vs Merrimack & Northeastern then off to North Dakota where they will be in a Big time Venue with a Team (North Dakota) that RELOADS each year and has a talented recruiting class coming in...PLUS they UND remember the spanking they received at Maine last fall...Maine's Ouellette & Sullivan better be ready for rubber to be flying their way in a high paced game by the Sioux....I like Ouellette style and think he does have what it takes to be a good goalie,my main concern is his concentration and focus for a full 60 minutes....it will be only 4 games and just the start of the season but I figure we'll see enough to gauge how they have progressed from last seasons play.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Saw that earlier today.Of course,the first thing that crossed my mind was: "Why should he be tearing it up right away at this much higher level of competition?"(Yes,it's only one game,but you get my drift.))
              You probably should look at his linemates for some of that answer plus the fact that he's pretty good
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

who was the guy down in Virginia near DC who is the Maine fan and as I remember, related to Shawn???
                was it SHawn's father, or his brother?

help me out here.... writing from DC

Comment

• Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                  who was the guy down in Virginia near DC who is the Maine fan and as I remember, related to Shawn???

I see that Tim has decided to go with an all freshman second line....a Nd the rest is up for grabs,,,nice decision making and confidence building Coach...and who did Cornell **** off....second pair last year, now battling with a midget swede and eggshell Pryor....

Comment

Originally posted by BearNecessity View Post
                    I see that Tim has decided to go with an all freshman second line....a Nd the rest is up for grabs,,,nice decision making and confidence building Coach...and who did Cornell **** off....second pair last year, now battling with a midget swede and eggshell Pryor....
                    I know they changed during the game, but the lines primarily consisted of:

1. Abbott-Flynn-Diamond / O'Neill-Mangene
                    2. Shemansky-Swavely-Anthoine / Hegarty-Nemec
                    3. Pryor-Leidermark-Andersson / Cornell-O'Connor
                    4. Cerretani-Parker-Leen / Rutt-Norman
                    5. Antonelli-Higgins-Amestoy

The freshmen saw a lot of ice time because Tim could dress everyone for that game.
                    Last edited by tylerzx2002; 10-04-2011, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                      I know they changed during the game, but the lines primarily consisted of:

1. Abbott-Flynn-Diamond / O'Neill-Mangene
                      2. Shemansky-Swavely-Anthoine / Hegarty-Nemec
                      3. Pryor-Leidermark-Andersson / Cornell-O'Connor
                      4. Cerretani-Parker-Leen / Rutt-Norman
                      5. Antonelli-Higgins-Amestoy

The freshmen saw a lot of ice time because Tim could dress everyone for that game.
                      Is Kyle Beattie injured/sick/or other..?

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                        Here are some pictures from today's practice at Alfond........lots of people attending the football game (Maine 31 #5 Delaware 17!!!) were checking things out.

*****http://us.mg6.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1_753453_APLTi2IAADCvTofWvgraTzUnUP8&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1******

*****http://us.mg6.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1_757381_APTTi2IAAFdZTofXeAn9djjSleQ&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1******

*****http://us.mg6.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1_755992_APPTi2IAAVQ%2BTofXCAd1%2FW%2 FJBkQ&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1******

*****http://us.mg6.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1_753916_APPTi2IAAVEhTofWzA1Vtg4tcmI&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1******

Can you repost the pics? I'm interested to see what the Alfond looks like now especially with the nets

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          Is Kyle Beattie injured/sick/or other..?
                          Kyle Beattie is injured. When healthy he will be the center for the second line according to the coaches. Here's more info in today's BDN.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/10/0...ts-on-openers/

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post

It is his brother. The same brother who donated his bone marrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                              Kyle Beattie is injured. When healthy he will be the center for the second line according to the coaches. Here's more info in today's BDN.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/10/0...ts-on-openers/
                              Thanks;I saw the article today...hopefully he's back soon,will need his present in the lineup for some secondary scoring behind Abbott/Flynn & Diamond.

Comment

Originally posted by BearNecessity View Post
                                One needs to read these stories a bit more carefully. All he said was he is keeping that freshmen line intact! That does not mean they are the second line! Shemansky was used on the first power play unit, he will be on the 2nd line, as will Beattie when he is healthy. I know nothing about this years team, but even knowing nothing, common sense, and the ability to read and understand one of Larry's articles would seem to indicate that. And yes one would think Cornell with an A on his sweater would get a larger vote of confidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X