X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    *snort*

Just tell the teams it's everyone for themselves and we can skip the league meetings for the next two years. All we're missing is information that the lease on the league's offices ends in 2013.
    He still has a job to do.

Comment

Originally posted by mwellens View Post
      Talked with Fred yesterday, he confirmed it was a two-year deal.

http://www.miningjournal.net/page/co....html?nav=5075
      He will have to either try to keep the teams he has or recruit new teams ie UAH, Mercyhurst, Robert Morris, and Niagara; or combine with WCHA.

Comment

Don't ever think Huntsville will ever be added to the CCHA. It's a two day trip or a flight for almost every except Miami.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          No. It doesn't, and that worries me.

WCHA already did call. Our AD politely declined.
          The dollars and cents did not add up for a move to the WCHA. Even now, it would be even more costly. There would be an annual flight to Colorado and a bus trip to either Grand Forks or Omaha, plus the every other year flight to Anchorage. Now I know that Anchorage subsidizes the flight there, but the other factors don't match in this world of declining federal and state revenues and decreased attendance. There would also have been a couple seasons where NMU would have gotten little if any WCHA tournament revenue. And those revenues are likely to decrease with the loss of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            There would also have been a couple seasons where NMU would have gotten little if any WCHA tournament revenue. And those revenues are likely to decrease with the loss of Minnesota and Wisconsin.
            If this is the case college hockey is going to be suffering for long time from the lack of making money and programs will fold.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
              If this is the case college hockey is going to be suffering for long time from the lack of making money and programs will fold.
              It's BEEN suffering for years. This is nothing new.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                It's BEEN suffering for years. This is nothing new.
                Fred P will save the CCHA. Teams will make more money without the Big 10 teams.

Comment

Fred P will save the CCHA.
                  No, he won't.

Comment

Fred will either be a SID for MSU or work for the Big 10 hockey in a couple of years.
                    Are you bi-polar? Take your meds.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Are you bi-polar? Take your meds.
                      It's that or drugs.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                        It's that or drugs.
                        I was told there would be no meth.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

What?!?!?
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            Don't ever think Huntsville will ever be added to the CCHA. It's a two day trip or a flight for almost every except Miami.
                            Huntsville is showing a strong commitment by making those kinds of trips several times a year. CCHA teams would only have to go to Huntsville once every year or two. Hopefully, the CCHA is at least open to talking about taking in UAH.

Comment

This move got me thinking about the Fox Sports broadcasts. With the Big Tenwelve teams leaving, I bet you see FSD dump CCHA broadcasts. The TV slate is 90% UM/MSU anyway. Viewership will be minimal for a WMU/Ferris matchup. Advertisers will not be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisconsin Wildcat View Post
                                This move got me thinking about the Fox Sports broadcasts. With the Big Tenwelve teams leaving, I bet you see FSD dump CCHA broadcasts. The TV slate is 90% UM/MSU anyway. Viewership will be minimal for a WMU/Ferris matchup. Advertisers will not be interested.
                                No more CCHA games on tv. The only coverage the CCHA is going get is TV6 out of Marquette or on yooper tube.

Comment

Working...
                                X