Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

The league announced that interim commisioner Fred Pletsch has been given the full reins. This is probably the best hire for the league at this time. I just hope that those schools that are bailing out did not get to vote!
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Re: Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

I'd like to know the length of his contract. Will he still be the commissioner when the B1G teams leave?

Hopefully this season we can start to gear up for a CCHA without the B1G schools; and have Fred show his commitment to the remaining schools.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      I'd like to know the length of his contract. Will he still be the commissioner when the B1G teams leave?

Hopefully this season we can start to gear up for a CCHA without the B1G schools; and have Fred show his commitment to the remaining schools.
      I would hope that he got at least a five year contract. One thing the CCHA needs right now is some stability.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I'll just say I'm not exactly enthused about Anastos' right hand man being given the reigns.

And why the hell are the league meetings for a Michigan/Indiana/Ohio centered conference that isn't making money hand over fist in Naples, Florida?
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Congrats to former Cornwall Aces radio announcer Fred Pletsch!

On behalf of all the Cornwall Aces fans in hiding, I give a warm "Go Aces Go!" to Fred!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            I'll just say I'm not exactly enthused about Anastos' right hand man being given the reigns.

And why the hell are the league meetings for a Michigan/Indiana/Ohio centered conference that isn't making money hand over fist in Naples, Florida?
            All leagues/conferences/divisions/NCAA/ACHA are held once a year in Naples.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

I'm trying to remember where I found it, but I saw earlier today that its a 2 year deal.

Here: http://www.uscho.com/2011/05/02/plet...missioner-job/
              Last edited by redwings8831; 05-02-2011, 09:10 PM. Reason: Added link.

Comment

I'll just say I'm not exactly enthused about Anastos' right hand man being given the reigns. And why the hell are the league meetings for a Michigan/Indiana/Ohio centered conference that isn't making money hand over fist in Naples, Florida?
                So who would your top candidates have been?

Comment

Talked with Fred yesterday, he confirmed it was a two-year deal.

http://www.miningjournal.net/page/co....html?nav=5075
                  www.mattwellens.com

www.miningjournal.net

"brilliant, mother ********** brilliant
                  wellens... you are a god among college sports analysts" - The Stew

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    So who would your top candidates have been?
                    Bill Wilkinson

Comment

Originally posted by mwellens View Post
                      Talked with Fred yesterday, he confirmed it was a two-year deal.

http://www.miningjournal.net/page/co....html?nav=5075
                      The fact that it is only a two year deal doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the future of the league.

Comment

The fact that it is only a two year deal doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the future of the league.
                        Give the WCHA a call........

Comment

No. It doesn't, and that worries me.

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
                          Give the WCHA a call........
                          WCHA already did call. Our AD politely declined.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Fred will either............
                            Last edited by yooper(UP) hockey; 05-05-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

*snort*

Just tell the teams it's everyone for themselves and we can skip the league meetings for the next two years. All we're missing is information that the lease on the league's offices ends in 2013.
                              Last edited by bronconick; 05-03-2011, 09:26 AM.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X