Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

    Originally posted by Wisconsin Wildcat View Post
    This move got me thinking about the Fox Sports broadcasts. With the Big Tenwelve teams leaving, I bet you see FSD dump CCHA broadcasts. The TV slate is 90% UM/MSU anyway. Viewership will be minimal for a WMU/Ferris matchup. Advertisers will not be interested.
    MSU and Michigan will have all their non-conference Big Ten games on the local Fox Sports channel. The Big Ten network will only show member vs. member games in the coming years.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

      comcast 900 (ctv) "might" retain some sort of ccha package.

      or maybe not....

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

        Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
        comcast 900 (ctv) "might" retain some sort of ccha package.

        or maybe not....
        They actually might. They certainly haven't been afraid of airing non-B1G games (from what I've seen of past schedules), and it is available statewide on Comcast. It's an expense, sure, but it's one that the CCHA could (or should) easily be able to cover. And, there were plenty of times where the CCHA's Comcast 900 games were picked up by the FSN-College channels to be simulcast nationwide.

        Hell, the Chicago Wolves (AHL) paid for all 80 games to be televised on the local CN100 (Chicagoland's equivalent of CTV 900) for years before working in a deal with My50 Chicago for a dozen home games. If one team can afford to spend money as marketing on TV broadcasts, I would hope that the league would push for it too. It's a definite marketing arm to be able to tell member schools that you'll be seen on TV.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

        Live Radio from 100.3

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

          Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
          Huntsville is showing a strong commitment by making those kinds of trips several times a year. CCHA teams would only have to go to Huntsville once every year or two. Hopefully, the CCHA is at least open to talking about taking in UAH.
          If the CCHA maintains a 28 game schedule with 8 or 9 teams, seven teams will have to make the trip. Most CCHA schools were not too upset over Omaha leaving because of the travel it entailed. Do you think either Northern Michigan (about 18 hours with meal stops) or Lake Superior (17 hours) are voting in favor of taking a two bus trip to get there, then not getting back til sometime late Sunday afternoon? Or how about the cost of flying?
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

            Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            If the CCHA maintains a 28 game schedule with 8 or 9 teams, seven teams will have to make the trip. Most CCHA schools were not too upset over Omaha leaving because of the travel it entailed. Do you think either Northern Michigan (about 18 hours with meal stops) or Lake Superior (17 hours) are voting in favor of taking a two bus trip to get there, then not getting back til sometime late Sunday afternoon? Or how about the cost of flying?
            Coach Roque is on record as saying UAH will eventually get a conference home.

            If the schools are just voting on the bus trip, they will not be in favour. Hopefully, other factors will be considered.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

              Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post

              If the schools are just voting on the bus trip, they will not be in favour. Hopefully, other factors will be considered.
              If the CCHA comes to reality for the 2012-2013 season UAH will be included.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

                Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
                If the CCHA comes to reality for the 2012-2013 season UAH will be included.
                That sounds good!

                If the CCHA is going to accept UAH they may as well do so before the other schools leave and have a 12-team conference for 2012-2013.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

                  Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
                  Coach Roque is on record as saying UAH will eventually get a conference home.

                  If the schools are just voting on the bus trip, they will not be in favour. Hopefully, other factors will be considered.
                  Although I would love to see Huntsville included in the CCHA, if for no other reasons than Dreamland or the Big Spring. But besides Roque, can you find any other coach on record as saying that Huntsville will eventually be included?
                  Last edited by davyd83; 05-13-2011, 10:04 AM.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

                    Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    Although I would love to see Huntsville included in the CCHA, if for no other reasons than Dreamland or the Big Spring. But besides Roque, can you find any other coach on record as saying that Huntsville will eventually be included?
                    No.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

                      Originally posted by chargersupporter View Post
                      No.
                      Email the coaches ask for some support.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

                        Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
                        Email the coaches ask for some support.
                        Coaches aren't the only ones who make the decisions regarding membership. You would also need to convince the Athletic Directors and possibly the Board of Control for each school (who oversee the coaches and AD's).
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                        Live Radio from 100.3

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: Fred Pletsch Named New CCHA Commissioner

                          Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Coaches aren't the only ones who make the decisions regarding membership. You would also need to convince the Athletic Directors and possibly the Board of Control for each school (who oversee the coaches and AD's).
                          Post cards to all these people would be nice.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X