Michigan Tech Coach Search, Part II: Only We Would Need a Second Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Coach Search, Part II: Only We Would Need a Second Thread

Hopefully he can bring some of the USA-18 kids that he recruits to go to UM.

Bring on Ben Johnson on board to tech.

Comment

I'll take back the part about firing the coach. He was my top choice, after all.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Hell yes!

Comment

Pearson!! Yes!
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
            I see in the article that the AD wasnt even quoted in the article, just Mroz and Cook.

The President must of had lots to do with Pearsons hiring. Good job Mroz and Cook.

Comment

more Les and Suzanne I think.

what exciting news!!! Mel Pearson! and we get to stick it to Michigan!! what a great day!
              Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Holy hell!! We got Pearson!!!! Suck it U of M
                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
                  I see in the article that the AD wasnt even quoted in the article, just Mroz and Cook.
                  The President must of had lots to do with Pearsons hiring. Good job Mroz and Cook.
                  Have to give Suzanne credit as well, because if he doesn't work out she will get the blame.

Comment

It will be interesting to see the terms of the deal (lengths, any clauses that are made public, etc). Hopefully it is for a minimum of 5 years.

So will the Russell's Terriers section now be renamed Pearson's Persons?
                    Will they rename the rink Mad Mel's Thunderdome if the team goes 0.500 in less than 5 years?
                    What are the current Vegas odds on MTU getting a least one UM recruit to defect?
                    What company will Mel pick to supply the new HD jumbotron video / scoreboard?
                    How long before Michigan alum makes a comment about MTU getting UM's "leftovers"?
                    So much time, so little to do. Wait, scratch that, reverse it.

Ryan J
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

The obsession with U of M in this thread is a little over the top, no? I'm glad Mel got plenty of experience coaching with Red; he's going to need it.

Time to speculate on who he chooses for his lead assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        It will be interesting to see the terms of the deal (lengths, any clauses that are made public, etc). Hopefully it is for a minimum of 5 years.

So will the Russell's Terriers section now be renamed Pearson's Persons?
                        Will they rename the rink Mad Mel's Thunderdome if the team goes 0.500 in less than 5 years?
                        What are the current Vegas odds on MTU getting a least one UM recruit to defect?
                        What company will Mel pick to supply the new HD jumbotron video / scoreboard?
                        How long before Michigan alum makes a comment about MTU getting UM's "leftovers"?
                        So much time, so little to do. Wait, scratch that, reverse it.

Ryan J
                        Pearson's Puppies??
                        Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Mel's Mutts?
                          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            The obsession with U of M in this thread is a little over the top, no? I'm glad Mel got plenty of experience coaching with Red; he's going to need it.

Time to speculate on who he chooses for his lead assistant.
                            AJ Aiken
                            Billy Powers
                            Brian Renfrew
                            Eric Rud
                            Ron Forgerty
                            Tim Couglin
                            Last edited by yooper(UP) hockey; 05-06-2011, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Congrats to Mel & MTU.
                              The resources required to get this done show Tech is SERIOUS about hockey!

Comment

Will the recruiting spiel be; You don't want to skate for that old guy, he won't be around much and that league only has 6 teams. I'm the one that ran those practices.

Comment

Working...
                                X