Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Irish hockey: JACC we hardly knew ye

I don't see why not.
    Posters from those schools can correct me, but I believe, for instance, that Niagara and Bemidji both still have CHA banners hanging.

Comment

UAF has a banner from the Great West conference or whatever it was they played in back in the day. A championship's a championship, doesn't matter if the league it was for isn't around anymore.

Comment

OT and wrong sport I know but......did I see with my own eyes the storied program that gave us Rockne, Leahy, Hornung, Ara, and The Gipper now give us.....rain delays? Hope the Echoes didn't wake up.

Sorry, just couldn't resist.
        Last edited by Split-N; 09-04-2011, 10:07 AM.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
          OT and wrong sport I know but......did I see with my own eyes the storied program of Rockne, Leahy, Hornung, Ara, and The Gipper give us.....a rain delay? Hope the Echoes didn't wake up.

Sorry, just couldn't resist.
          Actually, it was a lightning delay. And not just once. Eesh. Rip the band-aid off and get this home-opener loss over already. There goes a NC for the FB team as they never win a NC when they lose their home opener (and this will mark only something like the 16th-ish loss out of 120-ish home openers...).

Pretty bad when the best part of the day was the flyover over my backyard.
          "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
            One last random hockey thought as I come down from a sugar high: What will become of our CCHA banners when the CCHA ceases to exist? Will they still hang in the rafters?
            NU still has our ECAC banner from 1982 hanging in the rafters at Matthews. Granted, that conference hasn't ceased to exist, but NU is no longer in it. As a practical matter, it wouldn't be any different for ND with respect to the CCHA. It's still a big accomplishment worthy of the recognition.
            Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
            Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Agree. A league championship is forever, regardless of what happens to the league over time. So keep those CCHA banners hanging from the rafters and look forward to the day you have to explain them to your kids.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

And at the height of ridiculousness the Ottawa Senators have multiple Stanley Cup Champion banners hanging from the rafters of their rink. Notre Dame (and the other teams mentioned) all achieved whatever each banner celebrates. It seems pretty weird for the current Senators to celebrate achievements of a long dead franchise that has no true connection with the current one, trying to pass them off as their own.

Comment

Season ticket packages go on sale starting tomorrow. Gold, blue and breakaway.

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Quick question.
                    My husband has a job interview in South Bend next week, are there any areas of town we should avoid in looking for apartments?
                    Is it worth looking in Elkhart?
                    Thanks.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      Quick question.
                      My husband has a job interview in South Bend next week, are there any areas of town we should avoid in looking for apartments?
                      Speaking very generally, south of the St Joseph River and west of downtown South Bend.

If you have questions about a specific complex, post them here.

Is it worth looking in Elkhart?
                      For job in South Bend, it would be silly. That's about twenty miles each way for a commute, and I don't think you'd find anything better or cheaper there.

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time
                        My home is south of the river and I love my neighborhood. I'm only 3 miles due south of the FB stadium and within minutes of everything I could ever need except good BBQ. Mishawaka might be your best bet if you are looking at apartments.

Comment

Thanks guys.
                          When we start looking at specific complexes, I'll let you know.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                            Mishawaka might be your best bet if you are looking at apartments.
                            It depends on where you're working. If it's at ND or otherwise on the east side of town, then Mishawaka makes sense. If it's on the west side of town, there's at least one decent complex near Cleveland and Portage that might be more convenient than Mishawaka.

Comment

Working...
                            X