Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Irish hockey: JACC we hardly knew ye

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
    But he didn't play the same role with the Leafs that he played with the Marlies, where he had much success. He was also bounced around a bit too much. There was no consistency. He's also not that physical of a player, which is definitely what Toronto aims for, especially with someone his size. I didn't expect him to go to Washington, but they do a good job of developing players, so I'm hopeful.
    Unfortunately, that could be said about just about every Leafs player. In case it's not obvious, I've never been a big Wilson fan.

I hope Christian makes the big squad - if not, he'll wind up in Hershey, so Dave and his buddies from da 'Burgh (including a couple who played here) won't have to travel so far to watch him play.
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Mario Lucia said that Notre Dame is telling recruits the Irish are most likely going to the Super League.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/125459413.html

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        Mario Lucia said that Notre Dame is telling recruits the Irish are most likely going to the Super League.

Lucia also said he's leaning towards the Irish and will make a decision in the very near future.
        Notre Dame Hockey
        Reigning Big Ten Champions
        Reigning CCHA Champions
        Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post

The "Big East"? Goddammit, Minnesota sportswriters.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

So Mr. JJfP attended the meet-n-greet yesterday (this is finals week for my students, so I had those pesky obligations to attend to...), and he reported back to me that someone asked why I haven't said much about the goings-on and where ND should land.

Finals are basically over, so here's my 2 cents worth:

I believe ND will go to the new conference, the NCHC. (Is it just me, or does that sound like some chemical compound?) I believe (as was sort of confirmed yesterday) that ND is going to have one helluva t.v. deal. I also believe the chemical compound that will be the new conference needs that t.v. deal. In fact they covet it. I believe ND is in the driver's seat, in part because of the t.v. deal, the new arena and the brand name. I believe that from that driver's seat will come a condition to joining the new conference...something akin to holding conference finals in a Notre Dame-centric location, say Chicago. This is what I believe. But what do I know?

Now. Let's talk about this coming season for a while. All of the players are on campus this summer. They're champin' at the bit to get into the new digs. The seniors want to go out with a bang (or a banner and a trophy). The freshmen want to make an impact.

So. Part one of talking about the upcoming season is leadership. Who do you think will be the leaders? My choice for wearing the C would be Riley Sheahan. The A's would include Billy Maday, Sean Lorenz and Anders Lee.

Your turn.
            "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Your turn.
              Either Lorenz or Maday as the captain seems like the obvious choice, and probably either one would be more than suitable. I think both have shown quiet leadership throughout their time at Notre Dame. Sheahan would be a bit of a curve ball to me. But Jackson took a flyer on a relative newcomer last season, and the team never suffered the personality conflicts of the previous edition, so anything is possible. If I'm guessing, I would think Maday has the inside track.

I've heard quiet rumblings that Notre Dame has already tentatively accepted an invitation to the conference they would prefer to be in, but logistics are left to be worked out. All the talk from the powers that be at Notre Dame about there being no hurry and biding their time is just that, talk. They are doing their due diligence of course, but this is just a positioning ploy to give them an out to work out something with someone else if they don't get some of what they want. If what I'm being told is correct, the television aspects are being overstated in a lot of the online speculation and chatter. Exposure (television) is one criteria being worked out, but is hardly the only factor in where Notre Dame hopes to land.

My hope is that Notre Dame neither underplays or overplays their hand in this new landscape. For years we saw the former with the way Notre Dame promoted the hockey program, but since this IS Notre Dame, the latter is also certainly a possibility. Challenges and possibilities abound in any endeavor in transition, and this is certainly no different.

Comment

The seats are going in in the new rink. Season tickets will be mailed out in just under 8 weeks. Life is good.

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

The Wings signed Jordan Pearce to 2 more years. Like with Erik Condra, med school will have to wait!

Comment

The seats are going in in the new rink. Season tickets will be mailed out in just under 8 weeks. Life is good.
                    What no picture?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                      What no picture?
                      For some reason I can't post links/pics anymore. I keep getting error messages. But they look sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                        What no picture?

Click to embiggen
                        Last edited by ND Hockey; 07-24-2011, 12:52 PM.
                        Notre Dame Hockey
                        Reigning Big Ten Champions
                        Reigning CCHA Champions
                        Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

You know that looks an awful lot like the MacInnes.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I've decided that there are definitely more than a few things in the college hockey world I have grown weary of:

1. The use of the phrase "Due diligence."
                            2. The ongoing silence of my team.
                            3. Rumors.
                            4. Rumors that become fact.
                            5. Meetings that lead to absolutely nothing but more rumors.

The summer is flying by (there are only 65 days left til the team takes the ice for their first official practice) and IHF and I are the only 2 ND posters to speculate on who will be the team leaders. My choices were Riley Sheahan for the C and Billy Maday, Sean Lorenz and Anders Lee for the A's. IHF chose either Lorenz or Maday for the C and has declined to go further than that.

Part two leading us into the upcoming season would discuss who will have the breakout season. My pick will be Sam Calabrese.

Your turn.

Comment

I can live with this.

Comment

Im disappointed that the Buckeyes have to play in the Joyce. I was looking forward to seeing a game in that new building and now i dont think i will. Ohio State may not go to ND next year and being that the two team wont be in the same conference after next season i may not get to see ohio state play in the new building.

Comment

Working...
                                X