X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Irish hockey: JACC we hardly knew ye

I think I'm going to win the lottery.
    "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
      I think Notre Dame will join the Hockey East.
      Follow the money.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Follow the money.
        Notre Dame knows money......

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
          Notre Dame knows money......
          yooper knows how to ruin a thread

Comment

Originally posted by 7&7 View Post
            yooper knows how to make a thread
            Fixed it

Comment

Originally Posted by 7&7

yooper knows how to make a thread rock

Fixed it more better.

Comment

Without a Peer is reporting via its twitter account that the RPI game at ND is off the schedule.
                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                  Without a Peer is reporting via its twitter account that the RPI game at ND is off the schedule.
                  WaP has retracted that.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

ND likely will be announcing their schedule tomorrow for next season, but this should be it, with the exception of a possible 37th game due to exemptions. OSU and WMU were through process of elimination, but should be correct. Based on the given info/package explanation for new season ticket purchasers, the OSU series will close out the JACC, with RPI being the first game in the new digs.

10/7-8 @ UMD
                    10/14-15 OSU
                    10/21 RPI
                    10/28-29 @ BG
                    11/4-5 @ NMU
                    11/11-12 UA(F)
                    11/18 BC (dedication of CFC)
                    11/25-26 @ LSSU
                    12/2-3 NU
                    12/9 @ FSU
                    12/10 FSU
                    12/16-17 WMU (probably home-and-home)
                    12/31 BU
                    1/7 @ Minny (HOF)
                    1/13-14 WMU (again, home-and-home)
                    1/20-21 UM
                    1/27-28 @ UA(F)
                    2/3-4 BG
                    2/10 FSU
                    2/11 @ FSU
                    2/17-18 @ Miami
                    2/24-25 MSU

15 1/2 weeks.

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

anyone get their invoices yet?
                      TJ TJ Tynan....KING OF THE WILD FRONTIER

Comment

Originally posted by SwedishJustice22 View Post
                        JJfP told me that ours would be mailed out on Friday. I'm guessing that means season ticket holders who got the earlier "where would you like to sit in the new arena" form.
                        Cindy

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                        Courage to change the things I can,
                        And wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Third Family Member View Post
                          JJfP told me that ours would be mailed out on Friday. I'm guessing that means season ticket holders who got the earlier "where would you like to sit in the new arena" form.
                          Yes. Multi-year season ticket holders' orders will be filled first, one-year holders next then when all of those have been filled, brand new ticket purchasers will get their orders filled. Brand new purchasers can fill out the forms beginning July 7th, but they won't be filled til after the others are. I wouldn't panic if your order form doesn't come quickly as this is also the time of year the ticket office fills the FB orders, and we all know that FB is lordgodking on campus. For the time being, anyway.

Comment

Change the first series with WMU to the Tuesdays surrounding BC for a scenario I didn't expect and add in two exhibitions (one of which should be pretty decent). And, save for a few already set and changes made for t.v., ND will be starting their home games at 7:00.

First practice will be October 1st. First game situation will be October 2nd. First anticipation for the new season will be...now.

Comment

Originally posted by SwedishJustice22 View Post
                              Yes.

Comment

It's the first day of July. That means there are only 14 weeks til the season begins. Less than that to speculate on captains (the future Mark Van Guilders), break-out players (the future Ryan Guentzels), dynamic freshmen (the future T.J. Tynans and Anders Lees) and expectations for the season (mine are huge). Existing season ticket holders have a month to pay for their tickets. New fans can order theirs in a week.

In the meantime, check out Hockey Night in South Bend's photo tour on Facebook. Can you find your seat?

http://www.facebook.com/NDHockey

Comment

Working...
                                X