• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yooper(UP) hockey
    replied
    Re: Realignment Rumors

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    No, but the Yooper schools will.
    Thats why hope the Yooper schools will recruit in there backyard(marquette, Hoton and Soo).

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Originally posted by gophfan View Post
    so you think schools that are power houses in college hockey like denver and UND are going to find it hard to recuit?
    No, but the Yooper schools will.

Leave a comment:

• gophfan
    replied

so you think schools that are power houses in college hockey like denver and UND are going to find it hard to recuit?

Leave a comment:

• yooper(UP) hockey
    replied

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    If by chance the "WCCHA" super conference is actually created and the WCHA is gone the Big Ten schools wouldn't feel obligated to find room on their schedules anymore for a new conference.
    My point the small schools dont need the Big 10 schools anyway. The small schools need each other and thats why they need to stick together in on super confrence.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Originally posted by Almington View Post
    You are assuming that he had credibility to begin with.

His point and logic are valid, that if ND starts a network, they are going to want to maximize revenue from it, one way that they will do that is by increasing the overall national profile of the teams that the hockey program plays.

Where his logic fails is why would teams like Providence or BC want to join the conference? I'm sure that any of the HE schools would have no problem playing ND in no conference play, I have to believe that they would laugh in anyones face if they were asked to leave the easy travel of HE to join a predominantly western conference. Basically I see this playing out two ways either a Western 6 (or 8) forms and the excluded teams form a conference of 6 (or 8) teams or nothing happens in the short term and the status quo exists until after everyone has had a chance to adjust to the Big Ten conference.
    Well personally I think all the teams no matter what conference are going to take a look at their recruiting. If they are still getting recruits and still competitive and still in a similar boat financially then not much will happen. However the chances of that are slim.
    So down the line things will likely change. A lot more to come no doubt. But ND having it's own network surely means they will maximize what exposure they can when they can. It doesn't necessarily mean a change in conference affiliation right away though IMO. Especially to HE. I'm sure there are discussions and rumors of discussions all over, but that's a lot different than action.

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    replied

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Apologies in advance to those who are filtering the thread.

False. There is NO entity that will dictate just what the B1G schools will do, other than the B1G Ten itself.

Without the Alaska exemption, there are 34 games maximum to fill per year. Twenty are already spoken for as conference games (per the B1G press release). That leaves 14 dates to fill. Seven weekends. Subtract the GLI, Badger Showdown, and Marriucci Classic weekends (respectively) and that leaves just 12 dates, SIX weekends to fill. (Ignoring the fact that Penn and tOSU don't host tourney's now)

Just six weekends to fill. Minnesota and Wisconsin are going to look at playing their "rivals" that will draw attendance (tUMD, UND, maybe CC/DU). Michigan and Michigan State will want games against ND and Miami. Now you're looking at four weekend at most available to play the B1G schools.

You really think that a "WCCHA" super conference will be able to dictate that those FOUR remaining weekends are to be shared with their conference? Think again. The B1G schools want HOME dates. They'll choose to write checks to AHA and EZAC schools for one-and-done home series with those schools.
    If by chance the "WCCHA" super conference is actually created and the WCHA is gone the Big Ten schools wouldn't feel obligated to find room on their schedules anymore for a new conference.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

aparch

+1

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

Apologies in advance to those who are filtering the thread.

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
    The WCHA is a great league and the CCHA in couple of season will lose its load with the big schools leaving. Combine the leagues to compete directly with the Big 10.
    The combined league will munipulate who the Big 10 teams will play.
    False. There is NO entity that will dictate just what the B1G schools will do, other than the B1G Ten itself.

Without the Alaska exemption, there are 34 games maximum to fill per year. Twenty are already spoken for as conference games (per the B1G press release). That leaves 14 dates to fill. Seven weekends. Subtract the GLI, Badger Showdown, and Marriucci Classic weekends (respectively) and that leaves just 12 dates, SIX weekends to fill. (Ignoring the fact that Penn and tOSU don't host tourney's now)

Just six weekends to fill. Minnesota and Wisconsin are going to look at playing their "rivals" that will draw attendance (tUMD, UND, maybe CC/DU). Michigan and Michigan State will want games against ND and Miami. Now you're looking at four weekend at most available to play the B1G schools.

You really think that a "WCCHA" super conference will be able to dictate that those FOUR remaining weekends are to be shared with their conference? Think again. The B1G schools want HOME dates. They'll choose to write checks to AHA and EZAC schools for one-and-done home series with those schools.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    That's entirely beside the point. Of course the players (and... well... college kids in general) like to skip classes. And maybe they wouldn't mind having to travel longer and miss more classes. But why would that be relevant to anyone?

Let's review, shall we? You said this in response to someone saying that combining the WCHA and CCHA would be stupid because of all the extra travel:

In other words: Missing more classes would be a reason that athletic departments would want to merge the CCHA and WCHA into one conference.

Not a deterrent (because most all athletic departments want to miss less class to appease their academic counterparts).

Not an extra expense (because of the added costs of this kind of travel arrangement).

Why would any self-respecting AD go along with that?
    You're talking way over Lloyd and Harry's heads with this post. But unfortunately, the board doesn't have an option to draw pictures in crayons, so what can you do?

Leave a comment:

• technohusky
    replied

By the way the circus left Hoton andthe power shut off to about 60,000 customers during Mel Pearsons hiring for MTU hockey.
    This one time the circus left town and lost its brakes on Bridge Street and the truck crashed and a guy was decapitated.

Leave a comment:

• yooper(UP) hockey
    replied

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    That's entirely beside the point. Of course the players (and... well... college kids in general) like to skip classes. And maybe they wouldn't mind having to travel longer and miss more classes. But why would that be relevant to anyone?

Let's review, shall we? You said this in response to someone saying that combining the WCHA and CCHA would be stupid because of all the extra travel:

In other words: Missing more classes would be a reason that athletic departments would want to merge the CCHA and WCHA into one conference.

Not a deterrent (because most all athletic departments want to miss less class to appease their academic counterparts).

Not an extra expense (because of the added costs of this kind of travel arrangement).

The WCHA is a great league and the CCHA in couple of season will lose its load with the big schools leaving. Combine the leagues to compete directly with the Big 10.

The combined league will munipulate who the Big 10 teams will play.

Stronger small schools from the midwest will be equal or stronger then the Big 10.

By facing the Big 10 head on will make these smaller hockey schools stronger.

Leave a comment:

• yooper(UP) hockey
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Can I get a refill on my jumbo popcorn? This thread has turned entertaining.
    Thats what it is about entertainment and nothing else.

By the way the circus left Hoton andthe power shut off to about 60,000 customers during Mel Pearsons hiring for MTU hockey.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Can I get a refill on my jumbo popcorn? This thread has turned entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• yooper(UP) hockey
    replied

Originally posted by gophfan View Post
    Look i love college hockey but there something wrong with it if adding one school causes the death of many schools program. If this was any other sport people would be jumping for joy for a big time program adding there sport.
    I know there are only about 60 Division1 schools and everybody is crying about going to Alabama to play college hockey in the winter. Give me a break. It is too far or it cost to much money. I hope the people who dont want to see college hockey teams succed in other markets never have a son/daughter play college hockey ever.

Lets just have all junior A and midget AAA programs develop kids so these can go play old timers hockey.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

You didnt know any college hockey players who skipped alot of classes? I knew many.

The farther you travel the more school you miss.

If I am right I think most student athletes dont mind missing class for hockey.

Most players go to school for hockey not school.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X