• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Realignment Rumors

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    Latest rumor from Western College Hockey:

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....ng-realignment

So if what he is saying about all D-I schools, some of the the likely suspects would be

BC
    Providence
    Notre Dame
    Denver
    North Dakota
    Nebraska-Omaha
    Miami
    IMO, we will not see any realignment anytime soon. The Big Ten Hockey Conference has something no other conference has in America a national tv network showing only member vs. member games. That my friends is worth gold! Which might be the deciding factor of playing in the Big Ten over anywhere else in America.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      What about Western Michigan and Bowling Green?
      My understanding is that it's extremely unlikely that those three MAC schools would split up regardless of how things shake out.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

That blogger makes a supposition there which is without basis and is wishful thinking on his part. He presumes to know what ND is thinking. IMHO he has damaged his credibility with that remark.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          Yooper (UP) thinks that is a stupid idea.
          Combine the WCHA and CCHA and get it over with.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
            Combine the WCHA and CCHA and get it over with.
            Really? Why would they give up an automatic NCAA bid? That would be incredibly foolish. And the travel would be ridiculous. For most CCHA schools, Northern Michigan is their longest trip. Tech would be their shortest roadie among WCHA schools. They would also have to add an annual flight to Colorado and go to Alaska every year.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
              Really? Why would they give up an automatic NCAA bid? That would be incredibly foolish. And the travel would be ridiculous. For most CCHA schools, Northern Michigan is their longest trip. Tech would be their shortest roadie among WCHA schools. They would also have to add an annual flight to Colorado and go to Alaska every year.
              Don't fight the idiocy with common sense, fight it with the "ignore" feature.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                That blogger makes a supposition there which is without basis and is wishful thinking on his part. He presumes to know what ND is thinking. IMHO he has damaged his credibility with that remark.
                You are assuming that he had credibility to begin with.

His point and logic are valid, that if ND starts a network, they are going to want to maximize revenue from it, one way that they will do that is by increasing the overall national profile of the teams that the hockey program plays.

Where his logic fails is why would teams like Providence or BC want to join the conference? I'm sure that any of the HE schools would have no problem playing ND in no conference play, I have to believe that they would laugh in anyones face if they were asked to leave the easy travel of HE to join a predominantly western conference. Basically I see this playing out two ways either a Western 6 (or 8) forms and the excluded teams form a conference of 6 (or 8) teams or nothing happens in the short term and the status quo exists until after everyone has had a chance to adjust to the Big Ten conference.

Comment

ND would be more likely to join HE than for BC and Providence to leave it.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post

If I am right I think most student athletes dont mind missing class for hockey.

Most players go to school for hockey not school.
                    Last edited by yooper(UP) hockey; 05-13-2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

The farther you travel the more school you miss.

If I am right I think most student athletes dont mind missing class for hockey.

Most players go to school for hockey not school.
                      Good Lord, you're not that bright, are you?
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        I think you only have to see the USCHO handle to figure that out.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          You didnt know any college hockey players who skipped alot of classes? I knew many.

Comment

You didnt know any college hockey players who skipped alot of classes? I knew many.
                            Darcy Martini?

Comment

Originally posted by technohusky View Post
                              Darcy Martini?
                              I can name many from diffrent schools. Kids go to college hockey for one, two,and three years. Do these kids graduate? No

Phil Kessel went Minnesota one year and he bailed. Danny Heatly went for two seasons and he bailed. You cant tell me most of these kids play college hockey for an education.

Comment

Look i love college hockey but there something wrong with it if adding one school causes the death of many schools program. If this was any other sport people would be jumping for joy for a big time program adding there sport.

Comment

Working...
                                X