Realignment Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Realignment Rumors

Most of the schools in the CCHA is sucking off the teat of Michigan,michigan state and Ohio State

Comment

Originally posted by gophfan View Post
      Most of the schools in the CCHA is sucking off the teat of Michigan,michigan state and Ohio State
      If that is the case what is going happen to the CCHA when the Big 10 forms?

Comment

Originally posted by gophfan View Post
        Really? tOSU really kept the CCHA solvent all these years?

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
        If that is the case what is going happen to the CCHA when the Big 10 forms?
        Uhh... Welcome to six months ago. Could you do us all a favor and warn Japan about the Earthquake and Typhoon why you're time traveling please?
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

BTW, folks. No more play-ups. Effective August 1, 2011.

2010-100
          DIVISION MEMBERSHIP -- ELIMINATION OF PROVISIONAL AND MULTIDIVISIONAL MEMBERSHIP -- RECLASSIFICATION PROCESS AND MULTISPORT CONFERENCE REQUIREMENTS

20.4.1.1 Division I Member. A member of Division I may petition to be classified in football in the Bowl Subdivision or the NCAA Championship Subdivision. A member of Division II or Division III may have a sport classified in Division I, provided the sport was so classified during the 2010-11 academic year. Such a classification shall continue until the institution fails to conduct the sport in Division I in any following academic year.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            link to official document?

Comment

nothing like a good ol' act of spite
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

It won't effect hockey if the school is D-II since there is no championship in D-II.

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                  It won't effect hockey if the school is D-II since there is no championship in D-II.
                  It shouldn't but who knows for sure...
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                    Uh... no, that is completely wrong. Men's D1 hockey is not given that designation.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      Uh... no, that is completely wrong. Men's D1 hockey is not given that designation.
                      This of course brings up the question: why doesn't the NCAA just have a "collegiate" hockey championship for D-I and D-II together?
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

No new play-ups. As the part you bolded makes clear, the existing play-ups are grandfathered in.
                        Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                        Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                          No new play-ups. As the part you bolded makes clear, the existing play-ups are grandfathered in.
                          I assume that RIT would be able to move their women's program to D-I claiming based on Title 9 as could any other school with a D-I men's program but no D-I women's program.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I assume that RIT would be able to move their women's program to D-I claiming based on Title 9 as could any other school with a D-I men's program but no D-I women's program.
                            Interesting, I would think RIT might not since they are in fact playing up with no scholarships so there is no inequality by Title IX standards? As for the other DIII schools, I'm pretty sure they have to play up in something right now to be compliant with Title IX, IE Colorado College has D1 Women's Soccer. The DII schools are different because its about total scholarship athletes, not D1 athletes vs D2 athletes.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              Interesting, I would think RIT might not since they are in fact playing up with no scholarships so there is no inequality by Title IX standards? As for the other DIII schools, I'm pretty sure they have to play up in something right now to be compliant with Title IX, IE Colorado College has D1 Women's Soccer. The DII schools are different because its about total scholarship athletes, not D1 athletes vs D2 athletes.
                              Good points about the D-II schools. Besides RIT, the other D-III schools all have a D-I women's team. All except CC are in hockey. Union, like RIT, can't give scholarships, but it's women's team is D-I.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                This of course brings up the question: why doesn't the NCAA just have a "collegiate" hockey championship for D-I and D-II together?
                                BINGO!!!!

And, then start making conferences based on fiscal sanity, not "prestige". For example, combine the GLIAC and the Northern Sun hockey schools into one conference.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X