• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bronconick
    replied
    Re: Realignment Rumors

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    And that is exactly what we are hearing here about certain schools! It HAZ to be true!

I am very skeptical at this point.
    I'm really looking forwards to Rutgers, Pitt, Syracuse and Missouri starting their first year of Big Ten football this fall.

Leave a comment:

• peten16
    replied

Is that it? Michigan Teach and Lake State each have three!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by peten16 View Post
    Okay, what does it mean?
    Winning a National Championship is a nice first step.

Leave a comment:

• peten16
    replied

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Miami is a nice program. Let's not lose focus of what "premier" means....
    Okay, what does it mean?

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
    But, dude! Texas will be joining the Pac Ten with its buddies! It's a done deal, the Internet said so!
    And that is exactly what we are hearing here about certain schools! It HAZ to be true!

I am very skeptical at this point.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Right now they are premier programs. The 90's are over. I am not a Miami fan, I am a realist.
    Miami is a nice program. Let's not lose focus of what "premier" means....

Leave a comment:

• UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
    replied

ZOMGWFTBBQ the SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are the odds that all these realignment rumors will turn out exactly the college football realignment of a year ago?

Somehow I feel like that will happen.
    Congratulations on your attainment of 1 internet.

EDIT: Somehow I always suspected that tUMD winning a national championship would bring Armageddon to college hockey.
    Last edited by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing; 04-21-2011, 11:52 AM. Reason: Had to add another thought...dude.

Leave a comment:

• Runninwiththedogs
    replied

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
    At what point did Miami (before their current run of 6 NCAA appearances in the last 7 years and 2 Frozen Fours in that span, the team had just made the NCAA's twice in program history, and made it for the first time as recently as 1993 *) and Notre Dame (4 NCAA's in the last 6 years and only 1 NCAA before that, their first being in 2004 for god's sake!) become premier programs? These programs are very recent (much more recent than Maine) in their rise to prominence.

* Cue the Miami is a dynasty link...
    Let's not be silly here.

They have premier money.

Leave a comment:

• kingdobbs
    replied

What are the odds that all these realignment rumors will turn out exactly the college football realignment of a year ago?

But, dude! Texas will be joining the Pac Ten with its buddies! It's a done deal, the Internet said so!

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• peten16
    replied

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
    At what point did Miami (before their current run of 6 NCAA appearances in the last 7 years and 2 Frozen Fours in that span, the team had just made the NCAA's twice in program history, and made it for the first time as recently as 1993 *) and Notre Dame (4 NCAA's in the last 6 years and only 1 NCAA before that, their first being in 2004 for god's sake!) become premier programs? These programs are very recent (much more recent than Maine) in their rise to prominence.

Right now they are premier programs. The 90's are over. I am not a Miami fan, I am a realist.

Leave a comment:

• peten16
    replied

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
    Contrary to whatever you believe, a team could be SWEPT by Miami AND Notre Dame and still win the conference.
    Anything is possible, both that does not mean it's likely. It would to mean that Miami and ND are getting beat by other (weaker) school the rest of the season. This is an empirical fact, the departure of UM and MSU makes the path to winning the CCHA easier for any team, but the heir apparents right now are MU and ND.

I don't like this any more than you do, I am a proud Lake State Alum who attended during their golden era (89-93).

Leave a comment:

• giwan
    replied

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
    He's talking about what it would be without Michigan and MSU in the picture.
    You seem incredulous about charging for club hockey. It's not that shocking. I went to UIUC and I had season tickets for the club team. They were $40. But it's not weird or abnormal for club teams to charge.
    My point is they charge, sellout and all because they WIN. I've seen plenty of club teams not charge because they can't as almost no one shows up anyway. Winning puts people in the seats.

Leave a comment:

• moose97
    replied

Northern is inconsistently good. WMU had their first good year in a long while. They are solid, but not premier programs like ND or Miami.
    At what point did Miami (before their current run of 6 NCAA appearances in the last 7 years and 2 Frozen Fours in that span, the team had just made the NCAA's twice in program history, and made it for the first time as recently as 1993 *) and Notre Dame (4 NCAA's in the last 6 years and only 1 NCAA before that, their first being in 2004 for god's sake!) become premier programs? These programs are very recent (much more recent than Maine, which started making the NCAA's in '87 and won their first champ in '93) in their rise to prominence.

Last edited by moose97; 04-21-2011, 11:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• yooper(UP) hockey
    replied

If this was to happen; Which league would be the WCHA, new six team league or the left overs.

Wouldnt that mean the Commish of the WCHA would be leaving since he is based out of Denver?

Where would the McNaughton Cup go? What about MTU and UMD? These teams should be invited to the new league.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X