Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mel Pearson-Michigan Tech's new Coach

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
    Please Mr MTU hockey dont act like you are the only one on these boards.

You act like you own them. You post all the crap. Mr know it all.

Walmart parking lot is a prime recruiting ground because the best darn players are playing in the rinks in Mels backyard (the copper country) and he doesnt have to far to find quality players.
    No yooper, you are dead wrong. The UP is a desert of hockey recruiting. literally. If you think they have a lot of good recruits, think again. It might look like these guys are good, but they aren't. period. end of discussion. Dirty.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      No yooper, you are dead wrong. The UP is a desert of hockey recruiting. literally. If you think they have a lot of good recruits, think again. It might look like these guys are good, but they aren't. period. end of discussion. Dirty.
      The how come NMU Wildcats have kids commited to play for the 2013 season Levi Errikila a sophmore from Calumet, Brett Hekilla a Sophmore for Marquette Electrcians from Marquette and Denver Pearce for Soo All from the UP.

Also St Cloud Huskies has a Freshman last season from Kingsford who played every game last season, Kevin Gravell
      What about Jeff Finger from Hoton played at St Cloud is now played with Colorado and Toronto in the NHL.

I am missing something all these kids are going play at other colleges but cant play for tech. Some locals have gone to play for Army, Conneticut, and many others.

The best kids are from the UP and if you look who Walt Kyle has recruited for the 2013 season when the Big 10 forms he has some Yoopers tech has missed on recruiting. Feed the people who buy season tickets with more Mike Usitalos and Pat and Dave Mikeschs, Frank Kriebers, Kevin Manninens, and Miles Van Tassel, Brad Sullivan, Adrian Fure, Herb Boxer, Bruce Ruitta, Jason Moliannan, and Mike Hauswirths. Litter the roster cheap recruiting NMU has already picked up on it and Walt Kyle is a smart hockey guy.

Comment

Litter the roster cheap recruiting NMU has already picked up on it and Walt Kyle is a smart hockey guy.
        A complete list of all UP natives to play at least 1 game of Division I hockey last year--

FORWARDS
        Justin Florek, Northern Michigan (Marquette)--39 games, 14 goals
        James Gallagher, Connecticut (Marquette)--8 games, 2 goals
        Kyle Jean, Lake Superior (Sault Ste Marie)--38 games, 1 goal
        Kory Kaunisto, Northern Michigan (Sault Ste Marie)--32 games, 1 goal
        Nicholas Kosinbski, Northern Michigan (Marquette)--30 games, 3 goals

DEFENSEMEN
        Kevin Gravel, St Cloud State (Kingsford)--36 games, 6 points
        Pete Heinonen, Michigan Tech (Hancock)--14 games, 1 point
        Evan Stephens, Dartmouth (Bessemer)--34 games, 20 points

GOALIES
        none.

If a team is looking to contend for a championship, maybe 3 or 4 of these players would be capable of being regulars on their roster.

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

Don't try to knock sense into him. He's hopeless.

Comment

The how come NMU Wildcats have kids commited to play for the 2013 season Levi Errikila a sophmore from Calumet, Brett Hekilla a Sophmore for Marquette Electrcians from Marquette and Denver Pearce for Soo All from the UP.

Also St Cloud Huskies has a Freshman last season from Kingsford who played every game last season, Kevin Gravell
            What about Jeff Finger from Hoton played at St Cloud is now played with Colorado and Toronto in the NHL.

I am missing something all these kids are going play at other colleges but cant play for tech. Some locals have gone to play for Army, Conneticut, and many others.

The best kids are from the UP and if you look who Walt Kyle has recruited for the 2013 season when the Big 10 forms he has some Yoopers tech has missed on recruiting. Feed the people who buy season tickets with more Mike Usitalos and Pat and Dave Mikeschs, Frank Kriebers, Kevin Manninens, and Miles Van Tassel, Brad Sullivan, Adrian Fure, Herb Boxer, Bruce Ruitta, Jason Moliannan, and Mike Hauswirths. Litter the roster cheap recruiting NMU has already picked up on it and Walt Kyle is a smart hockey guy.
            Really? When did Dave Mikesch play for Tech? I think you mean Jeff Mikesch.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Stop. Quoting. Him. Please.

It's obvious that he is an idiot troll, probably one of the annoying NMU posters on here like 'Billy Blanks' or 'bootwaltkyle'. Some of us have put him on Ignore, and we'd rather not stumble across his posts.

Comment

So nice that Billy Blanks and his other identities have vanished. Sure hope he doesn't morph into a Tech annoyance!
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by technohusky View Post
                  I'm sitting in the lobby of the SDC right now and it seems pretty quiet.
                  Techno Monday is the big day we have all been waiting for and it is good to see that you are sitting waiting for the coach.

Hope you see JOHN SCOTT ROCKS in there hugging coach Mel and AD Sue when he arrives for work.

Also, look out in the SDC parking lot and see if the kids are playing parking lot hockey to show off there talents for coach Mel.

I think the season has already started if the local kids are looking good for coach. A missing from the puzzle for the last 30 years and PLC.

Comment

Techno Monday is the big day we have all been waiting for and it is good to see that you are sitting waiting for the coach.Hope you see JOHN SCOTT ROCKS in there hugging coach Mel and AD Sue when he arrives for work.Also, look out in the SDC parking lot and see if the kids are playing parking lot hockey to show off there talents for coach Mel.I think the season has already started if the local kids are looking good for coach. A missing from the puzzle for the last 30 years and PLC.
                    I can hardly believe that Mel Monday is finally here!!!!!!!!!! I will give JOHN SCOTT ROCKS positive rep if I see him at the SDC tomorrow because I love everyone here. I can't wait to sit with the Misfits at the games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would imagine that Mel will be very popular with the locals and secretaries who want their kids to play for Tech so they can get free school.

Comment

Apparently Mel wasn't enough to convince Ben Johnson. He's headed for Major Junior with the OHL Windsor Spitfires.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        Apparently Mel wasn't enough to convince Ben Johnson. He's headed for Major Junior with the OHL Windsor Spitfires.
                        Old news, keep up...
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Also, look out in the SDC parking lot and see if the kids are playing parking lot hockey to show off there talents for coach Mel.
                          Hockey talent can also be discovered in driveways. Mel is going to be busy.

Comment

He also needs couple AC's, SID, equipement staff, video coach(Brad Aldrich), operations assistant(Damon Whitten), goalie coach, PR guy, and training staff.
                            What about Joey Kocur for video coach?????????????? Upon his retirement from active competition, he went to work as a video coordinator for the Bowman led Red Wings. In the aftermath of the 2002 Stanley Cup, the Hall of Fame Coach specifically credited Joey’s work in the video arena as a catalyst for the Winged Wheels success during the year. Over the next 2 seasons he became a bench coach for Dave Lewis and enjoyed a record of 96 wins against 41 losses, with a win percentage of (.711) .

Comment

Ah, I see we are hoping for SuperMel to coach the D-league Pee-wee street hockey championship team and suit up for Tech next year. Of course they will be the next Lou Angotti. Every single one of them.

*palmface*

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
                                Ah, I see we are hoping for SuperMel to coach the D-league Pee-wee street hockey championship team and suit up for Tech next year. Of course they will be the next Lou Angotti. Every single one of them.

*palmface*
                                Do I have to wear the tights and the cape?
                                I hate tights...
                                I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Working...
                                X