Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mel Pearson-Michigan Tech's new Coach

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
    Last week the rumor down here was that Ben was committing to Michigan no matter who the coach is at Tech. And when he does Levi will change his commitment to Michigan as well (I think that part was/is 99.9% wishful thinking on the part of the downstate Errkilas).

Now the same people are just as sure Ben is 100% going to the Spitfires. Don't ya just love all the third hand rumors.
    Checking the Spitfire web site yesterday, I could not find where he was even drafted by them, not that that matters.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      Checking the Spitfire web site yesterday, I could not find where he was even drafted by them, not that that matters.
      Ben could really use a year or two at USHL

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
        Amen to that.

On a different subject I wonder who is the top notch defenseman that DU says they are going to sign in a week. Still playing apparently, or maybe a ntdp player.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

As did I. No news of any signings as of today on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
            If he goes that route, then it's most likely college for him.

Comment

So, are they going to have power back in Houghton in time for the press conference? What a "Welcome to Houghton" moment for Mel.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                So, are they going to have power back in Houghton in time for the press conference? What a "Welcome to Houghton" moment for Mel.
                Is Yager in town?
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Tech has it's own power as a backup. They should be fine, Tech classes aren't canceled today either.
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                    Tech has it's own power as a backup. They should be fine, Tech classes aren't canceled today either.
                    Don't even get me started on Tech's backup power.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Don't even get me started on Tech's backup power.
                      I now feel obligated to do so though...
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I need to get back into media. Not a single person asked him where his targeted recruits are coming from.
                        otherwise, I heard two very refreshing things: 1) I'm going to let the players play, and be aggressive in the offensive zone, and 2) I'm going to treat the players like professionals.
                        Last edited by geezer; 05-10-2011, 10:53 AM.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by 626575NC View Post
                          Suzanne Sanregret, way to go!! She has done what Rick Yeo (Tech Hockey Alumni) could not do. Now she needs a raise.
                          i just threw up a little bit in my mouth

Comment

Originally posted by technohusky View Post
                            i just threw up a little bit in my mouth
                            Everybody needs a raise the AD, SID, BB coaches, FB coaches and soccer coaches.

Heck the Hockey Alumni raised 2 million why not give everybody a raise.

Spread the wealth all the smart posters on the board want a chunk of the change too.

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
                              Spread the wealth all the smart posters on the board want a chunk of the change too.
                              Maybe Mel will hire a smart poster from the board as his top assistant. That would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by technohusky View Post
                                Maybe Mel will hire a smart poster from the board as his top assistant. That would be cool.
                                Great I always wanted to work for Mel and I could be his right hand man just like he was with Red.

I could recruit Ben from Calumet, take all the commited recruits from UM, and all the candian players that will come to Hoton just because it will be home for the players from Canada.

I could also be his SID and promote the heck out of MTU hockey. Let kids watch for free. Skate on the ice with Mitch night. I would promote a Kids Misfit fan club. Fill the stands with 2,000 kids every home game from Lanse, Ontonagan, and Calumet.

I could also sit with Dirk during the game and help him broadcast the games. Also, have Bob Olson back to cheer every win for the huskies.

I would also put all the jerseys in the stalls before every game and be the equipment manager in hopes of being an AD some day.

Mel and Yooper what a combo. Goodbye Red, Hello Yooper. Sounds good.

Comment

Working...
                                X