Mel Pearson-Michigan Tech's new Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mel Pearson-Michigan Tech's new Coach

I'm just waiting, if it doesn't happen, for the deluge of stuff like "I heard is was this..." or "my source said it was that."

Still waiting to hear from the Paint Store...
    Last edited by davyd83; 04-18-2011, 12:53 PM.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Is it 3:00 PM yet?

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        My guess:

Mel's offered the Tech job. Armed with leverage Mel runs back to An Arbor. Red lays down his retirement blueprint and Michigan's AD promises Mel the gig.

Tech: You just got Served.
        Then Billy goes to Tech...right?

Comment

Originally posted by pinch View Post
          Or Peter?

Comment

Originally posted by pinch View Post
            Does that mean Billy Powers was in Houghton Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
              My guess:

Mel's offered the Tech job. Armed with leverage Mel runs back to An Arbor. Red lays down his retirement blueprint and Michigan's AD promises Mel the gig.

Tech: You just got Served.
              Its Conan O'Brien all over again
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Was Conan at the Pilgrim River steakhouse Sunday?

Comment

Only if Red takes over the football program, drives the whole Michigan AD towards financial ruin, and then decides to go back to being the head hockey coach after Mel misses the NCAAs one year.

Then it would be Conan O'Brian all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                    Only if Red takes over the football program, drives the whole Michigan AD towards financial ruin, and then decides to go back to being the head hockey coach after Mel misses the NCAAs one year.

Then it would be Conan O'Brian all over again.
                    nah, Red would become the new AD...otherwise you're right...
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by yooper(UP) hockey View Post
                      Is it 3:00 PM yet?
                      Current Time: 3:00 PM..................No press conferences here at the SDC. Walked around the place and it's business as usual.

Comment

Lets get Eades signed up before the UMD opens up and he gets interested in that one instead...
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by technohusky View Post
                          Current Time: 3:00 PM..................No press conferences here at the SDC. Walked around the place and it's business as usual.
                          Go walk into Suzanne's office and ask what's going on.

Comment

Go walk into Suzanne's office and ask what's going on.
                            I don't blame Suzanne or the Athletic Department for this mess. They haven't done anything official, so technically none of this confusion was supposed to exist, we're all supposed to still be speculating on who might be a candidate, not disappointed because something hit a snag.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              I don't blame Suzanne or the Athletic Department for this mess. They haven't done anything official, so technically none of this confusion was supposed to exist, we're all supposed to still be speculating on who might be a candidate, not disappointed because something hit a snag.
                              thats why I said "ask whats going on" not "ask why the **** Mel isn't our coach yet." I don't blame her for anything, I don't really blame anyone for any of this...rumors are what they are...just frustrating to have what appeared to be good sources on all of this and now...who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                Lets get Eades signed up before the UMD opens up and he gets interested in that one instead...
                                The UMD isn't opening any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X