Mel Pearson-Michigan Tech's new Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mel Pearson-Michigan Tech's new Coach

I have it from a reliable source that the real reason the Pearson deal fell through, is that he got a call at home from Frank Wilson

Comment

Sounds like Tech is trying to sweeten the deal to make him reconsider. Somehow, I doubt it matters.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Well unfortunately information in advance gets people at home all riled up. Fade, you, jsr, and flashy need to keep your mouths shut next time please. I think the people in a2 talked him out of it. this is really unfortunate.
        Threre may have been any number of sticking points and it still may not be over yet.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Been a long time since there were any Jeffers Jets in program!
          Did you just link to another message board, in which the most recent post links to this thread?

BTW, I give ZERO credibility to a message board poster who within a couple posts of saying the Tech-Pearson deal is off, mentions that Mike Babcock will be Red's successor.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

$$$ I'm guessing
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

All Pearson needs to know is if he brings glory back to Tech, they'll name a street after him.
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                All Pearson needs to know is if he brings glory back to Tech, they'll name a street after him.
                Hell, they'd be willing to rename Lake Linden after him.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                  And Michigan can't even name their hockey rink after a hockey coach
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                    $$$ I'm guessing
                    Didnt the Huskies offer Blais............?
                    Last edited by yooper(UP) hockey; 04-18-2011, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                      $$$ I'm guessing
                      His wife could be a bigger factor than some people think too. If she doesn't want to move north, and they aren't willing to spend more time apart... *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        His wife could be a bigger factor than some people think too. If she doesn't want to move north, and they aren't willing to spend more time apart... *shrug*
                        Wives come and go. Its about time to trade up anyway.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          Well unfortunately information in advance gets people at home all riled up. Fade, you, jsr, and flashy need to keep your mouths shut next time please. I think the people in a2 talked him out of it. this is really unfortunate.
                          You're gonna blame us for the crap we spew on a message board?
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Hell, they'd be willing to rename Lake Linden after him.
                            winner!

Somebody leaked that Blais was offered $300K. True or not, how did that make Mel feel when he was asked to sign his name to $150K?
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              winner!

Somebody leaked that Blais was offered $300K. True or not, how did that make Mel feel when he was asked to sign his name to $150K?
                              Is that what we offered Mel?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                Is that what we offered Mel?
                                I have far less a clue than you. I just remembered someone posting about the 150-175 range. baseless speculation - it's what we do.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X