HC Compensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HC Compensation

These figures only represent the monies paid by the schools these coaches get money for other endorsements from local businesses to national companies like Nike and usually a free car or two from a dealer, add on speaking jobs and off season clinics the number goes up at least 25%

Comment

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
      "Jealous whiners" = anyone who criticizes DI hockey head coach compensation. Prohibit a single tax dollar from reaching any school with a DI college hockey program and the whiners won't have a leg to stand on, and the rest of us won't have to waste our time defending HC compensation. We can get on with an uninterrupted and purely esoteric consideration of DI hockey HC financial compensation.
      Oh, so you mean you. I get it.
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
        The reason I started this thread was to find out how much the Private School's pay their Head Coaches. I should have done this when I started the thread but here is what I could find on the Hockey East Coaches from State Schools:

Umile: $382K* - http://www.unionleader.com/uploads/m...NHsalaries.pdf
        Sneddon: $170K - http://www.unitedstaff.us/2010/04/21...dministration/
        Whitehead: $170K - http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/...quos-contract/

I wonder how much Dennehey makes at Merrimack? It can't be much as Merrimack is by far and away the smallest school in HE.

Parker, York, Cronin? What do those guys take home a year?

*Umile makes $80,000 more than the President of UNH.
        Out of curiousity, why do you want to know? Why would salaries of anyone at private university be made public? It's kind of personal information, isn't it?

Comment

You can probably get all the data from: http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/
          Its pretty indepth if you download the entire file.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Out of curiousity, why do you want to know? Why would salaries of anyone at private university be made public? It's kind of personal information, isn't it?
            OTOH, all of the public schools are required to publish salaries for all of their employees. Some schools data is easier to deal with than others.

When looking up Mel Peasron's Salary (he makes the same as the former tech coach), you can find a lot of info.

IIRC, the top 10 were mostly doctors, and RichRod out did the president. Red was just over $200k.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              It's the information age - what more do you need?

And it *is* interesting to know. Just look at all the concern over the B10 hockey conference. Some of it is from WCHA fans upset over losing rivalries. But a lot of it is from fans of smaller schools, concerned about the future competitive balance of what has been a fairly unique sport.

Knowing how much highly competitive private institutions spend on coaching helps to fill in a fairly large blank in the overall picture. I see no problem in asking the question.

$.02
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post

And it *is* interesting to know. Just look at all the concern over the B10 hockey conference. Some of it is from WCHA fans upset over losing rivalries. But a lot of it is from fans of smaller schools, concerned about the future competitive balance of what has been a fairly unique sport.

Knowing how much highly competitive private institutions spend on coaching helps to fill in a fairly large blank in the overall picture. I see no problem in asking the question.

$.02
                Agreed about the BT, and that concern is well founded. The cost could go up significantly. Having said that, it's the price of admission.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post

$.02
                  I agree that there's nothing wrong about asking for it... it only adds to the information about coaches salaries... now... are Jerry and Jack obligated to cough it up... no... but it'd be interesting to know. Isn't Parker also an Athletic Director? Even if we knew his salary it'd be a tough thing to separate out from that.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                  X