Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red Berenson: America's Sorest Loser

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Red Berenson and Jack Parker in a bar fight. Who wins?
    Ditka.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
      During my freshman year of undergrad I took a logic course. I seem to remember one of the basic fallacies being hasty generalizations....

way to generalize. If you would look at things with an unbiased eyes, you would see that the Michigan fan base is actually one of the classier fan bases above those of the UP which chant racist slurs at African American players or some sparty fans which sexually assault opposing female fans as the walk out of Munn.
      You forget the physical assaults on MSU fans at Yost. And the ****** you state chants from the classy MI students. The spitting on older visiting fans in the arenda. No, UM fans and students are some for the most classless fans in the game.
      "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
        Ditka.
        Angel of Death.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
          You forget the physical assaults on MSU fans at Yost. And the ****** you state chants from the classy MI students. The spitting on older visiting fans in the arenda. No, UM fans and students are some for the most classless fans in the game.
          Got proof because I know you don't. I was at that in game in section 17. The only sparty that was even close to being assaulted was Tropp after Kampfer's dad attempted to get into MSU's locker room. No sparty fans were assaulted or spit on. Thanks for lying. The only classless thing that happened from Michigan fans was the FU state chant.

liar

Last time I was at Munn, I had a drunk MSU fan get into my wife's face after sparty won in OT. All we were doing was walking out of the arena as quickly as we could because I know the reputation of drunk sparties. Do I really have to bring up cedar fest?
          Last edited by wolverine318; 04-11-2011, 08:17 AM.

Comment

shouldnt it be called Madison Round Garden??

Comment

Why do packages of hot dogs come with ten while the buns only come with eight?
              Last edited by Driftryder; 04-11-2011, 10:04 AM.
              Originally posted by CavalryNate
              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                Ditka.
                But what if the hurricane is called Hurricane Ditka?
                Last edited by state of hockey; 04-11-2011, 10:09 AM.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                  Why do packages of hot dogs come in ten while the buns only come with eight?
                  I don't know what you're talking about; the last time I saw a package of hot dogs it only had 8 in it. Granted those are the name brand ones, while the store brand still has 10.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    I don't know what you're talking about; the last time I saw a package of hot dogs it only had 8 in it. Granted those are the name brand ones, while the store brand still has 10.
                    I'll have to upgrade.
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                      I'll have to upgrade.
                      Nah, stick to the store brand. They taste just the same and cost about $2347529 less. I'll call Wonder Bread and see why they still only include 8.

Comment

Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
                        I will never forget seeing a young father leading his young son & daughter out of Yost after the student section sang/chanted
                        obscene verses. The little girl was in tears. The officials at Yost seem to think that this type of behavior is "cute". Yost is far from "fan friendly", but other schools (Cornell comes to mind) are quite similar. I remember several years ago an assistant coach
                        for an East coast D1 telling me that he cold hear the obscenities loud and clear over the radio as he traveled towards Detroit on
                        the 401.
                        What's "obscene?" How do you know that's why the girl was crying? Why have all of us who actually go to Yost on a regular basis have absolutely no clue what you people are talking about?

Comment

I will never forget seeing a young father leading his young son & daughter out of Yost after the student section sang/chanted
                          obscene verses. The little girl was in tears. The officials at Yost seem to think that this type of behavior is "cute". Yost is far from "fan friendly", but other schools (Cornell comes to mind) are quite similar. I remember several years ago an assistant coach
                          for an East coast D1 telling me that he cold hear the obscenities loud and clear over the radio as he traveled towards Detroit on
                          the 401.
                          Cornell has since "cleaned up" their chants and actively demote (or whatever the proper antonym of promote is) any cussing, but the "fan experience" is still the same.
                          Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 04-11-2011, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Just the fact that Michigan got 9 penalties and UMD only 4 tells me nothing about the officiating. Could it be that Michigan actually committed 9 infractions?
                            I think it's fairly likely that the disparity in the number of penalties called reflects the disparity in the number of penalties committed, given the shot totals and the eyeball test as to who carried the majority of the play in the game.
                            Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                            Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

wolverine - the CCHA hated us (U!N!O!)? Really? When we played at the Civic (which was most of our time in the CCHA) we sold out every game. I have no idea how the money breaks down during playoffs, but if the CCHA gets any money from playoff gates (something tells me they do), they made a killing when (insert joke here about "when") we made the playoffs. Now, did that translate when (insert same joke) we went to the Joe? Not so much because fans tended not to travel to the Joe.

It's news to me that the CCHA "hated" UNO. Not sure where you were going with that. UNO happened to get hosed when they entered the league in a few ways - one of them being the annual trip to Alaska that we got no deals on like other CCHA teams did. But that's the price you pay as a newbie entering a new conference. I enjoyed our time in the CCHA (fun playing teams like Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State - even when we got beat), but the WCHA has closer teams and fits better.
                              If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                                shouldnt it be called Madison Round Garden??
                                I wouldn't think so. I would think that the name is because the Garden is located at Madison Square, not because the "Square Garden" is located in or at Madison.
                                Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                                Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Working...
                                X