• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burd
    replied
    Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    no worse than knowing your racist and abusive t shirts, jerseys and arena are going to be banned.
    Could the NCAA go so far as to force UND to have t shirts and jerseys with vermin on them? Naw--there has to be some kind of law.

Leave a comment:

• 5mn_Major
    replied

Although it seems like the best outcome due to the overall situation. I'm bummed for the UND fans who will be missing a nickname they've had for a century and the impact on the legacy of college hockey. The puck will drop again.

Leave a comment:

• Bakunin
    replied

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Kind of you--it is hard not to bring home the hardware for that long a time. But imagine what it would be like to go two-and-a-half times that long with zippo. I'll bet it scars fans for life.
    It doesn't impact the ones like Brent that conveniently jump on the bandwagon when the title drought ends and promptly set fire to everything in Dinkytown.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

To add insult to injury, former UND grad and now United Tribes Technical College President David Gipp has joined the fray and supports the lawsuit filed by Native American students against the State.

Leave a comment:

• TheEagle
    replied

Sad day. As a native American friend of mine from the United Tribes College said when this controversy was bestowed upon UND from outside interests: "Now, we'll just be forgotten." Thank you to Ron His Horse Is Thunder and his massive ego! He laughed in the face of democracy by not letting the tribal members vote on it, and he got what he wanted. (BTW, where are the protesters? They should be calling out this injustice.) Now, the focus will be on Ron and the ****ty job he's done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X