X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    WHL is still the elephant in the rink.
    ya think so sherlock? I thought landing Jones was nonexistent but the fact that he is coming to check out the campus says that is a glimmer of hope... 1 in 20 perhaps?
    UND will be fine with or without Jones but the fact that he chose NoDak over other premium D1 programs shows how much we have to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
      ya think so sherlock? I thought landing Jones was nonexistent but the fact that he is coming to check out the campus says that is a glimmer of hope... 1 in 20 perhaps?
      UND will be fine with or without Jones but the fact that he chose NoDak over other premium D1 programs shows how much we have to offer.
      Toews was also a "sure lock" for the WHL.
      'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

I'm pretty sure signs are being made for Jones by the students. Will Everret do that? I think not. Come to UND Seth!
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Tonight's game could very well be the very last wearing the Fighting Sioux jersey. Hopefully the boys give it a proper send off with a Final Five Championship victory.

This season has been a crazy run, and was typified in the game last night. The Sioux struggled early, but thanks to a timeout and a "second half surge" North Dakota dominated the Gophers and find themselves in the title game against arch-rival Denver. Hopefully the excitement of the second half is only beginning, and it would be nice if the Sioux could bring home a couple more trophies.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

No Gregoire.
            No Hextall.
            No St Clair.
            No Miller.
            No Rodwell.
            No O'Donnell.
            No Grimaldi.
            No Dickin.

No Problem.

Comment

Whadahya mean "No Miller"? I've been around all season!
              Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
                Whadahya mean "No Miller"? I've been around all season!
                What? I thought I heard you went to the QMJHL?!?!?!
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post
                  No Gregoire.
                  No Hextall.
                  No St Clair.
                  No Miller.
                  No Rodwell.
                  No O'Donnell.
                  No Grimaldi.
                  No Dickin.

No Problem.
                  I just hope this continues.

So...do I buy an authentic black jersey now or wait and see? Someday these jerseys with the Sioux head will be worth a lot of money...do you really think they're going to be done for good?
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    I just hope this continues.

So...do I buy an authentic black jersey now or wait and see? Someday these jerseys with the Sioux head will be worth a lot of money...do you really think they're going to be done for good?
                    Jerseys? Do it for love, not money.

Comment

No I know, I have zero intentions of selling any of my hockey collections of anything. I guess I meant more in terms of, "I have a jersey from back in 2012, this things worth xxxx and I am still proud to have it. Talking to my dad about this, he even said, "I know you're not going to sell it anyways.." I guess more or less is do I want this piece of history at $250. I have the "Premier" green jersey, but wanted to get the black authentic. I just am torn, as they have the WCHA patch, which will be done in a year, and also don't have a clue of the jerseys will continue or not.
                      AF 99

Comment

My only concern at this point is whether to leave my latest (last?) blank or have a Sioux-alum put on the back. I'm thinking Toews (I can wear it as a Chicago fan), but Genoway would be a nice one to end on. Could go waaaay back and slap "Hoogsteen" on it. We'll see
                        '59, '63, '80, '82, '87, '97, '00, [BANNER PENDING]

Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by icelund View Post
                          My only concern at this point is whether to leave my latest (last?) blank or have a Sioux-alum put on the back. I'm thinking Toews (I can wear it as a Chicago fan), but Genoway would be a nice one to end on. Could go waaaay back and slap "Hoogsteen" on it. We'll see
                          I'm in the process of getting the Toews #9 A on my black nike jersey, but I don't know exactly who to have do it for me.
                          AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                            I'm in the process of getting the Toews #9 A on my black nike jersey, but I don't know exactly who to have do it for me.
                            I'm pretty sure that the Sioux Shop will do it for you with the lettering that they use on the rest of their jerseys.
                            '59, '63, '80, '82, '87, '97, '00, [BANNER PENDING]

Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

• Originally posted by icelund View Post
                              I'm pretty sure that the Sioux Shop will do it for you with the lettering that they use on the rest of their jerseys.
                              If remember correctly the Sioux shop sends out jerseys when you ask for letters.
                              "My greatest achievement."
                              Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

No Gregoire.
                                No Hextall.
                                No St Clair.
                                No Miller.
                                No Rodwell.
                                No O'Donnell.
                                No Grimaldi.
                                No Dickin.

No Problem.
                                Pretty funny when you consider that UND's entire roster, other than the top line of Kristo, Knight and Nelson, had fewer career college goals coming into this season than defenseman Justin Schultz scored these past two years. Throw in a handful of walk-ons, mix in a bunch of nickname b.s., bake for 6 months, and presto, a Broadmoor.

Here's what worries me a bit, though.

I've been pretty convinced most of the year that the WCHA is weak. Our teams got manhandled pretty good in most non-conference action, with occasional success here and there.

Sometimes when you spend 3 months playing only each other, the closeness of the competition masks this overall deficiency.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't believe UND is the 4th best team in the country right now, just like I don't believe Union is the 3rd best or Yale was a top seed last year.

I don't see us rolling through this region like we did last year. Minnesota probably has the best chance to make Tampa, just playing at home and with a lot of revenge on their minds, although I wouldn't discount W. Michigan or BU. I wouldn't be surprised to see a reprise of 1999 when no WCHA teams made the Frozen Four.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X