Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Originally posted by Goon View Post
    So how many times have you watched them play this season?

I watched them get swept by a lousy gopher team. other than Popsicle toes, mini-tebow, and dell, I didn't see much talent on the ice. and, I liked Brock's shot. I thought mini-tebow was electrifying when he had the puck. Since he isn't an overage Canadian, it's a crying shame for him to miss so many games.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
      they just lack talent, that's all.
      Originally posted by Goon View Post
      So how many times have you watched them play this season?
      Happy's right, the Sioux are not as talented this year as they have been in quite a while. But I think they will still be a competitive team come Feb.

But this year's gopher team is not lousy. They still have some of those haunting issues (focus, intensity?) but they will be a factor this year, unlike the recent past.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        From what I heard and read, many people didn't think it warranted a major. But candidly, after reading about 10 posts I had no desire to wade into the MTU-MN thread, so I'll take your word for it with respect to the opinion of MN fans.

My point is not that you should go out to acquire 5 minute majors. That's just silly. But I do think part of UND's success, really going back to the Dean Blais years, has been to play a very fast, physical game in which you finish your checks, take away time and space from the opponent, and purely as an admitted by-product of that style, take some charging, elbowing, boarding, etc..., penalties. And I don't think UND has done that yet this year.
        I see your point, but I don't agree. I think it is possible to play a hard hitting game without taking majors. Most majors are intent to injure or for one player making a bad mistake. It is possible to eliminate that and that should be the goal. Players play smart and they won't get caught in those situations. Thompson was a moron there and got caught. His track record this season doesn't help him either so we all knew it was only a matter of time.

I do agree about the MTU/MN thread. I am a little ashamed for my part in the whole thing. But sometimes you gotta feed the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
          If only Prpich or Kaip were around. They would have taken the bait.
          Taken the bait? Getting Prpich or Kaip to fight was like fishing with dynamite.
          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Nice win tonite. Its always good to win the ones you are "supposed" to win. PP was very strong - 3 PP goals. Eids played well and so did Maris. The one goal the Red Stars scored he didn't have a chance. Young players looked good. Now hopefully the injured players can heal and be ready to go against Harvard.
            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Frattin scores his 4th career goal...

******* width="640" height="383" id="embed" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000">****** name="movie" value="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" />****** name="quality" value="high" />****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />****** name="flashVars" value="hlp=8474192&event=TOR611&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/" />****** name="embed" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="383" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="hlp=8474192&event=TOR611&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/">
              Last edited by icelund; 12-20-2011, 12:46 AM.
              '59, '63, '80, '82, '87, '97, '00, [BANNER PENDING]

Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

fightingsiou***** is no more, now UNDSports.com.

However, my dream to own fightingsiou***** will have to wait a while......

Code:
                Current Registrar:	 TUCOWS.COM CO.
                IP Address:	216.58.225.150 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
                Record Type:	 Domain Name
                Server Type:	 Apache 1
                Lock Status:	 ok
                WebSite Status:	 Active

Registrant:
                 CIO Enterprise Services
                 P.O. Box 7131
                 Grand Forks, ND 58202
                 US

Domain name: FIGHTINGSIOU*****

Administrative Contact:
                    Enterprise Services, UND  und.enterprise.services@email.und.edu
                    P.O. Box 7131
                    Grand Forks, ND 58202
                    US
                    701-777-5756    Fax: 701-777-0569

Technical Contact:
                    Technologies, XOS  dnstech@xostech.com
                    601 Codisco Way
                    Sanford, FL 32771
                    US
                    407-936-0800

Registration Service Provider:
                    www.123CheapDomains.com      ---     Domain Registrations    ---   Email us when you 
                need help  ---, help@123cheapdomains.com
                    1-415-682-3859
                    http://www.123cheapdomains.com
                    Phone support available 10AM-6PM PST Mon-Fri
                    This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
                    DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.

Own A Custom Web Address For Less! 
                    $13.95/yr Domain Registration
                    ------------------------------------------------- 
                    Includes:

- Free domain forwarding / redirection
                    - Free URL Masking / Framing with Meta Tag Support
                    - Free DNS services(mx, ip, cname pointing) 
                    --------------------------------------------------

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
                 Record last updated on 05-Dec-2011.
                 Record expires on 10-Aug-2021.
                 Record created on 10-Aug-1999.

Registrar Domain Name Help Center:
                    http://tucowsdomains.com

Domain servers in listed order:
                    DNS1.XOSN.COM   
                    DNS2.XOSN.COM   

Domain status: ok
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I hope all these super conferences break away from the NCAA and take away their bread and butter.
                  "My greatest achievement."
                  Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

So what is UND doing with all their sports jerseys after this weekend? Is everyone getting new uniforms? Are they going to auction the old ones online?

I really wish it were possible that someone could keep a running count of now many places university wide the word Sioux needs to be removed/replaced and I'm talking everything from letterhead to signs to uniforms to lunch trays to pencils to clothes to you name it. Charge the NCAA $0.05 per change and ask for reimbursement. How many millions of dollars do you think that would be?

My condolences to The University of North Dakota ________________ ________________ for how spineless most of this country has become in the last few decades.

Ryan J
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      So what is UND doing with all their sports jerseys after this weekend? Is everyone getting new uniforms? Are they going to auction the old ones online?

I really wish it were possible that someone could keep a running count of now many places university wide the word Sioux needs to be removed/replaced and I'm talking everything from letterhead to signs to uniforms to lunch trays to pencils to clothes to you name it. Charge the NCAA $0.05 per change and ask for reimbursement. How many millions of dollars do you think that would be?

My condolences to The University of North Dakota ________________ ________________ for how spineless most of this country has become in the last few decades.

Ryan J
                      The UND mens team will keep wearing the Sioux logo until their new jerseys come in. Sounds like Feb is when the new ones come in.
                      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                      Eric's Twitter
                      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                        I hope all these super conferences break away from the NCAA and take away their bread and butter.
                        I wish that would happen but there are too many like minded people running America's colleges that agree with the people that run the NCAA.
                        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                        Eric's Twitter
                        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Well, that was a disappointing result for North Dakota tonight. Up 4-2 with under 10 minutes only to cough up the lead due to uninspired play. Hopefully Knight is not hurt too badly and can get back in the lineup for the 2nd half of conference play, and it would be nice to get Lammy back as well (along with several others). Dell gave up on the game tying goal. I understand getting your glove knocked off throws a person off, but he needs to at least put himself in correct position.

Oh well, it was nice seeing all four goals scored by Freshmen. Nelson and Kristo had their chances as well, but were unable to put the puck in the net. Hopefully the upperclassmen lead the team tomorrow to a win. It will be extremely necessary for Pairwise purposes. Right now we are 2-1-2 in non-conference play. We have a chance to turn that into 4-1-2 which is pretty good. At this point though, I wouldn't mind seeing us stay healthy for a weekend...seems like the injury bug has really hurt us this year.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            Well, that was a disappointing result for North Dakota tonight. Up 4-2 with under 10 minutes only to cough up the lead due to uninspired play. Hopefully Knight is not hurt too badly and can get back in the lineup for the 2nd half of conference play, and it would be nice to get Lammy back as well (along with several others). Dell gave up on the game tying goal. I understand getting your glove knocked off throws a person off, but he needs to at least put himself in correct position.

Oh well, it was nice seeing all four goals scored by Freshmen. Nelson and Kristo had their chances as well, but were unable to put the puck in the net. Hopefully the upperclassmen lead the team tomorrow to a win. It will be extremely necessary for Pairwise purposes. Right now we are 2-1-2 in non-conference play. We have a chance to turn that into 4-1-2 which is pretty good. At this point though, I wouldn't mind seeing us stay healthy for a weekend...seems like the injury bug has really hurt us this year.
                            I was surprised to see this score and even more surprised to hear that the Crimson came back from 4-2. What happened to Corbin?
                            23-You going to the AF game tomorrow night?
                            Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                              I was surprised to see this score and even more surprised to hear that the Crimson came back from 4-2. What happened to Corbin?
                              23-You going to the AF game tomorrow night?
                              I believe Knight re aggravated the same injury that he had, and the coaches decided to play it safe.

I was going to go, but two things happened that I didn't count on. One, there are no more tickets available for the series (at least not through Air Force when I checked about 3-4 days ago), and second, my in-laws scheduled our traditional New Years Eve "Brunch" at 4:30pm in Sedalia. At this point, even if I did get tickets, I'm not sure if I would have enough time after dinner to get from Sedalia to the Academy without missing a significant portion of the game. I always enjoy the Air Force games against DU or CC at the Academy, but it doesn't look like it is meant to be this year.
                              North Dakota

Comment

So the National is announcing their commish on Wednesday, and the rumor is that they will also announce a 16-game TV deal with CBS College Sports. That would be a big score for the conference.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X