Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    the young man's father had a bag full of UND clothing, etc..., he had picked up in the Sioux shop.
    A good sign!
    sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Frattin beats Marty Brodeur with a beauty for his 3rd of the season...

******* width="640" height="383" id="embed" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000">****** name="movie" value="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" />****** name="quality" value="high" />****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />****** name="flashVars" value="catid=802&id=140333&server=http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/" />****** name="embed" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="383" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="catid=802&id=140333&server=http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/">

Through defenders, around defenders, Fratts makes it happen
      Last edited by icelund; 12-08-2011, 06:12 PM.
      '59, '63, '80, '82, '87, '97, '00, [BANNER PENDING]

Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

The frattin goal was sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
          You do realize that 10yr mark is approaching oh so quickly for your program right? Also, those two NCs only count as one each so you are still behind us and Wisconsin in the title race. But who knows, maybe you'll make the F5 this year?
          Man.....I was having trouble determining that two NC's in back to back years WITHIN the last 10 years...counted as one each. And they are NC which is truly the measure of excellence in College Hockey correct? I would have to think so because ND fans seem to usually fire back with all of the NC's they have compared to the other WCHA teams.

Comment

Originally posted by icelund View Post
            Pride or stupidity, you be the judge.

Even worse......I am pretty sure at least two of those players have never had cause to celebrate any goals other than from the stands or from the bowels of Mariucci. We've got spirit......yes we do......we've got spirit....but you would never see something this stupid from the Siou.......ND.

Comment

Originally posted by Gphrpkhead View Post
              Even worse......I am pretty sure at least two of those players have never had cause to celebrate any goals other than from the stands or from the bowels of Mariucci. We've got spirit......yes we do......we've got spirit....but you would never see something this stupid from the Siou.......ND.

the hicks from UND can't figure out how to use a video camera, so of course there would never be a student produced team video to make fun of.
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                the hicks from UND can't figure out how to use a video camera, so of course there would never be a student produced team video to make fun of.
                This is rich coming from a Gopher fan considering UMTC players didn't know how to use a video camera until they saw Brad Miller Time. Which is a student produced team video. However, once the UMTC athletic officials saw how god awful the Gopher player video was, they decided that Fox Sports North would produce future video. Hence, how that joke of a segment where a Gopher player interviews another player in the penalty box came into existence. It's alright though, copying what another team has been doing is very common.
                Last edited by SiouxFanatic; 12-11-2011, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Always worth a smile to hear a Minnesotan holding forth on hickdom.

Comment

*SPOILERS*

No dancing.
                    '59, '63, '80, '82, '87, '97, '00, [BANNER PENDING]

Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Kind of funny that our nation celebrates what is essentially the fighting sioux logo on the side of a WW1 airplane and that's fine, but when it's on someone's chest its not fine?
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Q: How can you tell if a gopher fan is married?

A: If there is dried up chew spit on the passenger side of the truck the driver has found love.
                        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                          Q: How can you tell if a gopher fan is married?

A: If there is dried up chew spit on the passenger side of the truck the driver has found love.
                          This could be fun...

A Gopher fan, a Wisconsin fan, and a North Dakota fan all head into the restroom at the Final Five (just assume that the Gophers and Wisconsin are actually playing at the Final Five for the purposes of this joke). The Gopher fan finishes, and just starts using a tremendous amount of water and soap, saying "I went to the University of Minnesota where they taught us to make sure to scrub our hands thoroughly after going to the bathroom." The Badger fan finishes, and uses just a tiny bit of water and a half of a paper towel, saying "I went to the University of Wisconsin where they taught us to be conscious of using our natural resources." The Sioux fan finishes, and just walks out of the bathroom. Astonished, the Badger and Gopher fan question the Sioux fan when they meet up with him in the concourse. The Sioux fan says "I went to the University of North Dakota. They taught us not to pee on our hands."

Q: Why do Gopher fans hang their diploma from the rear-view mirror?

A: So they can park in handicapped parking.

North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            This could be fun...

A Gopher fan, a Wisconsin fan, and a North Dakota fan all head into the restroom at the Final Five (just assume that the Gophers and Wisconsin are actually playing at the Final Five for the purposes of this joke). The Gopher fan finishes, and just starts using a tremendous amount of water and soap, saying "I went to the University of Minnesota where they taught us to make sure to scrub our hands thoroughly after going to the bathroom." The Badger fan finishes, and uses just a tiny bit of water and a half of a paper towel, saying "I went to the University of Wisconsin where they taught us to be conscious of using our natural resources." The Sioux fan finishes, and just walks out of the bathroom. Astonished, the Badger and Gopher fan question the Sioux fan when they meet up with him in the concourse. The Sioux fan says "I went to the University of North Dakota. They taught us not to pee on our hands."

Q: Why do Gopher fans hang their diploma from the rear-view mirror?

A: So they can park in handicapped parking.

Worse yet when you consider that all gopher fans sit to pee.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              worse yet when you consider that all gopher players sit to pee.
                              fyp

Comment

And with that, we end the first half of the season. I see the exhibition game next weekend as nothing more than a chance for some of the new kids to see some ice time, and more particularily, special teams time.

I guess the team finished about where I thought they would, sitting in the 5-6 position, fighting for home ice. It's a position I think we'll see them in during most of the second half.

I did not foresee the big hole they'd have to climb out of beginning in late November. But credit to the coaching staff and players for at least putting themselves in a position where a good second half will land them in the dance.

I would say my keys for the second half would be as follows.

1. Regain our health. We've started to see some guys banged up in the last 4-6 weeks, and more importantly, key guys. The break comes at a good time for us. We're going to need guys like Rocco, Corban, etc..., in the line up every night if we hope to make a run.

2. Continued improvement from the 4-5 freshmen who have seen a lot of ice time. O'Donnell, MacMillan, Parks, and Gaarder have provided some enthusiasm and are starting to show they can play in the league. It will really help if we can see a couple of those guys pop 8 goals or so during the second half.

3. Aaron Dell will have to play the way he has for the past month and a half. He's been terrific. We're going to lose some of those 1-0 and 2-1 games just because we aren't that deep offensively. But we've been in every game these past 5-6 weeks and it's primarily been due to Aaron.

4. I would really like to see the team play more physical. I don't want to say that we play "soft", but at times it seems we do. There is a fine line between playing the way you need to be successful and just taking needless penalties. I thought this weekend we picked it up a bit, but that was primarily in response to the hitting done by UNO. Blais' comments before Friday's game to Tim on the radio were dead on. You really don't want to be 11th or 12th in the league in penalties, like these two teams are. That shows you're not playing physical enough. I don't believe we've been a sufficiently hard team to play against yet this year. If we can straighten that out, then I think this team is capable of putting together a nice run in the WCHA playoffs, making the NCAA's, and then, who knows.

The nice thing about this year in college hockey is that it doesn't appear there are any dominant teams. Frankly, I think the WCHA is made up of pretty average teams, maybe with the exception of Duluth. I do think Denver will be better, and I expect Michigan will be tough, especially if Merrill returns. I'm sure BC will be tough as always, but this could very easily be the year a team comes from nowhere to win the championship.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X