Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
    So all those years of 7>5 meant nothing? That's all we've been hearing for the last 10+ years. What's changed now?
    Unfortunately for both schools, once it went to 7>5, nothing has changed.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Donald started a thread The WCHA VS. B1G/NCHC. I'm to lazy to do the work so I'm asking FS23 to satisfy my curiousity. What are the records now?
      "My greatest achievement."
      Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
        and here I thought that Tdon had won 2 national championships, while Hakstool had never won any. You guys used to be proud, now you look stupid.
        Pride or stupidity, you be the judge.

'59, '63, '80, '82, '87, '97, '00, [BANNER PENDING]

Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

every time I see that I think to myself how awesome it is that UND never did that

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
            every time I see that I think to myself how awesome it is that UND never did that
            Every time? How often do you watch that? *sniff sniff* Could that be Obsession?

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
              True, but it is hard to celebrate when you haven't won anything in over 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                True, but it is hard to celebrate when you haven't won anything in over 10 years.
                You do realize that 10yr mark is approaching oh so quickly for your program right? Also, those two NCs only count as one each so you are still behind us and Wisconsin in the title race. But who knows, maybe you'll make the F5 this year?
                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Good thing i'm not a gopher fan. Seeing that video would have to force me to reconsider.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                    You do realize that 10yr mark is approaching oh so quickly for your program right? Also, those two NCs only count as one each so you are still behind us and Wisconsin in the title race. But who knows, maybe you'll make the F5 this year?

not during my life time.
                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by dolan View Post
                      Good thing i'm not a gopher fan. Seeing that video would have to force me to reconsider.

we wouldn't want you. good thing, too.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

not during my life time.
                        Come on Happy, the Gophers are pretty good this year and should make the F5 this or next year. Show some confidence in your team!
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

not during my life time.
                          Well your life is an assumption in itself since all of us are convinced you are actually a vagina with a voice box.
                          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                            Every time? How often do you watch that? *sniff sniff* Could that be Obsession?
                            I can tell you are a bit slow but you are posting that in a North Dakota thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              On a side note, on Saturday night I sat with some family members in a different section, across from our usual seats. It looked like a young man/recruit was taking in the game with his family. I don't know who it was, but during one of the intermissions I think Grimaldi came up and sat with the recruit, introduced himself, and spent 5-10 minutes chatting him up. Two positives that I noted were that Grimaldi wasn't walking with a limp, at least as far as I could tell, and the young man's father had a bag full of UND clothing, etc..., he had picked up in the Sioux shop.
                              Do you sit in Sec. 106? That is where I sit and I was next to Nick Mattson's dad who got the last seat in the row. Nice guy, some good hockey conversation.
                              'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
                                Do you sit in Sec. 106? That is where I sit and I was next to Nick Mattson's dad who got the last seat in the row. Nice guy, some good hockey conversation.
                                Our season tickets are in 106. However, on that Saturday night I was sitting with some family members in the opposite corner, 114 as I recall.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X