University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

If I had known the guys just needed some cold weather and snow to play this well, I would have ordered it up a couple months ago!
    sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
      How is that going to work for the Goofer series in January? Will they say "Here's your University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Scoring"? We will still have the Sioux logo for that series.
      I heard on the nightly news that the hockey team will likely wear the Sioux jerseys for the rest of the season, because it will take that long to get the new ones. I wonder if the new ones will be ready for the NCAAs if the team should happen to make it that far?
      sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
        I heard on the nightly news that the hockey team will likely wear the Sioux jerseys for the rest of the season, because it will take that long to get the new ones. I wonder if the new ones will be ready for the NCAAs if the team should happen to make it that far?
        Well, if we make the NCAA Tournament, we cannot wear our current jerseys. I heard that the new jerseys will arrive by the end of February.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
          What will the team that has no name be called after Jan 1st?

Flatlanders
          Oilers
          Canadians
          Nervous Sheep

None of the above? All of the above?
          the flying lawnmowers

Comment

So do I buy an authentic black home one before they're discontinued as a piece of history? Or do I wait until they come back with the new ones and spend the money on that?
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              So do I buy an authentic black home one before they're discontinued as a piece of history? Or do I wait until they come back with the new ones and spend the money on that?
              The obvious answer is you buy both.

Given the two options, I would buy the black authentic...they won't be around that much longer. You will be able to buy the new ones next year.
              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                The obvious answer is you buy both.

Given the two options, I would buy the black authentic...they won't be around that much longer. You will be able to buy the new ones next year.
                If I had the money I'd easily buy both. Still think a jersey at $250 is absurd.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                  the flying lawnmowers
                  or The Elevator ****ers.
                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                  Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                    or The Elevator ****ers.
                    Hopefully they'll be able to continue their longstanding rivalry with Don Lucia's historic Minnesota golf squad.
                    Last edited by icelund; 12-04-2011, 07:49 PM.
                    '59, '63, '80, '82, '87, '97, '00, [BANNER PENDING]

Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by icelund View Post
                      Hopefully they'll be able to continue their longstanding rivalry with Don Lucia's historic Minnesota golf squad.
                      Love it. But ya see tDon usually schedules cupcakes for non conference games and of course the Sioux are far from that.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        Another week, another sweep. Somewhat quietly, North Dakota is tied for 4th in the standings after being tied for 10th just 10 days ago.
                        It's been a nice climb from the bottom, although realistically speaking we're still only in 6th place, with the two Colorado schools having games in hand.

This weekend is a very important one. Need to get as many conference points at home as you can. Also, we figure to be battling with UNO for home ice and this is our shot at them.

Another key for the Sioux will be to see how the freshmen handle the break. It's not unusual to see freshmen laden teams in this league struggle out of the gate in the second half, and even struggle for the entire second half of conference play. They can have a tendency to lose focus over a two week holiday break, and the rigors of the WCHA conference grind starts to add up. As nice as it's been to see the team start to make some improvement, there is still a long way to go.

On another note, I was looking at some of the stats pages over the weekend. UND is 11th in the WCHA in penalty minutes/game, and we don't even make the top 40 in the country in penalty minutes per game. When was the last time that happened?
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by icelund View Post

and here I thought that Tdon had won 2 national championships, while Hakstool had never won any. You guys used to be proud, now you look stupid.
                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                            and here I thought that Tdon had won 2 national championships, while Hakstool had never won any. You guys used to be proud, now you look stupid.
                            What's period blood red, **** yellow, and hasn't been to the NCAA tournament in 3 years?
                            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                              What's period blood red, **** yellow, and hasn't been to the NCAA tournament in 3 years?
                              So all those years of 7>5 meant nothing? That's all we've been hearing for the last 10+ years. What's changed now?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                                So all those years of 7>5 meant nothing? That's all we've been hearing for the last 10+ years. What's changed now?
                                We haven't won a title in awhile...duh!

Fanbases will always look to what they have an advantage in when arguing who is better. It's the same reason why we have heard for the past 10+ years how the Gophers have the slightly better record All-Time against North Dakota. Both programs are basically equal, and they each have their strong points. Trust me, if the Gophers were to win the next three titles, yet drop the All-Time series record, I'm pretty sure we'd hear how 8>7 and you would hear how the Sioux have the all-time series record. It is part of what makes this rivalry so great and unique. These teams are basically identical in their success.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X