Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    You are fooling yourself about the best matchup in the league, the best matchup for UND right now would be AA and Mankato, not CC. It is a real good thing UND is a second half team, because Hakstool doesn't seem be able to coach a talentless team any better than he did his talented teams. At least you don't have any worries of a FF choke again.
    You completely misunderstood my post.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      You completely misunderstood my post.

yeah, I realized it after I had already typed it. why let an otherwise good post go to waste.
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

yeah, I realized it after I had already typed it. why let an otherwise good post go to waste.
        Fair enough.
        North Dakota

Comment

You are fooling yourself about the best matchup in the league, the best matchup for UND right now would be AA and Mankato, not CC. It is a real good thing UND is a second half team, because Hakstool doesn't seem be able to coach a talentless team any better than he did his talented teams. At least you don't have any worries of a FF choke again.
          Did you forget to take your meds today? Really, you're going to chirp on a UND thread when your team is leading the WCHA? Holy Cow! There is something wrong with you...
          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
          Eric's Twitter
          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
            Did you forget to take your meds today? Really, you're going to chirp on a UND thread when your team is leading the WCHA? Holy Cow! There is something wrong with you...
            Give the guy a break, or a dollar.....

*****http://cisconinjanc.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/homeless-man-goes-online14.jpg******
            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post

some bunch of goon UND fans taught me to kick a rival when they are down. this seems like a good time to do it.
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

some bunch of goon UND fans taught me to kick a rival when they are down. this seems like a good time to do it.
                That would explain why I ran through 4 pairs of steel toe boots over the last three years.
                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Well, what a game. At the very least, this Sioux team will not be easy to beat. North Dakota showed what they can do offensively tonight, and the Sioux got a lot of help from our underclassmen tonight. While they may not show up a lot on the scoreboard, Michael Parks and Mark MacMillan played very well. It was nice to see Joe Gleason back at defense, and he was far more explosive from the blueline than he has been up front. There was a lot of puckluck in favor of the offenses this evening, as both CC and North Dakota benefited from a couple nice bounces to score goals. Eidsness played well in net after Dell got pulled, which was nice to see. I didn't think we would take two points this weekend, so I am already pleased with the results. A win on Saturday could be the early sign that the Sioux are back. We were also a whole lot more physical tonight than the past few games I have seen. I'm not saying that we're a top team in the country...far from it, but it was nice to see the Sioux play a solid game, and beat a very good CC team.

A win tomorrow would be huge, but the win tonight was very nice.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Well, what a game. At the very least, this Sioux team will not be easy to beat. North Dakota showed what they can do offensively tonight, and the Sioux got a lot of help from our underclassmen tonight. While they may not show up a lot on the scoreboard, Michael Parks and Mark MacMillan played very well. It was nice to see Joe Gleason back at defense, and he was far more explosive from the blueline than he has been up front. There was a lot of puckluck in favor of the offenses this evening, as both CC and North Dakota benefited from a couple nice bounces to score goals. Eidsness played well in net after Dell got pulled, which was nice to see. I didn't think we would take two points this weekend, so I am already pleased with the results. A win on Saturday could be the early sign that the Sioux are back. We were also a whole lot more physical tonight than the past few games I have seen. I'm not saying that we're a top team in the country...far from it, but it was nice to see the Sioux play a solid game, and beat a very good CC team.

What, you didn't think the Sioux would allow 6 goals and win? There was a lot of puckluck both ways, and for a change, we got the better of it. I'm wondering what happened to winning with good defense. They didn't play bad but could have done much better. Blood's missed clearing pass toward the end of the game is a good example. But that's not a play he makes 99% of the time. It certainly was one of the best games they have played this year, in spite of the score. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come!
                    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Sounds like a nutty game. I suspect CC will bounce back tomorrow. We don't want them too hungry next Friday.
                      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                        Sounds like a nutty game. I suspect CC will bounce back tomorrow. We don't want them too hungry next Friday.
                        Are you saying that you want CC to win? I was as impressed with offense as I was disappointed with defense... that said, I am more than pleased with the results tonight.

Comment

Well, I don't think anyone really thought the Sioux would leave this weekend with four points, but here we are. Here are my thoughts on the weekend...

1. North Dakota played its best series of the year. Obvious, but true. We played fairly well defensively despite the score, and we got production from all four lines. If they play like this the rest of the way, we won't have to be too worried about missing the NCAA Tournament.

2. Colorado College is the best team we have played this season. The Tigers played great, and they deserved far better than heading back to the Springs with nothing to show for it. Offensively, there isn't another team that I have seen that comes close to the Tigers. They have a few defensive issues, and Thorimbert did not play all that well Friday, but my goodness are they talented. If it wasn't for how well North Dakota played, CC probably puts up 10 goals on Friday, and a half dozen tonight. Fortunately for the Sioux, we played very well.

3. Special Teams - Our PP and PK units won this series for North Dakota. The Sioux went 4-11 on the PP, and held CC to 3-10 on the PK, plus we got the all-important SHG by Kristo. 70% normally is not good on the pk, but CC is not the normal team. Their powerplay was amazing, and the Sioux stepped up both nights when they had to on the PK.

4. Top Line - I don't know if the Knight-Nelson-Kristo line is the top line in the country, but I don't know what other line is better. Those three were men amongst boys this weekend. If they keep that kind of play up, it will be fun to watch.

5. Breakout Weekend - Finally! The Sioux were able to get offense from each of their four lines, and several people stepped up this weekend. Rowney and Rodwell played their best weekend of the season thus far, and Michael Parks played great. Mark MacMillan and Brendan O'Donnell also proved that they can skate with the big boys. Joe Gleason had a solid weekend, and it was obvious to me that he is far more explosive from the blue line than from up front.

It was a bit disappointing giving up 9 goals on the weekend, but I don't think Dell had a chance on most of those. The highlight in net was Eidsness coming in on Friday and getting the win. I feel comfortable with our situation in net now, and if Dell is having an off night, I have confidence that Eidsness can step in and provide a spark to the team. We made plenty of mistakes defensively, but I think a lot of those were based on the fact that CC forced us into mistakes. There is still a long way to go, and plenty of room to improve, but this was a huge weekend for the Sioux. After the debacle that was Sunday at Bemidji, North Dakota responded and took care of business. As I said before, if we play like this the rest of the way, North Dakota will not have to worry about making the NCAA Tournament. CC is arguably the best team in the country, and they played extremely well this weekend. The Sioux just played better. Awesome job this weekend...now, let's get ready for Anchorage!
                          North Dakota

Comment

So much for my theory on CC bouncing back. Rylan Fricking Schwartz is amazing. Back to back hat tricks. When has that been done?
                            Not surprised to see you guys getting it together as December approaches. Note to scheduler of new conference. DU wants Sioux in October.
                            Go Pioneers!

Comment

So you gonna kick your own rodents now since they are the team down?
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I like the direction this team is going now. Last monday not so much. It looks to me that the shutout against Bemidji woke the boys up especially the freshman. They are starting to adjust to the WCHA and doing it against a dang good CC team is a good sign. Kristo was a man posessed all weekend as was his linemates. Obviously still have to tighten up the D a bit but that CC team is the most explosive team the Sioux have played all year. To hold them to 3 saturday night is a fairly decent accomplishment. Onward to december and may the roll continue.
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X