University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

any UND fans know if it's worth purchasing tonight's game on your website? is the quality any good?
    Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
      any UND fans know if it's worth purchasing tonight's game on your website? is the quality any good?
      Quality is usually pretty good. I would say that it is better than most webcasts, at least college hockey ones. If you have Fox College Sports, or DirecTV w/sports pack, it will be on there (channel 617 on DirecTV).
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

lots of super sloppy passes tonight but the w is all that matters this early... Kristo and Knight look like they are in mid-season form and Blood's wrister was a thing of beauty. Go Sioux!

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
          lots of super sloppy passes tonight but the w is all that matters this early... Kristo and Knight look like they are in mid-season form and Blood's wrister was a thing of beauty. Go Sioux!
          Yeah, the goalie was completely screened, but it was a nice shot. Hopefully the team continues to improve tonight. I'm sure Hakstol wasn't too thrilled with allowing 31 shots on goal. We already got at least one win, and hopefully they can get the sweep tonight.
          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Quality is usually pretty good. I would say that it is better than most webcasts, at least college hockey ones. If you have Fox College Sports, or DirecTV w/sports pack, it will be on there (channel 617 on DirecTV).
            Tonight's game is on DIRECTV FCS but will viewed on Ch. 623.

Comment

Nice to see the team with a W, and nice to see Brad do well between the pipes. We're going to need some good goaltending this year, especially early in the season, to rack up the wins.
              sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

OK, so Eids lets in 1 goal in a 3-1 win. Dell lets in 3 in a 3-3 tie. Who starts next week?
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                  OK, so Eids lets in 1 goal in a 3-1 win. Dell lets in 3 in a 3-3 tie. Who starts next week?
                  I didn't see all of the game on Friday, but what I saw of Eidsness, he was very sharp. Dell played well, and made some key stops and crucial times. I'd go with the same rotation next week, assuming that all else is equal in practice this week.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Good luck to UND the rest of the way, I'll be in Tampa, hopefully Maine and UND will be there Actually I have no illusions Maine will be there but maybe UND
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                      Maine converted a couple chances Saturday that they didn't on Friday. Dell had no chance on at least two of the goals ... cross ice passes to a wide open one-timer.

Big question in my mind is how long will it take for us to improve our backchecking and own zone coverage ... Once we get that settled, we will be dang tough to play against. In the meantime its painful to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        I didn't see all of the game on Friday, but what I saw of Eidsness, he was very sharp. Dell played well, and made some key stops and crucial times. I'd go with the same rotation next week, assuming that all else is equal in practice this week.
                        It is nice to have two very good goalies - it would be OK to see them both play.

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Good luck to UND the rest of the way, I'll be in Tampa, hopefully Maine and UND will be there Actually I have no illusions Maine will be there but maybe UND
                        I will look forward to meeting you.

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post
                        Maine converted a couple chances Saturday that they didn't on Friday. Dell had no chance on at least two of the goals ... cross ice passes to a wide open one-timer.

Big question in my mind is how long will it take for us to improve our backchecking and own zone coverage ... Once we get that settled, we will be dang tough to play against. In the meantime its painful to watch.
                        Hopefully the improvement comes in a hurry!
                        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

I'll take a win and a tie, it sure beats last year's result! 2-1-1 to start the season, against some quality competition, isn't bad. Hopefully this team can build from here and improve over the course of the season. I really like that the guys were able to come from behind on both nights against Maine to get "points" (yeah, it was non-conference).

And what the heck happened with Michigan Tech/Wisconsin!?
                          Last edited by ecbrevik; 10-16-2011, 10:46 AM.
                          sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

I think the Sioux need to get back to their "winning ways" as well. This normally evolves over the course of a season as we have seen over the last few years. Perhaps a few trips here and their (just make sure it's not too obvious). Be careful not to be too abrupt with these cheap shots. Let the officials get used to the style of play so they will be less inclined to call a penalty. As the season progresses, add roughing and boarding to the mix. Most importantly, make sure that the opponents top player is taken out of the game early with an elbow to the head or even a checking from behind. P.S. (as in popsicle) Keep your shoes on!

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                              After all the early season speculation about UND not being able to produce points I think last weekend was a nice step back from that ledge after tSioux put up 6 tallies against solid competition. I believe Saturday night's game would have produced more scoring if they had played a bit more composed in the defensive zone (not just the d-men but the Fs and Dell). Maine pounded UND last year but they were also whistled for penalties like checking, passing, and carrying the puck too quickly which I don't see happening this weekend. Also, with the exception of Mario and Nelson no one has quite grasped the "reckless abandon" style play our fanbase has become accustomed to watching.
                              Maine is a very tough team to play against and they have a lot of skilled players, this past weekend's game were character. Sioux (us) need to give Maine some credit, they could have won both games and a young team took 3 of 4 points this weekend. Not too bad...
                              Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                              Eric's Twitter
                              The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                                I'll take a win and a tie, it sure beats last year's result! 2-1-1 to start the season, against some quality competition, isn't bad.
                                Good points and a good start to the season...
                                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                                Eric's Twitter
                                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Working...
                                X