• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
    Random, drive-by question for UND fans.

Is this still on the wall at REA?
    http://dl.dropbo*****/u/5019042/Mottau_Gets_Burned.jpg

sorry, big pic, not posting directly in the thread.
    It sure is!
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by PenaltyBoxBeast View Post
      Just thought I would drop by and let you guys know that Brad Malone, now with the Avalanche, looked fantastic tonight in the Burgundy/White game the Avs have very year. Malone scored a wonderful breakaway goal and is have an overall great camp. He's had a fight already in camp, and has been a consistent force already. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts the team on the Avs fourth line.
      That was a fun game to watch. Malone also had a couple of other chances in close late in the 3rd period. You could tell the guys were really getting into it, despite it only being a scrimmage.

Comment

So where's our gift basket?
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Skeeterman has already received a pie on our behalf. Very thoughtful welcoming gift.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
            It sure is!
            May it continue to jinx you
            Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              So where's our gift basket?
              I'm sure it is on its way. It is full of beets and a imitation "Gwoz hairpiece"!
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Some unfortunate news, Grimaldi will not be playing in the game against Regina. Colten St. Clair also won't be playing.

WCHA preseason rookie of the year Rocco Grimaldi has an undisclosed leg injury and will not play Saturday against the University of Regina. Grimaldi is listed as week to week.

UND also may be without Colten St. Clair, who is being held up by the NCAA Clearinghouse. UND coach Dave Hakstol said the compliance staff is working hard to get that resolved.
                Link: http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=88432

Ugh, very unfortunate for Grimaldi. I hope the injury isn't too serious and that he'll be ready to go for the Ice Breaker Tournament. As for St. Clair, hopefully that gets figured out.
                Last edited by SiouxFanatic; 09-28-2011, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                  Some unfortunate news, Grimaldi will not be playing in the game against Regina. Colten St. Clair also won't be playing.

Ugh, very unfortunate for Grimaldi. I hope the injury isn't too serious and that he'll be ready to go for the Ice Breaker Tournament. As for St. Clair, hopefully that gets figured out.
                  Hopefully he gets better and fast. We're going to need all the scoring we can get early in the season. I had heard that it was a knee issue, and the guess was about 1-2 weeks.

I keep trying to cool my expectations with this team, especially early in the season, but having not watched a game since April...it is tough
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post

Crap, the main reason i was looking forward to that game was to see Rocco skate...

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      Hopefully he gets better and fast. We're going to need all the scoring we can get early in the season. I had heard that it was a knee issue, and the guess was about 1-2 weeks.
                      It sounds like they were hoping to have him back by the Icebreaker...that would be huge.
                      The Sioux have a tough opening schedule with the Icebreaker followed by Maine and UW...so hopefully Rocco is only out for the Regina exhibition.
                      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I know he's graduated, but I'm surprised there's no chatter about Frattin's shot with the Leafs.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

there is on SiouxSports.com

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                            there is on SiouxSports.com
                            From the looks of it, he is going to have a pretty good shot at making the club. It will be a lot of fun to see what he does in the NHL if that is the case.

Also, Aaron Dell (1st Team) and Ben Blood (2nd Team) were named Preseason All-Americans by College Hockey Weekly.

http://collegehockeyweekly.com/Team-of-the-Week.html

North Dakota was ranked 7th in their Preseason Power Rankings
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Brock Nelson looks like a very improved player.
                              He's going to have a monster year, especially if that Knight/Kristo/Nelson line stays together. They looked good.

A couple of the freshmen have good speed and played well. Mattson looks good on defense.
                              Insert Grimaldi on that 2nd line and we're golden.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

A brief FYI for NoDak fans. Yesterday the Colorado Avalanche sent Brad Malone to its AHL affiliate--the Lake Erie Monsters--to begin the season. Malone had been trying to make the Avs' opening night roster as the team's fourth line center. It's likely he'll spend some time on the NHL roster at some point during the season.
                                Last edited by A Shot and a Goal; 10-03-2011, 09:26 AM.
                                sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Working...
                                X