Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    See, that's the problem with UND fans these days...no sense of humor at all.

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/images.jpg******
    That or it could be that your version of humor is terrible.

Comment

You don't seem to understand my post at all. I'm not talking about statutes, I'm referring to the tribal council as a governing institution that acts on behalf of the people. Some tribal councils have long sought to function according to democratic principles (separation of powers, legislative body, legal precedents, etc.). These are socio-political hybrid structures that have contextually developed in the past several decades as attempts to interact with governing powers of the State and Federal government. However, the historical and authentic tribal government structures as recognized sovereign and self governing entities are coming more into vogue today and are based upon specific ethnic, religious and linguistic distinctions. This departure from the Greco-Roman government structures is in a sense a statement of protest itself and a return to authentic Native American tribal leadership.

That's why so many are puzzled when they read accounts indicating they don't have time to discuss the nickname issue or it's too expensive to bring the issue to a vote. Of course they have time and I'm sure if there was any willingness to change whatsoever the money would suddenly appear. But that is simply their way of publically "saving face" and retaining their "honor" and it essentially means they will NEVER, and I mean NEVER change their stance on the nickname. The UND constituency, and college sports (i.e. ice hockey) mean very little in terms of their intrinsic worldview. Make no mistake about it, they invoke their ancestor spirits and the answer has been deposited in their etheric soul which constitutes the core understanding of their ontology of self.

That's what basically happened in April with the following tribes. LEADERS (not the entire tribes) of 11 out of the 16 northern Great Plains tribes or 69% also voted to reaffirm their support of the NCAA's policy calling for elimination of American Indian nicknames, logos and mascots at member colleges and universities. Nine of them are Sioux tribes in the Dakotas and Nebraska; and the other two are the Omaha and Winnebago tribes of Nebraska.
      I kinda don't think you're wearing any clothes there, Harley.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        I kinda don't think you're wearing any clothes there, Harley.
        And yet more selection bias seen through the green eyes of childlike UND fan.

Comment

...blah blah blah...
          Unofficial quick glance, you used 59 words that contained at least 8 words. that doesn't even include the terms "Greco-Roman" nor "etheric soul."

I couldn't care less what opinion you have, be it pro or negative UND, but who the f are you trying to impress?

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
            Unofficial quick glance, you used 59 words that contained at least 8 words.
            Brilliant!! Cognitive dissonance is obviously your forte.

Comment

Good to see so many Gopher fans in the UND thread! Decided to cheer for a winning team for a change?

A couple great additions to UND in the last couple days with Luke and Luke! Nice work, Hakstol.

But then again your another myopic UND fan with an axe to grind.
              Love your use of "your"...must be that UMN education shining through?
              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                At the end of the day, it doesn't matter anymore. The name is gone. I hope the University keeps honoring the name, and the University's history with it, but I worry that it will go the way of the Flickertail, and will become some odd fact that someone presents at Freshman Orientation in 30 years.
                They should change the name to the Fighting Forks. Then the students can chant loudly their name whenever they see some official from the NCAA. FORK!! FORK!! FORK!!!
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                  Good to see so many Gopher fans in the UND thread! Decided to cheer for a winning team for a change?
                  I've always found it ironically entertaining when UND fans point out mistakes in other posts and yet at long last, they can't even seem to form complete sentences with subject pronouns and linking verbs. It must be a UND thing.

BTW, can someone cue the "Bird is a Word" video for Brian please?

Comment

I've always found it ironically entertaining when UND fans point out mistakes in other posts and yet at long last, they can't even seem to form complete sentences with subject pronouns and linking verbs.
                    "Your" crazy.
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Right, UND fans are monsters compared to goof fans what with the "flipping the bird" and all the "mean comments" they make towards other team's fans. What's next?! Riots?!

Take your Honda Goldwing and go wait for the next bridge to collapse.
                      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                        Right, UND fans are monsters compared to goof fans what with the "flipping the bird" and all the "mean comments" they make towards other team's fans. What's next?! Riots?!

Take your Honda Goldwing and go wait for the next bridge to collapse.
                        I saw a tree in that video, so I know it wasn't North Dakota by mistake.
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          I saw a tree in that video, so I know it wasn't North Dakota by mistake.
                          North Dakota has a $2 billion surplus, if we want trees we will hire some of you ditch diggers to plant them.
                          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

I've always found it ironically entertaining when UND fans point out mistakes in other posts and yet at long last, they can't even seem to form complete sentences with subject pronouns and linking verbs. It must be a UND thing.

I love the Trashmen. They are after all from Minnesota.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

And yet more selection bias seen through the green eyes of childlike UND fan.
                              Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                                North Dakota has a $2 billion surplus, if we want trees we will hire some of you ditch diggers to plant them.
                                no, we only go to North Dakota to kill things. preferable that quack. Or honk.
                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X