Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota Hockey: 2011-2012

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Kind of you--it is hard not to bring home the hardware for that long a time. But imagine what it would be like to go two-and-a-half times that long with zippo. I'll bet it scars fans for life.
    It doesn't impact the ones like Brent that conveniently jump on the bandwagon when the title drought ends and promptly set fire to everything in Dinkytown.

Comment

Although it seems like the best outcome due to the overall situation. I'm bummed for the UND fans who will be missing a nickname they've had for a century and the impact on the legacy of college hockey. The puck will drop again.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
        no worse than knowing your racist and abusive t shirts, jerseys and arena are going to be banned.
        Could the NCAA go so far as to force UND to have t shirts and jerseys with vermin on them? Naw--there has to be some kind of law.

Comment

Could the NCAA go so far as to force UND to have t shirts and jerseys with vermin on them? Naw--there has to be some kind of law.

Oh come on, you guys will wear your old "Fighting Sioux" shirts to every event, and show signs with the logo at every game, just to show how much it means to you. 50 years from now the "fighting Sioux head" will be outselling whatever the new UND logo is.
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Oh come on, you guys will wear your old "Fighting Sioux" shirts to every event, and show signs with the logo at every game, just to show how much it means to you. 50 years from now the "fighting Sioux head" will be outselling whatever the new UND logo is.
            Well, maybe.

Comment

Well, maybe.
              OK, how about the indian head on one side, and "F%$# the NCAA" on the other?

Comment

I believe the only change should be "Fighting Sioux" to "Sioux" and keep the outstanding Sioux face.
                Upper Deck Fan

Comment

It's nice to see the NCAA stepped up and did the right thing. I feel bad for the Sioux Tribe for having to put up with this disrespect for as long as they did. Rinkpig is all about respect!

On a serious note though - how funny is this as a Gopher fan? The answer is flippin hilarious! I can't wait to see what the NCAA makes the Sue do with The Ralph and all the logos everywhere. Good Times!

Comment

OK, how about the indian head on one side, and "F%$# the NCAA" on the other?
                    I've had an apostrophe! Use a gopher logo with a big Maroon "M", but keep the offensive indian head somewhere on the jersey. That way, we could retain the offensive logo without consequence, since we would never have to worry about making the playoffs anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEagle View Post
                      Sad day. As a native American friend of mine from the United Tribes College said when this controversy was bestowed upon UND from outside interests: "Now, we'll just be forgotten." Thank you to Ron His Horse Is Thunder and his massive ego! He laughed in the face of democracy by not letting the tribal members vote on it, and he got what he wanted. (BTW, where are the protesters? They should be calling out this injustice.) Now, the focus will be on Ron and the ****ty job he's done.
                      You have to remember you have a God given right to not be offended in this country... The thing that I find is funny is that 6-8 students have sued UND for the use of the logo. I would love to see a judge ask these students, "if UND is such a bad place and your 14 amendment rights are being violated, why do you go to school there?" I would love to hear the answer.
                      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                      Eric's Twitter
                      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon
                        You have to remember you have a God given right to not be offended in this country... The thing that I find is funny is that 6-8 students have sued UND for the use of the logo. I would love to see a judge ask these students, "if UND is such a bad place and your 14 amendment rights are being violated, why do you go to school there?" I would love to hear the answer.
                        They do not have to give an answer. They have a right to go to a school of their choosing, and not be discriminated against. Just as it was decided the Little Rock Nine could go to that school.

Comment

They do not have to give an answer. They have a right to go to a school of their choosing, and not be discriminated against. Just as it was decided the Little Rock Nine could go to that school.
                          If they are bringing a suit to federal court they will be expected to give concrete examples of how their right's have been infringed upon and not just anecdotal evidence...
                          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                          Eric's Twitter
                          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Uhm, they have every right to go to that school and the last time I check they are...how exactly are THEY being discriminated against by the use of the nickname? Please take your time, I want to hear a relevant response.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

what name will they select now?

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                                And yet another comical spin on the facts by a UND fan with very little cognitive ability in his one brain cell. Read the facts HERE. Interesting how the article points out that whoever (I assume a UND student) attempted to write "Prairie Nigga" couldn't even spell it correctly. Classy.
                                And you're an idiot. I would like to know how the use of the Fighting Sioux nickname translates to discrimination. People have preconceived stereotypes and a nickname isn't going to change those. Why don't you look at what UND has done for Indians? There are more programs at UND that provide opportunities for Indians than probably any other school in the country.
                                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Working...
                                X